PDA

View Full Version : For the next race...

CJfilms
06-08-2009, 11:05 AM
We are changing a few things around...for the best of things!!!!!

1. Start time/pit gates open: Pit gates open at 9 AM, same as last time, Driver's meeting is at 1:30, same as last time, line-ups begin at 2PM, same as last time, first race begins 2:30PM, same as last time.........getting the hint? Nothing is going to change on behalf of the event times!!! But, we need everyone else to start understanding why we have these times in place.... When people start showing up around 12/12:30, it becomes a mad rush to register and safety tech the cars. Then, we still have to do the line-ups on the board, break down the registrations into payouts and then the girls have to haul themselves up to the tower to get things ready up there..... All we are asking is that you arrive with enough time to unload, register and have your car safety tech'd before the driver's meeting.

I will be talking about this a little more at this upcoming event's driver's meeting. I want to see everyone there and ready to race by the meeting, not still registering or picking up transponders or running over to tech for the first time. In the future, we will be putting some restrictions in place...first off, for events 5 & 6, any driver who shows up after the drop of the green flag of the first event will have to pay $75 for registration - the extra cash goes towards the points fund. For events 7 & 8, showing up after the green flag of the first race will mean you are racing for no points no purse....still have to pass safety inspection.

We are all trying to squeeze too many things into too little time, pits open at 9AM, get there early and you won't have any problems....IF you are running late or are stuck in traffic...CALL MY PHONE OR CALL SOMEONE IN THE PITS!!! They will have to pay for your registration/transponder and pick for position for you.....but at least you will be in the race! I don't want to see trailers keep pulling in after 12 noon each event, it is just too much for everyone to deal with in an organized manner....plus, when someone wants to talk about something then......you're really out of luck!

2. Line-ups: As if they haven't been the cause for my headaches long enough now.....I think we have finally figured out what we are going to do to help this whole thing out....

On the line-up board posted at the driver's meeting, you are going to see a LETTER next to a group of two rows of cars. That letter will be the group that will be called to the track. For example, "GROUP A - please proceed to the speedway" - Cars in positions 1 through 6 will proceed onto the speedway from the staging area, single file and with plenty of space between cars, complete one full lap and head to the infield FACING THE GRANDSTANDS!!! The pace truck will be parked down in turn #1 facing the grandstands, park on the dry dirt behind the truck. Once all the cars are in the infield, we may have the water truck run a lap or two depending on how hot the day is and how dry the track gets during line-ups...

IF your transponder does not work, we will send an official over to look at it...if it is one of ours and it is mounted incorrectly, we will swap it out for a new one....mounted correctly, we will have to watch you during the race...(pre-race inspections should catch any installation errors such as a bent flap or if the hole is too tiny... IF you have your own unit, we will have to watch and hand score you while you race... PLEASE NOTE: any units that do not work will be hand scored, hand scored drivers are obviously NOT going to be on the mylaps website.....

So...to sum it all up, this new idea will get the cars lined up while doing the transponder check.

After the driver's meeting, I will call for Group A to line up in the staging area by the track entrance, the flagger will stop you once you get there. Group B should be suiting up or already suited up and getting their cars started. THE CALL IS MADE FOR GROUP A. Group A heads on the track for the transponder check and line-up in the infield. GROUP B should be heading to the staging area while Group C is suiting up........etc.....

If, IF!!!, this goes according to plan, the cars should be on the track and lined up in less than 15 minutes........that is the plan. Any car that is not in their respected group when they are called will fall to the rear OR if they come on the track late will start in the same line of cars (inside, outside or middle) they were supposed to start in....but at the rear of the field of cars already present... If we have another day like at our lest event (high heat and a long hold up) we will be just calling cars out and starting the race as you hit the track....you don't want that....I DON'T WANT THAT!

That is all for now, hopefully, for this next event, things will all be rolling quite smoothly!

mcstockcar
06-08-2009, 09:11 PM
This sounds better than whats been happening during "staging". The problem last time, turns 3+4 were so slick we were all sliding down the banking into each other, no one could move. They need to put something around the giant hole that one of the drivers drove into on the infield. That had to be very embarrassing. Lining up in the infeild should work but once the cars enter the slick track the pace truck needs to keep moving at one speed allowing drivers to get into there assigned spots. If they stop on the banking there will be cars sliding down the track again.:)

critter
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
sounds good to me , u know im there behind bigdaddy when the gates open lol i like the new rule two thumbs up

mcstockcar
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
You get car runnin? Hope to see you on the track. I got a 94 caprice police car that would work well.

critter
06-08-2009, 09:50 PM
not out of the woods yet jack ,but ive been told ill be there , so we will see

richardpetey
06-08-2009, 10:15 PM
What happens when we get to group W.........................:confused:
Do we all have to get off the bench and use 8x10 glossy photos with the circles and arrows describing where our line-up spots were on the back..................:help:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
06-09-2009, 07:01 AM
:Petey.....forget about Group W....I can't wait to call for Group AF!!!! ....that would be about 100 cars right? :-B

DerbyN8-128
06-09-2009, 03:56 PM
Good...so drivers won't be arriving at the track during the driver's meeting and then going on to win the race anymore

critter
06-09-2009, 10:31 PM
just wondering if this is going to be a new rule , certain time to get there ,if your not there and signed up by a certain time u cant race, correct ? i think thats a good idea just my two cents

CJfilms
06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
It will BECOME a new rule...later this season. I want to give everyone plenty of time to know about it, see it put in place, then I will scribe it to paper!

That way, there is no excuse "I didn't know"...

But don't worry Critter....I haven't thought up a rule for early bird punishment except for headaches and hangovers!:applause::cheers::applause:

critter
06-10-2009, 08:32 PM
thx joe , but u know me and bigdaddy like to get ther early ,like to get ever one cranked up lol