PDA

View Full Version : SK's at Riverhead

hollywoodmic
06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
SK Modifieds Welcome: As of this Saturday June 6th, SK Type Modifieds are permitted to run with our NASCAR Modifieds at Riverhead Raceway! Barbara & Jim Cromarty, along with Jim Maggio and Mike Cappiello have spoken with NASCAR and all systems are go. SK cars must have a neon orange stripe that runs the width of the rear bumper to identify them. The driver will be paid the regular purse as to where they finish in the NASCAR Modified main, as well as track and national points. We know many SK teams have been waiting for this since last year and now your time is finally here!

This is the opening paragraph in Bob Finan's Eye on Riverhead. I hope we get some cars to come out. Good luck to the teams that make the attempt.

RGeeProductions
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
That is true. Bob was to send a PR out for it and hasn't as of yet.
Funny thing about this, why couldn't they have run with the modifieds all along????

Golf Guy
06-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Being the novice that I am, do the SK's stand a chance against the current mod's?

catfish
06-03-2009, 04:37 PM
The chance they may have is when they pile up in the corner the SK's being slower will possibly be able to drive around the wreck. Actually at Riverhead with a good SK motor on new Riverhead tires probably can easily finish mid pack maybe better, it should be easier to get the car to hook up and actually back off the gas less in the corners thus keeping up the RPM's and getting back in the power band quiker.

The Bullfather
06-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Kevin Orlando first time out this season on Riverhead Raceway tires was pulling 12.5's, little tweaking here and there. Thing is those tire grip in the corners and the sk's roll through smoothly. The biggest advantage Tour type mod have is straight away speed! This will help car counts and bring more people in! Also in hopes, maybe some of the sk guys will find a tour type motor! Most of the guys who run SK's are experienced drivers in a modified, so they should be respectful if they are going to get lapped. Maybe we'll see some of those SK's hang on the outside!

Turn2Guru
06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Okay, so now the Sk's got their wish, Blunderbusts have already had a make up date, so when do the Late Models get more races. I think it is better to watch the Late Models race then to sit through a 45 minute intermission each week.

Golf Guy
06-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Okay, so now the Sk's got their wish, Blunderbusts have already had a make up date, so when do the Late Models get more races. I think it is better to watch the Late Models race then to sit through a 45 minute intermission each week.

how about when we get more than 11 LM's. Come on guy's dust off those LM's sitting around and let's get racing!

Jaws
06-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Thats great to hear, I hope they get at least a couple this week.

DriveitinDeep
06-03-2009, 07:27 PM
what is really sad is that I bet we'll see more RR LM's at Wall then we see at RR. If we start getting a decent anount of cars at RR (like 14) we might have a shot to get another race.

Cars that are AWOL
1x
35 He has a pass
14 & 72 (understood)
my old car (doesn't have a number)
that's a lot of cars that add up fast to make a full division
next season (if there is one) you're going to loose another car. So c'mon, get your cars out there

W. J.
06-03-2009, 07:50 PM
If SK's and Mods can combine, how about running top 4 from the Charger race at the tail of the LM race. That would be interesting.

bulldozer
06-03-2009, 08:14 PM
I wrote riverhead raceway a suggestion today.Maybe we could add 5 more laps to all the features since we have no heat races.Maybe add a show here or there for the chargers,late models or the trucks.

RACENUT
06-03-2009, 08:23 PM
5 more laps for you to get to the front, don't think you need that. slower cars wouldn't have half a chance then.

Jaws
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
what is really sad is that I bet we'll see more RR LM's at Wall then we see at RR. If we start getting a decent anount of cars at RR (like 14) we might have a shot to get another race.

Cars that are AWOL
1x
35 He has a pass
14 & 72 (understood)
my old car (doesn't have a number)
that's a lot of cars that add up fast to make a full division
next season (if there is one) you're going to loose another car. So c'mon, get your cars out there

With the cars from Sun Valley and other places plus the Riverhead guys that might be a good race almost like Nelma.

Ka$h25
06-03-2009, 10:36 PM
5 more laps for you to get to the front, don't think you need that. slower cars wouldn't have half a chance then.

I think it's a great idea. It's a real shame when you see the fast cars not win races because of lack of time. All the oval divisions should be at least 30 laps.

Hollywood
06-04-2009, 08:44 AM
HMMMMMMMMM SK'S HUH? Now you've got me thinking..... But My wife will kill me...... hmmmmmmm :applause::applause:

DriveitinDeep
06-04-2009, 09:34 AM
go for it Harold. You can always get another wife, but another race car......lol

catfish
06-04-2009, 09:42 AM
make sure you buy it and run it one week before you tell her, this way when she does kill you at least you got to race it once. LOL

The Bullfather
06-04-2009, 09:59 AM
You, Rich wants in Harold!If Jivanelli could....... he would, but it's time for Rich Wilson to move up from go-karts lol

Hollywood
06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I never sat in the modified I had before... But this one? hahahah Probably have to fight with my son to get in it.. You race car drivers are a very protective bunch!

The Bullfather
06-04-2009, 10:10 AM
Rich is a lot smaller then the big guys :O) could you get in one at your age??? lol Your wife will laugh at that one! See ya on facebook buddy!:O)

DODGE99
06-04-2009, 12:07 PM
yea we dipped into the 4's but consistant 5's all day long. the tires we had on were riverhead tires with the 35 laps on them from the night before. and from what im hearing the mid race lap times from the leader are only 3's and 4's. not sure if its true but if thats the case we should be able to hang mid field.

Bushman
06-04-2009, 12:09 PM
GREAT MOVE :wave:

Buckshot11
06-04-2009, 12:52 PM
Fortin was running 12.3's and 12.4's. He wasn't going 100%, but most people time trialed close to that area anyway.

chealy7296
06-05-2009, 09:02 PM
If anyone is planning on running an SK this Saturday they must have a modified driver license. We WILL be checking!!!!!

CuriousGeorge
06-05-2009, 09:39 PM
What difference does it make? License or not?

DODGE99
06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
well?? yes? no? good idea? or not? i had a blast running with the mods saturday night! i just gotta thank John Fortin, Chris Young, Justin Bonsignore, Joe Ambrose and Dave Brigati for giving me their take off tires so i can put a decent set together. All in all i thought it was a good showing, i wish a couple more cars had showed up but we gotta start somewhere. Only one driver had a few more questions and concerns about the SKs then everyone else in the modified drivers meeting saturday morning, but congrats to him on his win!!

SK Mods at Riverhead Raceway or not?

W. J.
06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Looks good so far, let's wait and see how it goes. You and Mike Power did a good job last night, giving the debut a good rep.

RacinRob
06-07-2009, 08:27 PM
If kevin had sticker tires on he wouldve been able to keep up with the end of the pack without question...kevin and mike were respectful and raced hard and had fun...awesome job fellas!

Jaws
06-07-2009, 09:57 PM
If you didn't know they were SK's you could not really tell the difference. 18 cars is 18 cars too bad for the early wreck that knocked out a few cars.

unowho243
06-08-2009, 01:17 PM
thye looked like the kept up pretty well to me if ther get some tires and dial in there set ups a lil bit more it would be awesome