http://delangeracing.com/

Media Contact:
Bruce Boucher
(585) 598-3242
modscene@rochester.rr.com

Date: May 31, 2009
For Immediate Release

DELANGE RACING IS READY TO PLAY ANOTHER WINNING HAND

Eric Beers made his debut for DeLange Racing in the spring of 2009 with a trip to a familiar racetrack in his home state of Pennsylvania. Beers made his inaugural start in the cockpit of the brand new #45 Horwith Freightliner Modified on April 18 at a track he knows very well; Mahoning Valley Speedway in Lehighton, Pennsylvania. Eric had considerable success at the Keystone State raceway in his early years as a driver before venturing forth to other racing venues in the Northeast and beyond. But he proved there is no place like home with a victory in the first hand of the Modified 100 Poker Series on April 18. This coming Saturday, June 6, Beers and the DeLange team eagerly return to the card table for the second hand and another shot at a winning pot of $3000.

“Mahoning is like home for me,” says Beers. “It’s a track where I started out and I know there will be a lot of family and close friends there to watch me race this Saturday and I look forward to returning. I have a lot of experience to put to use and it paid off last time. The series of five 100-lap races for a good purse is a great idea and we made the most of it in April. Now we have some momentum built up and we hope to keep it going when we go back this weekend. It should be fun.”

Team owner Dave DeLange is also anxious to return. “The race in April was my first visit to Mahoning. I had heard a lot of good things about the track from Eric and the crew and it lived up to its reputation. We had a good racecar and Eric drove the car hard, leading every lap of the feature. Now we hope to have another winning trip there and walk away from the poker table with the pot. It should be interesting.”

The DeLange team is coming off a solid weekend in Upstate New York. Last Saturday they traveled east to Oswego Speedway for the first race on the 2009 Race of Champions Asphalt Modified Tour schedule, the Richie Evans Memorial 75. Beers started deep in the field from the 21st position and drove to the front to finish fourth. On Sunday they raced in the season opener at their “home track”, Dunn Tire Raceway Park in Lancaster, and earned another fourth place finish. They look forward to improving on that this coming Saturday by playing their cards right at Mahoning Valley Speedway.

-30-