PDA

View Full Version : Hanbury motorsports june newsletter

RGeeProductions
05-31-2009, 09:53 AM
The month of May was a pretty good month for Tony Hanbury and the Hanbury Motorsports Team. After starting the month out with a DNF, Tony went on a tear for the remainder of the month winning six of the eight races he entered for the remainder of the month.

“ Yes, May was a good month and I hope we can continue this hot streak into June “ said the driver who now has 74 career feature wins in his tenth season of driving. “ It is a total team effort right from my sponsors to my crew to my parents and to my family. We’re all working toward the same goals each race night and I know when I climb behind the wheel each race night I have a chance at winning the feature. “

MAY REVIEW

2nd – Chemung – 10th DNF, broken steering rack.

The defense of the titles didn’t start out exactly the way that Tony wanted on this night. Tony won his heat and in the feature was spun out early in the race. After restarting last Tony raced to the front only to get stuffed into the wall by race winner Bobby Osgood.
“ The car was actually too fast “ said Tony. “ I was very happy with the car in how it came back through the field to the front. It is just a shame that we got stuffed into the wall because I think we had the car to beat. “

8th – Wyoming County – 1st.

In a last minute decision to go racing, it all paid off in the end as Tony won his first feature of the year. Tony raced his dad’s car and with dad in Canada fishing the decision to take his car was easy as Tony’s car still wasn’t ready to go after the wreck at Chemung the week before.
“ We called dad half way to the track to tell him we were racing his car “ said Tony. “ The car was fast right off the trailer and we redrew outside pole for the feature. Zack Truesdail, my wife Doniel along with Daryl and Andy Lewis made some changes to the car for the feature and it made the car even faster for the feature. “

9th – Chemung – 1st, career win #70.

For the second year in a row Tony won night number two of racing after wrecking the first week.
“ For the second week in a row the car was outstanding “ said Tony. “ Just like last week we were fast right off the trailer and it showed as we won by a half a track. I just wish the car counts would be better. “

15th – Spencer – hot laps.

Tony pulled a double on this night as he hot lapped his Friday night ride at Spencer.
“ The car felt really good just like I stepped out of it last September “ said Tony. “ Our lap times were just about where we figured they would be I’m looking forward to Friday night and the 100 lapper to open the season. “

15th – Wyoming County – 2nd.

Following hot laps Tony literally flew to Perry, NY to try and make both of the 25 lap features. Tony was going to drive the Don Pratt Memorial car which is owned by his father in law, Daryl Lewis.
Tony arrived after the first feature was already run so he started last in the second 25 lap feature. Tony ended up second with no seat time and no hot laps.
“ I was kind of bummed out missing the first feature, but I had to hot lap my primary Friday night ride “ said Tony. “ But starting last with no laps on the car and to end up second I’m pretty happy. It’s too bad that it took so long to get by a few guys as they were mirror racing me. I think if I didn’t have to waste laps trying to pass these guys I could have had a shot at the win. “

17th – Chemung – 1st.

A special Sunday afternoon show saw the Hanbury winning streak continue as Tony followed his 2008 pattern by winning race number three, his second in a row after not finishing the first race of the season.
“ The car was awesome once again today “ said Tony. “ It was nice seeing some new faces on hand racing with us today and hopefully they will come back and race with us weekly. “

22nd – Spencer – 1st.

The first race of the year at Spencer was a 100 lap SST Tour show that was curfewed shortened to 75 laps.
The day before Tony made the decision to take his self owned car to Spencer for this race and it paid off big time with a win.
“ The car was on rails once again, like it has been all year long “ said Tony. “ You always second guess your decision at times and I was doing that but in the long run it was the right decision and it paid off big time for us. “

29th – Spencer – 1st.

In the first NASCAR Modified point show of the year Tony used a little luck by drawing the pole to vault him into his second consecutive win at the track.
“ I was lucky that I started on the pole as I think we were a fifth place car “ said Tony. “ But once I started hitting my spots we started to pull away. “

30th – Chemung – 3rd & 1st.

The first feature of the night was the rain postponed one from May 23rd. Tony ended up third as racing under the hot sun coupled with using old tires along with the mirror driving of JR Kent saw Tony race patiently.
“ I wasn’t sure whether I should make a lot of changes to the car or not “ said Tony. “ But in the long run I should have put on a new right rear as I think that would have enabled me to get under and pass JR for second. “
The second feature of the night was almost an exact replay of the first feature between JR Kent and Tony. However this time Tony pulled off a classic textbook asphalt racing move that would have made any veteran asphalt racer or race fan proud. This pass put Tony in the lead for good and he went on to win his sixth feature of the month.
“ The new right rear made the big difference “ said Tony. “ The pass took me three laps to set it up and I knew once I got under him and stayed there for a couple of laps. He would lose grip on the outside and that is exactly what happened. “

2009 STATS

11 starts in a Modified, NASCAR Modified, or SST Modified.
6 wins, 1 second, 1 third, 1 tenth, 1 - 12th, 1 - 14th.
8 top five’s, 9 top ten’s, 1 DNF.

2009 SPONSORS

Tony once again will be driving on Friday nights at Spencer in the car co–owned by Joshua Wilson and John Resus. This car finds sponsorship support coming from Fred’s Garage, John Clifford Auto Sales, Fastech Race Car Bodies, and ZTTH Graphic Concepts.

On Saturday nights Tony will be driving his championship winning mount from the past two years. Sponsorship support for this car comes from Tri – County Refrigeration, Buckley’s Automotive, John’s Fine Foods, Gail Clark Race Engines, Raytech Security, Woody’s Refinishing, Dom’s Custom Paint and Auto Body Center, Blue Collar Café, Owego Sanitation, ZTTH Graphic Concepts, Kolba Construction, Xtreme Coolers, Harris Diner, Scott Smith and Son, Mister Koffee Service, Fastech Race Car Bodies, Hanbury Sanitation, Talcott Well Drilling, and SIModified.com.

JR’S MOTORSPORTS MEDIA

Jaws
05-31-2009, 04:21 PM
Geeze what a crappy month!!! LOL