PDA

View Full Version : Race video

rockinrick120
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Is there a video of the first 2 Grandview races? Is there going to be someone videotaping the race on the 21st?
Thanks,
Rick

Tracy57
06-11-2009, 06:52 AM
If memory serves me correctly, I don't think Gary Silveman was at either Grandview race so far. http://www.gspvideo.com is where you can see video highlights- the last enduro on there is from the Frostbite at Mountain.

I do know that the last race a family member/ friend of a racer was taping it but I don't know who.

Unsure if there is any video at Wall- I did take a few pictures there though.

Erin C
06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
There were schedule conflicts with Gary those 2 events because there were BD races that day.

NeetsSpectator
06-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Who's got a video camera that they are willing to part with?
I'll tape the enduro from the 3rd & 4th turn.

Putting a video camera in one of the cars would be really cool.

Volunteers Please!!

EnduroFromDE
06-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I had a cam in my car before but the battery no longer holds more then a 5 min charge, the battery is disconntinued as well, and cant afford another camera, I may be putting a box in there before the next race for a camera that I maybe able to use from a freind, I can not hook up to my computer nor uplaod it so I may tranfer it on to a cd and do it that way though... I had the idea of getting a live feed from a wireless cam to a computer in the pits and airing it live on the NEETS website, that too fell through due to lack of know-how. I can easly have another camera in my car if I get around to installing the box again.

Tracy57
06-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Does Anyone know if Gary will be at the next race?

NeetsSpectator
06-11-2009, 12:57 PM
i had a cam in my car before but the battery no longer holds more then a 5 min charge, the battery is disconntinued as well,

Whats the part # on the battery? I'll see if I have one.
If the battery isn't too old, I might be able to bring it back to life. Usually one of the cell gets an internal short. If I give it a quick zap of low voltage and high current, it may take a charge again.
If you are serious about putting the camera in your car, I can build you a battery pack that will work with it.

gary243
06-11-2009, 02:07 PM
If the schedules stay the same, I will be taping all of the remaining enduros at Grandview except for the one on Sept. 27th.

As Erin said, Big Diamond had major races on the same day as the first two NEETS enduros, and that's where I had to be.

Erin C
06-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Thanks Gary! :)

mcstockcar
06-11-2009, 08:18 PM
I mounted a camera in my drag car on a cushined mount and it still shook like crazy. Its tough on the camera somtimes it will shut down, dont forget mud+camera =junk!

EnduroFromDE
06-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Whats the part # on the battery? I'll see if I have one.

unsure, cant find it... the cam is an old samsung scl906 8mm cam
I've checked with best buys, radio shack, and even tigerdirect online, and no-one has it, even ebay...
mud+camera=junk--------not if your out front...lol

CJfilms
06-11-2009, 10:08 PM
I'll have to see what I can dig up....I'm sure I have an old 8mm camcorder somewhere that we can mount in-car!

Now the question is who? I know a lot of people would volunteer, but who should pick?

critter
06-11-2009, 10:46 PM
let erin pick , im up for it , critter cam lol , wait i have to make more then 8 laps lol :lol:

rockinrick120
06-11-2009, 10:52 PM
I won't have the in car camera for this race should for Wall though.
"goprocamera.com" Waiting for the new version that has SDHC memory. It can film for almost 2 hours with that,only 1 hour with regular SD memory.

EnduroFromDE
06-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Now the question is who? I know a lot of people would volunteer, but who should pick?

maybe a random pull from the hat pick at the fdrivers meetings. the box will have to be able to be removed from cars, maybe a roll bar mount of some sort, Im going to try to get a simple box built for a stationary cam in my car.

DerbyN8-128
06-12-2009, 03:52 PM
I have one specifically designed for in car action...just never finished buying the parts installed it in a car yet. It is a remote camera that is very small and you mount any where (like on the side of your helmet). It has a cord that runs to the actual video camera which you mount somewhere safe and out of the way.

mcstockcar
06-12-2009, 03:55 PM
someone has to mount one in the car when the women race. WARNING: you may get dizzy!:lol:

NJ Chick
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
Dizzy huh? Hmmm....seems to me if the camera were mounted in your car for your first race McStock, we all would have seen quite the view. Hey there's the track, oh look the guardrail, uh-oh...am I supposed to see the sky now?!:) See what happens when you drive eating a cheeseburger while talking on your cell phone?!:p

Erin C
06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
hey...that's mean! You'd be surprised at how well some of them do!

NeetsSpectator
06-12-2009, 05:27 PM
I think he likes that 4th turn guard rail.

Erin C
06-12-2009, 05:43 PM
lol...we still love ya McStock! You should have seen when I had a truck with a bad transmission, everyone made fun of me and painted on the gas pedal "push here" then they were suprised how well I did in the 4cyl!!! Its as much the car as it is the driver that helps you finish!

CJfilms
06-14-2009, 04:04 PM
Don't take it from them Jack...I'll be looking for you in victory lane this season!

critter
06-14-2009, 07:49 PM
good thing i didnt say anything mean boy oh boy me and the wall thx jack lol

mcstockcar
06-14-2009, 09:17 PM
OH boy! I stepped into that one!!! That dam gaurd rail gave me a uneasy feeling everytime I passed it for like 10 laps. Just when I thought I was over it there it was just like a magnet. Some day ill finish the 100 laps. No more strting on or near the pole! Ill be in the back please. Hey critter i got a car for you!

critter
06-14-2009, 09:22 PM
car for me ???? a week left , yes i can do it , im hopin my is fixed , but if u got something good lets talk