PDA

View Full Version : looks like im done

critter
06-04-2009, 03:31 PM
well my car will not run , if i let it sit for a day it starts shut it off it wont fire back up , so i think im just goin to scrap the car and be done ,maybe out for the rest of the season dont know yet , and i dont have any play money to fix or get another car , so i will keep u posted on my crisis , :mad:

critter
06-04-2009, 03:33 PM
erin keep me signed up just in case it gets fixed ,fingers crossed ,:( hope to see u all on fathers day race

Erin C
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I won't take you off! I have faith in you, you'll get it done...the picture says so...just go into your "office" and think for a while :lol:

DerbyN8-128
06-04-2009, 03:44 PM
hmmmm isn't this the same car you are trying to get Erin to drive in the all female race?

I don't think she will be wanting to drive your broken down race car :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You have a few weeks yet, plenty of time too fix it. :cool:

LM13
06-04-2009, 04:12 PM
It's the module [spelling?] in the distributer that want bad. The lube insulation dried up under it and when the car is cool it will start. After it runs and heats up it won't let you restart the car until it cools off again. That's why it starts again in the morning. If you pull the cap and rotor you will see it as two wires plug into each side of it. Two screws and it's out. You can get it at any auto parts store for under 25 bucks. Make sure you put the lube that comes with it on before you replace it. If you have no money you can take it off and just relube it and it might just work also.

critter
06-04-2009, 04:32 PM
lm13 thank u and i will get one tommorow and do that , that would also explain alot ,thx to all for haven faith in me ,and erin i will get that car runnin ,u better fine the ladies to race with u ,so im guessin dont count me out yet , just had a very bad week ,and the car didnt help the situation ,ill let u all know how it turns out thx all

critter
06-04-2009, 04:43 PM
oh lm13 u do know i have a chrysler right ? im just happy now ,hopin thats what it is , i wanna go racin thx again all if it runs ill give u all big hugs

LM13
06-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Thought it was a Chevy but it should be the same I hope. Just more expensive.

critter
06-04-2009, 07:47 PM
nope its a chrylser im hopin thats the issue

richardpetey
06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Maybe some of the guys on this forum can help you Mr Critter..............:rolleyes:
Gotta know make, model, year and engine size of your Jesus Chrysler..................:angel:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
06-04-2009, 08:53 PM
85 crysler fith ave 318 , hopin to get it runnin :(

mcstockcar
06-04-2009, 08:59 PM
Youll getter fixed, I gots faith in ya! I fixed my hunk of s- uh um junk. Good ol chrysler ignition issues.:wave:

critter
06-04-2009, 09:04 PM
well i did plugs , wires , checked all wires i could see , im thinkin either what lm told me or voltage regulotor ,or the peice of wirin puzzle that has to with the stater , jeeze my head hurts

critter
06-04-2009, 09:13 PM
im wondering if its the lean burn system on the air cleaner ? some kind of computer junk on the side of it , hmmm elec contac cleaner maybe ?

mcstockcar
06-04-2009, 09:43 PM
5 gal o gas and a lighter to that lean burn setup! we'll c how lean it really burns. Those things can be headaches. That shouldnt have anything to do if it aint got spark. Distibutor module and or pickup in the distibutor? They are hard to diagnose with out just throwing parts at it.

critter
06-05-2009, 01:20 PM
i got spark , im goin to look under the cap to see whats there , then its i guess game i guess , this thing is givin me a headache , much rather pull sheet metal oh wait goot do that too , after the hunk of $$$$ runs

critter
06-05-2009, 01:21 PM
i got spark , im goin to look under the cap to see whats there , then its i guess game i guess , this thing is givin me a headache , much rather pull sheet metal oh wait go to do that too , after the hunk of $$$$ runs

woot lawrence
06-05-2009, 03:01 PM
hey critter, you say you got spark but it doesnt run? do you have fuel spraying from the jets when it is hot? could be vapor lock if you got no fuel.

critter
06-05-2009, 03:55 PM
thx ill check that too , thx all for the help ill be busy tommorow tryin to get this thing runnin

RICK16RACIN
06-05-2009, 10:33 PM
check the vent in the fuel tank or the gas cap to see if it venting , it will suck the tank in if it is not venting

DerbyN8-128
06-06-2009, 12:29 AM
google your problem

You'd be surprised at what you might find

good luck :wave:

critter
06-06-2009, 08:21 AM
google i have done , thats where i learned about the lean burn system , im gettin fuel , i dont think its fuel problem , after it runs and then shuts off its still gettin fuel , fuel cell looks ok in the vent area , after u try to refire its floodin out too , so im thinkin timing ,elec , something ???

critter
06-06-2009, 08:33 AM
im headin to the shop in a few , going to get this car figured out hopefully today , thx for all the things to look for im hopin its a easy fix i wanna keep on racin ,plus erin needs my car if the ladies race happens , wish me luck :wave:

NeetsSpectator
06-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Maybe this will help you.

http://www.ifitjams.com/starting.htm

W. J.
06-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Flooding out? Maybe a stuck float in the carb?

critter
06-06-2009, 01:31 PM
towel in hand , ready to throw it in , car wont chank over now , i walked away from it today , scrap yard is looking better and better everday ill keep u posted :mad:

spier racing 93
06-06-2009, 01:45 PM
you quit too easy...

still have 12 volts at the battery? ...just to rule out a parasitic draw...
how about the fuses?

its an 85 or soemthing you said right? you can probably bypass all the wiring $hit, and try and get it to crank over direct off the battery, just make sure its in park or neutral!!!:help:

DerbyN8-128
06-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Scrap yard????
If you really give up on the car, might want to ask around here to see if someone wants to buy it...

BIGDADDY64
06-06-2009, 08:47 PM
put the towel away bro or ill beat your a$$
i agree with spier you are quitting too soon
it has too be something stupid we aint catching
it aint over yet alot of time until the 21st
we will fig it out

critter
06-06-2009, 09:41 PM
thx big bro ( bigdaddy ) just seems my luck has had a real good run of bad stuff latlely , and this car issue aint helpin , ill do my best to get it done thx all

critter
06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
i was yold today to put my big girl panties on and the car will be there , so im guessin my crew is goin to help get this runnin cross all fingers :-B

tbirdracer
06-08-2009, 08:08 AM
they critter, you don't know me, i ran bdr. think you have troubles, working on my car yesterday when it caught on fire:mad:. i got some 2nd degree burns but i will work on it harder to fix it. i was going to run bdr and then come to neets to run in july. keep working on yours, i know you will get it. :wave: remember: quit never race and racers never quit:applause:

CJfilms
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Hmmm......I thought your name was Critter not Quitter!!! ....that must be the French pronounciation!!! :lol:

You'll figger it out, or else you just have to tow it to the track and get it running there! We'll be there bright and early, WILL ANYONE ELSE BE THERE TO TRY TO HELP THE CRITTER GET OUT OF THIS HOLE HE'S STUCK IN????

I'll bring my know-how and my wife......bring markers!

critter
06-08-2009, 03:23 PM
thx guys , im tryin to get this thing goin , im not a quitter , if i have to ill build another car , last option of cousre , but ill kepp u guys and gals posted , sorry to hear about your burns , and joe ill have markers there , thx again all

critter
06-09-2009, 10:34 PM
got the car on the lift tonight , found a few things wrong , starter was bad , therfore not turnin over , need to check the timing , do a oil change hope to have her runnin thurs night , if it runs , then its pull a few dents , add my bar over my head , and skis to slide off the wall , thx everone for tryin to help :wave:

DerbyN8-128
06-10-2009, 04:48 PM
starter was bad , therfore not turnin over ,

definitely a good place to start
:applause:

critter
06-10-2009, 08:27 PM
thats funny nate , goin to get it runnin tommorow night i hope