PDA

View Full Version : Look what i found on you tube from saturday nights feature

99racing
06-02-2009, 08:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daFPbvYWGII

Ka$h25
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
From where I was sitting in Turn 1, that accident looked like the 8's fault. But from that angle, it looks like the 44 bounced off the 8 and the 8 over corrected to keep it out of the wall and incidentally turned into the 44. Awful looking wreck either way.

chargerthunder
06-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Looks like the 53's right front wheel makes contact with the left rear wheel of the pink car who turned into the car that hit the wall...I don't get why they slowmowed that restart, I didn't see the race but it looks like the 53 went early?

Ka$h25
06-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Looks like the 53's right front wheel makes contact with the left rear wheel of the pink car who turned into the car that hit the wall...I don't get why they slowmowed that restart, I didn't see the race but it looks like the 53 went early?

Yeah the 53 definitely went early, but would have been fine if he didn't passed before the line. His argument was that the 8 slowed down so he would pass which is a bit of a dirty move, but then again so is ditching to the inside like that. I agree it's a non-issue, especially after post race inspections.

Richie25
06-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Yeah the 53 definitely went early, but would have been fine if he didn't passed before the line. His argument was that the 8 slowed down so he would pass which is a bit of a dirty move, but then again so is ditching to the inside like that. I agree it's a non-issue, especially after post race inspections.

you have to see that last restart from gloors prespective, nowak dove under him and was clearly jumping as he was under his lr and almost to the door before the 8 slowed. if gloor had not have slowed to get back in line he kisses his top 5 goodbye.also early in the race when nowak started on the outside on i belive the 2nd or 3rd restart he dove to the middle jumping up to rows which is 4 positions, i thought the officals were putting him to the back but i guse they let him off on a warning with that one. but being put back 1 spot for jumping shouldnt that be more sevier? so gloor raced smart and deserved that win so congrats ya made your pops proud.

W. J.
06-02-2009, 10:38 PM
Nowak was in front at the finish. He was placed in 2nd after the officials ruled on his illegal pass on the restart. In tech after the races, they found an altered muffler, DQ'ed him, no points, no money. I guess that's quite enough, don't you think?

Now, about that pink car that ran the car into the third turn wall in order to make HIS pass.....

The Bullfather
06-02-2009, 10:55 PM
I'll have my footage up tomorrow late morning hopefully. I have it in both regular speed and slo-mo! Gloor IV looked under for the pass twice at the drop of the green, but didn't pass before the white line!

RGeeProductions
06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Who said Gloor tried to pass before the white line...I got lost here somewhere....

The Bullfather
06-02-2009, 11:18 PM
nobody, but like Nowak, Gloor tired the same move twice. Difference was Nowak passed before white line, Gloor didn't! Nowak should have backed out a bit, like Gloor did earlier in the race on restarts.

Racer18
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
that whole race from start to finish was bull $hit. And its pretty clear to me that the 44 got screwed pretty hard by the 8.

Ka$h25
06-03-2009, 10:40 PM
Now, about that pink car that ran the car into the third turn wall in order to make HIS pass.....

And its pretty clear to me that the 44 got screwed pretty hard by the 8.

I think the youtube clip shows pretty clearly that it was a racing accident. The 44 came out of turn 2 a little hard, bounced into the 8 and rather then put himself in the wall the 8 over corrected into the 44 and just caught him in the wrong spot.

The Bullfather
06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Sorry I missed putting up my clip, but it's now up with a different angle!

W. J.
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
I think the youtube clip shows pretty clearly that it was a racing accident. The 44 came out of turn 2 a little hard, bounced into the 8 and rather then put himself in the wall the 8 over corrected into the 44 and just caught him in the wrong spot.Another case of trying to win the race before a lap is even in the books. He should have backed off and let Cacioppo correct. It would have avoided what was a horrific crash into the gate and wall. We should all be thankful that Cacioppo was able to walk away.

The Bullfather
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
No matter who was at fault I hope John was able to make sure Anthony was ok! It's sportsmanship that seems to flow within the legends division!

Ka$h25
06-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Another case of trying to win the race before a lap is even in the books. He should have backed off and let Cacioppo correct. It would have avoided what was a horrific crash into the gate and wall. We should all be thankful that Cacioppo was able to walk away.

Watch the row of cars behind the 8 and 44. The 44 comes out of turn two in the same grove as the outside car in the row behind. He pushed up quite a bit and initiated the contact. You can see the right rear swing out and touch the 8. After that they bounce off of each other a couple times and the 44 ends up getting turned.

It's a 20 lap race in a large competitive field. Don't chastise the kid for making an outside pass on lap one. I'd understand if he made a bad decision, maybe if he nose dived going into the turn, but he made a clean pass on the outside. Perhaps the 44 didn't like being passed out there and thought he'd run him up a bit. Either way if you ask me, racing incident.

W. J.
06-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Watch the row of cars behind the 8 and 44. The 44 comes out of turn two in the same grove as the outside car in the row behind. He pushed up quite a bit and initiated the contact. You can see the right rear swing out and touch the 8. After that they bounce off of each other a couple times and the 44 ends up getting turned.

It's a 20 lap race in a large competitive field. Don't chastise the kid for making an outside pass on lap one. I'd understand if he made a bad decision, maybe if he nose dived going into the turn, but he made a clean pass on the outside. Perhaps the 44 didn't like being passed out there and thought he'd run him up a bit. Either way if you ask me, racing incident.He was not yet past the 44, just up to his right rear, and being that early in the race, probably should have backed off, especially in view of the previous pile up that occurred on the first try at getting that race going. It's the first time I remember the officials mandating a single file restart with NO laps complete..
Funny, that's exactly what he did when he was passed illegally later in the race (watch the video again).
Yes, it was a racing incident, but one that needn't have happened.
Let's see if the much touted 'sportsmanship' involves the #8 team helping the #44 guys work on getting the car ready to race again.

Ka$h25
06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
He was not yet past the 44, just up to his right rear, and being that early in the race, probably should have backed off, especially in view of the previous pile up that occurred on the first try at getting that race going. It's the first time I remember the officials mandating a single file restart with NO laps complete..
Funny, that's exactly what he did when he was passed illegally later in the race (watch the video again).
Yes, it was a racing incident, but one that needn't have happened.
Let's see if the much touted 'sportsmanship' involves the #8 team helping the #44 guys work on getting the car ready to race again.

I can't believe the guy who thought the Reeves/Turbush incident was a "racing accident" is trying to pin this one on Gloor. :lol:

The Bullfather
06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
You can have 10 guys watch the same video or sets of videos and get 10 different answers! No need to get personal John, it's a forum for open discussion, no bodyslams!:)

W. J.
06-05-2009, 10:22 AM
I can't believe the guy who thought the Reeves/Turbush incident was a "racing accident" is trying to pin this one on Gloor. :lol:
There is no comparison between these two incidents, entirely different circumstance, so I don't even know why you brought it up.
My point is Johnny needs to learn when to race and when to back out. The first lap, no matter how competitive a division is, is not the time to run like there's no tomorrow.
And as stated above, different angles of viewing bring different opinions of what happens on the track.

Ka$h25
06-05-2009, 10:34 AM
There is no comparison between these two incidents, entirely different circumstance, so I don't even know why you brought it up.
My point is Johnny needs to learn when to race and when to back out. The first lap, no matter how competitive a division is, is not the time to run like there's no tomorrow.
And as stated above, different angles of viewing bring different opinions of what happens on the track.

What different angles? There's a perfect angle in slow motion that we can both watch. If the 8 backs out there then he's going into turns 3 and 4 on the outside of the 53 and 83 3-wide. I suppose he should back out of that too? Meanwhile the 44 can run guys up to the wall all day and you have no problems with that.

Ka$h25
06-05-2009, 10:36 AM
You can have 10 guys watch the same video or sets of videos and get 10 different answers! No need to get personal John, it's a forum for open discussion, no bodyslams!:)

My problem is the first comment. It's a pretty bold statement to say that a driver intentionally left-turned another driver into the wall.

W. J.
06-05-2009, 10:59 AM
What different angles? There's a perfect angle in slow motion that we can both watch. If the 8 backs out there then he's going into turns 3 and 4 on the outside of the 53 and 83 3-wide. I suppose he should back out of that too? Meanwhile the 44 can run guys up to the wall all day and you have no problems with that.I didn't say I had no problem with that. There is no 100% blame here. I stated the Johnny could have backed off, but that he stayed in the gas, and we all saw the result. There was no 'left turning a guy into the wall' here, just that he obviously never let off to give the 44 a chance to correct. I know from watching John race that he's a good enough driver that this incident could have had a better outcome than it did. That's all I'm trying to say.

Ka$h25
06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I didn't say I had no problem with that. There is no 100% blame here. I stated the Johnny could have backed off, but that he stayed in the gas, and we all saw the result. There was no 'left turning a guy into the wall' here, just that he obviously never let off to give the 44 a chance to correct. I know from watching John race that he's a good enough driver that this incident could have had a better outcome than it did. That's all I'm trying to say.

Alright, that's much better said. Saying that Gloor could have prevented it sounds a lot better than saying the pink car ran him into the wall trying to make a pass, don't you think? Heck, every accident can be prevented if someone is willing to give up ground. The 44 could of have stayed off the gas for a second longer and it would have been avoided just as easily. But he wanted inside positioning going into 3 so he stayed in it. Either of them could have prevented it, neither of them are at fault. It's racing.

W. J.
06-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Exactly! :)

kart34
06-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Alright, that's much better said. Saying that Gloor could have prevented it sounds a lot better than saying the pink car ran him into the wall trying to make a pass, don't you think? Heck, every accident can be prevented if someone is willing to give up ground. The 44 could of have stayed off the gas for a second longer and it would have been avoided just as easily. But he wanted inside positioning going into 3 so he stayed in it. Either of them could have prevented it, neither of them are at fault. It's racing.

totally agree but congrads to my boy johnny on his first legend win!

jgloor8
06-05-2009, 09:14 PM
thanx man...i really couldnt have done it with out you