PDA

View Full Version : What year was the first for SK's?

Jaws
05-29-2009, 07:49 PM
The reason I ask is Stafford advertises the SK race next week as the 36th annual?

I don't think they have been around that long.

Has Coor Light been sponsoring for 36 years also?

Is it like Nascars Winston Cup, Nextel Cup, Sprint Cup revisionist history that this used to be a modified race too?

W. J.
05-29-2009, 07:55 PM
S-K's were first run in the early 80's, I think 1984, not positive.

Teds Race Tours
05-29-2009, 09:31 PM
1983 was the 1st year to popped into my head, so 84 is about right.

Jaws
05-29-2009, 10:00 PM
So that would be 25 years not 36! So next weeks race was special Mod race for 9 years .

Howie
05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
The reason I ask is Stafford advertises the SK race next week as the 36th annual?

I don't think they have been around that long.

Has Coor Light been sponsoring for 36 years also?

Is it like Nascars Winston Cup, Nextel Cup, Sprint Cup revisionist history that this used to be a modified race too?

Next weeks race is an 100 lap SK Lite race. No they haven't been around that long for sure.

Coors have been Sponsors at Stafford a long time, I don't think that long, but it could be I guess.

Back then I think the 100 lap race this time of year was known as "The Ferrara 100". Frank Ferrara and his Ferrara Spring Works in Springfield were long time sponsors at Stafford and had an annual 100 lap spring race.

Standard procedure for all races these days seems to be that no matter how many times the name or divisions change over the years, the ##th annual continues. Just like Grand National/Winston/Nextel/Sprint/etc. Cup. It is just the way everyone does it.

You must be bored!! :lol:

Rentawrench
05-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Coors LITE SK race, Not a Coors SK Lite race

Hope to see Howie at the Kart race some Monday nite ( No Rain on mondays)lol

Howie
05-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Coors LITE SK race, Not a Coors SK Lite race

Hope to see Howie at the Kart race some Monday nite ( No Rain on mondays)lol

Oh yeah - not only suffering from "old timers disease", guess I'm dyslexic now too. The Coors Lite SK 100.

Yes, there is a good chance I'll be there Monday.