PDA

View Full Version : Salute to TCH

LiquidBread
06-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Another example of why I love the Mod family.

Open weekend in the Midwest looking for a local venue. Make plans to hit Toledo Friday night for the ISMA Supers and the AVSS Sprints. Not the Mods, but as close as you get in my neck of the woods. Post my intentions on TCH.

A fellow TCHer with similar plans notices, and through the forum, we agree to hook up and say hello. I end up meeting a great dude and put a face to a screen name.

We're in the Turn Four stands waiting on the sprint consi, shooting BS, trading stories, and the topic turns to other TCH members. No sooner did we agree that Shadow's posts were usually on the mark, than the track announcer recognizes the Shadow Candle Company sponsorship. The timing was scary, but definitely a nod to good karma.

Thanks Fastbackss for a great evening of open wheel racing and even better camaraderie.

fastbackss
06-13-2009, 09:59 AM
I agree. It was a great time, and made the perfect night for racing even better.

Although, I do have to admit, the timing of the Shadow thing was pretty eerie...

We also both agree that it would make a great venue for the Mods. The Supermods and sprints are ever so racy there.

Jaws
06-13-2009, 12:50 PM
I have made more friends through these web pages than I can count, It is pretty cool some times.