PDA

View Full Version : More racing requested...

Ka$h25
06-07-2009, 11:43 PM
More racing received.

How about a little love for whoever got the message through to the powers at be. A fuller modified field, added Time Trials for the trucks, two added shows for the blunderbusts, and it's still early!

Great job, let's keep it coming.

On a side note, I think if you're going to add shows it should be held to a vote and only passed if unanimous, or at least the top 5-10 in points, unless they add some no-point events.

rabbid1
06-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Everyone appreciates the added shows , but maybe the June 27th show , Being that its on graduation week should have been a non points show . It does not effect me in any way , being i'm not in contention and am between kids graduating . But many drivers in the points chase will have to make a really hard choice , non points will solve the problem will make everyone happy , including the fans .

W. J.
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
It would also be nice to see a few more Late Model events added. They may not have the biggest field of cars, but they put on a good show each time they are out there. :applause:

Ka$h25
06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Everyone appreciates the added shows , but maybe the June 27th show , Being that its on graduation week should have been a non points show . It does not effect me in any way , being i'm not in contention and am between kids graduating . But many drivers in the points chase will have to make a really hard choice , non points will solve the problem will make everyone happy , including the fans .

That's what I thought at first as well, but when you consider that there are no point fund checks, you have to figure the only guys who really care are potential champions. I do agree though, that it should be 100% unanimous or no-points.

Or maybe for the BB's with the two added shows and if they continue to add on short notice they can consider switching the standings to an .avg finish per race method. This way the drivers with prior engagements can miss those last minute events.

Jaws
06-08-2009, 01:24 PM
That's what I thought at first as well, but when you consider that there are no point fund checks, you have to figure the only guys who really care are potential champions. I do agree though, that it should be 100% unanimous or no-points.

Or maybe for the BB's with the two added shows and if they continue to add on short notice they can consider switching the standings to an .avg finish per race method. This way the drivers with prior engagements can miss those last minute events.

I think we need to accept the extra races and move on, we asked for them. Now we want to dictate what weeks and how we give them points? The other divisions that have graduations will all be there.

Should the track close weekends where there conflicts?? I don't think so, it would be closed every week.

If they can't make that race they can't. the only thing the track could do is make them non points races, but why would they do that, it would allow more drivers not to show.

More races ....all right!

Ka$h25
06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
I think we need to accept the extra races and move on, we asked for them. Now we want to dictate what weeks and how we give them points? The other divisions that have graduations will all be there.

Should the track close weekends where there conflicts?? I don't think so, it would be closed every week.

If they can't make that race they can't. the only thing the track could do is make them non points races, but why would they do that, it would allow more drivers not to show.

More races ....all right!

I'm with ya, but I could understand some drivers being upset. The June race that was added is a popular weekend. There's a big racing going on at Wall Stadium, and truck enduros at Bethel. I'm sure most guys will be there, but I'm also sure a few had other plans.

But as a fan, it's one the best divisions to watch, with a full field, so you won't hear me crying.

RACENUT
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Kash, we all wanted more shows added, so just be happy we have them. If the drivers want to race, they will be more then happy to change there plans, which i'm sure they will.

bulldozer
06-08-2009, 03:17 PM
I would like to thank riverhead raceway for adding some shows.Every year there is always a show or two added so I know not to make plans on any saturday i'm off.I save that for the winter time.It's race season, lets race every week.

Golf Guy
06-08-2009, 04:32 PM
I would like to thank riverhead raceway for adding some shows.Every year there is always a show or two added so I know not to make plans on any saturday i'm off.I save that for the winter time.It's race season, lets race every week.

Chris you are a true racer and I wish more guy's had your positive attitude.

Jaws
06-08-2009, 07:06 PM

Thats right Chris, its Sat. night what else would you guys do?? Its racing season, we can go to the movies when it rains and in November (Except Turkey Derby weekend)

RickFigure8
06-09-2009, 11:06 PM
At Islip we ran as much as 18 shows a season, no weeks off. In 77 we ran figure8 friday night at Riverhead, figure8 saturday night at Islip and on the oval with the street stocks on some of the sundays.