PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful

RacinGrl09
06-08-2009, 10:44 AM
On behalf of the Van Houten Race team, I would just like to say that there was absolutely NO justifiable reason that we should have been intentionally sent into the wall in turn 1. It was an extremely poor show of professionalism, sportsmanship, and respect by the #6 team. We did nothing but race clean and hard and that is what we get? It's one thing to get someone loose or spin them out even (which we could have done numerous times but we didnt. We were passing on the OUTside)......but intentionally causing $2,000 in damage is just disgraceful. We are not in the points race at Riverhead. We come out to have FUN. Its a shame that people forget that. We don't race at riverhead every week and perhaps this is why. You race someone clean and you get right turned for it. Its just really sad that this is what racing has come to. Now I know I'm not the only one who saw this, and if anyone has a valid reason why we should have gotten sent into the wall I would love to hear it.

As for the #6......Thanks for the $$$$ we will have to spend and the time and effort it will take to repair the car. Just remember that karma exits and what goes around comes around. You want to drive like that, don't be surprised if someone does it to you. Making enemies on a racetrack isn't the best of ideas, but good luck with that.

-Meredith Van Houten :disgusted

Ka$h25
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Although it happened right in front of me, I actually missed the contact and what initiated it. I'm interested though to see the video when Pitbull comes out with this weeks Bench Racing (pitstoppitbull.com).

I just had to comment on the fact that with his temper boiling walking on the race track, on his way back to the car he turned around waved and smiled to the kids that gathered around. :applause:

The Bullfather
06-08-2009, 05:06 PM
Wes Zaleski came over to the officials before the modifieds hit the track and promised he did not send Van Houten into the wall on purpose and felt extremely bad. It was very heart felt and seemed sincere about it. Wes, does not race to send people into the wall or into another groove. I can understand your anger because it all comes down to time and money, which Brad and his crew now have to work over time to get the car back in racing condition. I hope he was able to talk to Brad afterward or at least the next race. Sometimes people complain (ohhhh so and so came into my pits and then ...when they don't we hear .....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh so and so should have been man enough to come over and talk to me!),I say leave it in the driver's hands! Brad is great driver!

gzenduro12
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Looked like #6 was out of shape at the end of the straight away and hadn't fully gathered the car going into the turn. Don't think it was intentional. Video will tell all.

RacinGrl09
06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
It just would have been nice of the officials to come and tell us that he apologized....instead of leaving us thinking it was intentional. It would have saved us a lot of built up anger and fustration. BUT on a better note, Brad and Wes spoke today on the phone and smoothed things over. It was not intentional and there are no hard feelings. We will see everyone when the car is done!

The Bullfather
06-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the update, A lot of things go on in the pits, you know how it is, the mods were about to head out on the track in a few mins. Got to roll with the punches as they come, ya know! I don't believe I have a shot of the incident, I have to check, been editing since last night, got my highlight copies and full racing copies for dvds. Then I have to do bench racing Tuesday night with Blunderbust winner Rob Bader, it was planned a week ago, but who knew he'd do what he did!!!:) Then edit thoses, burn dvds and then time for the EEKR video editing for the go-karts!!! MY EYES...THEY BLEED. lol I love it though!:)

Turbo
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
when are you scheduling me to do the bench? cause I really need to get this win business out the way, monkey off the back or whatever! lol