PDA

View Full Version : weekly races at grandview

EnduroFromDE
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
i was looking at heading to Grandview this weekend for a reg saturday night show, I notice on the schedule only thing listed are Mods and Late models...Is this all they run on Saturday night, 1 1/2 hours is pretty far to drive for just two division, maybe someone can help me out on this ...

critter
06-02-2009, 07:40 PM
thats all they run , i do belive , check there web site but ithink thats it

Erin C
06-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Sometimes they have other divisions running but not all the time...they do have a lot of features to make up as well as I believe there were 2 or 3 rain outs after heats. Believe me, though, the regular Saturday night show is great. They run 2 or 3 full late model heats and 3 big block modified heats along with 2 big block consi's. After that they run the features which are FULL of action because both features are always FULL and always a guessing game. I don't think they have had a repeat mod winner yet this year and (my favorite) Mike Kelner in the Late Models is doing VERY well this year (and last year) as a young driver. We usually don't get out of there until 10:30-11:00 and I believe they hit practice at 6pm. It is always a fun time when we go up...I feel bad because we can't make it the next few weekends due to a family visit this weekend, our "second marriage" (yeah I know..) next weekend, and our second wedding reception the weekend after our event. We may make it later on the 13th but that is depending on how long the second ceremony takes...

Don't you love family?? They make you do everything twice so the ones who couldn't make it the first time can see it too...why did I marry an Italian?? :help:

DerbyN8-128
06-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Yeah other than special nights, that IS Grandviews saturday night series and is almost always a really good show. Other than that, every once in awhile the thunder on the hill shows are held (usually mid week) and they include the world of outlaw sprint cars and midget sprints. HOWEVER, sometimes these shows only last an hour and they cost 30 bucks to get into.

Sprint cars at grandview are an absolute awesome show, BUT its short and expensive.

EnduroFromDE
06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Cool...thanks, I might end up going, just gota check my moneys and see how they are doing, maybe they might run one of those make ups this weekend too...what is this on the 21st...NEETS Enduros...hmmm... i might have to check that out...:lol:

CJfilms
06-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Steve, send me a text.... 267-767-4923 I have an image on my phone that may convince you otherwise about a Saturday night race!

Also.....my phone wouldn't send texts last night, so hopefully it will be back online!!!!

W. J.
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Off topic a little: getting married a second time? How can anyone make the same 'mistake' twice? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Erin C
06-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I guess it is the old school Italian thing...gotta get it blessed by the church and have a second reception for all the older people who couldn't drive upstate for the real one...:help:

CJfilms
06-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Yeah........it's kind of like practice AFTER the big day......screwy Cutri's