PDA

View Full Version : Calling more cars...

EnduroFromDE
05-25-2009, 06:50 PM
There has to be a good way to gain more cars in these enduros...I know there used to be alot of cars coming down from Riverhead to race, but now there does not seem to be as many...also I was looking at the Mountain...i mean Sundance Vacation Speedway... results and as for the 4 cyl, out of the 27 cars, 22 of them did not race at grandview. and the same thing here, the cars running Grandview are not racing there either. there are alot of different cars out there that runs enduros but are only running at one track, Maybe somone can can inform why this is happening, and the couse of the low car count...is it money, travle time, lack of respect...:confused: there are a few drivers that race when ever they can. Why is there not more of these drivers. For me its the fact that I tear my car up and dont get it fixed until the friday night before the race...but I see top drivers that still has a good car not racing...

richardpetey
05-25-2009, 07:32 PM
Many years ago NEETS was a traveling series, we raced at many different tracks...........:cheers:
They settled at Lapdance Speedway for a three/four years until the two promoters(track and NEETS) had a falling out and NEETS moved to a one year stint at the dogtrack(MVS)..........................:rolleyes:
The bad blood that started at Lapdance split the series with many drivers following NEETS and visa-versa....................:disgusted
Joe and Erin obtained the series from Billy B. in the middle of the 2007 season and after MVS refused to be the NEETS home track in 2008, Joe signed on with Grandview late in 2008.......................:(
The economy is not helping, but the series has been twisted so many ways that only now are many of the former drivers returning to NEETS...............:applause:
The series at Lapdance is now in decline and the car count is now higher in the NEETS series.......................:cool:
NEETS has better rules and the people who run the organization are much more driver friendly........................:D
As much as I hate to say this, running dirt won't hurt either............:help:
Hopefully, the car counts will improve little by little until NEETS is back up to full strength......................;)
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
05-25-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks Petey...I knew all of that...but i guess with there being four or five tracks within 40-50 miles of each other racing enduros each week, there are not going to be 70-80-90 cars at each race like before...wats wrong with dirt anyway...:lol: I dont care either way dirt or paved as long as im not spending a 100 buck a weeks to go racing im there...:applause:

richardpetey
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Just like my "stupid bird" sez on the spoiler............."Friends don't let friends drive dirt".......................................... :eek:
I think I'll change the "rear spoiler slogan" every race..................:cool:
Lets see............How about.............DIRT HURTS...............:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
05-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Steve.....you kind of answered your own question!

With 3 tracks located so close running a similar event, the cars get spread quite thin. If you take (Big Cars alone) the count from SVS, BD and NEETS and add them all together, you would have something similar to when NEETS was the only show in town.

NEETS is "rebuilding" this season....you are going to see a lot of new drivers this whole year and a lot of them that will be there for maybe even just a race or two.....NEXT SEASON, after being established for two (one and a half rounded up!) seasons, you will notice the counts will rise is all departments. More fans will eventually show up, more cars will eventually run with NEETS and more crews will be present. ..."crews" vs the one driver one car no pit crew racer.....either is fine, but more crew members also means more potential racers!

We've endured through almost everything! We've raced through rain and through snow, raced until we've lost our home, raced in the dark, raced until we got kicked out, raced without a glimmer of hope and raced to a new home! Now we are back on our feet at Grandview! All we have to do is endure the economy! .....easier said than done though....

critter
05-25-2009, 08:54 PM
im doin what i can seems ever race i bring out one or two racers , just got another one today , i spread the word last time at the pagado junk car race lots of guys where askin quetions about it , so i gave them the word and web site told em to bring it on ,

rockinrick120
05-25-2009, 09:45 PM
I am enjoying The neets series.I love Grandveiw less bumps on its worst day then Nes or Bridgeport on there best day! I remember watching as a spectator a long time ago at wall speedway when "Speedo " almost hit the bottom of the flagstand driving up the wall. I just have to work out the details on the car and then will be there at the end. Look foward to many years of racing here and hope it is around when my son(11) is old enough to race with me. Can't wait till June Race !!!!!!

DerbyN8-128
05-26-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm new this season :wave:

And I'll be around all year except for the October 11th race on account of getting married the day before :lol:

My dad will also be racing AT LEAST one race this season in my spare car, possibly more.

Next year I plan to race all season and hoping to have someone else run my second car, weather it be my dad, brother in law, nephew, someone will always be running it. I have a few cars to use up.

critter
05-26-2009, 08:12 PM
i know of two more comin now :applause: