PDA

View Full Version : Just a question...

EnduroFromDE
06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
This is just a question Im throwing out there to all the Riverhead Enduro Drivers. Please dont get all negative about this.
When I drove for NEETS back at Mountain Speedway, there was alot of cars from up north that normally runs at RR. Now I dont see as many cars, and NO trucks coming down to Grandview to race with NEETS anymore. There were usally about 20 or so trucks and a few dozen cars too. Just curious on why this might be.:confused:

RGeeProductions
06-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Probably because Mountain/Sundance is asphalt and Grandview is dirt......
More prefer the asphalt...

EnduroFromDE
06-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Probably because Mountain/Sundance is asphalt and Grandview is dirt......
More prefer the asphalt...

Dirts for racing, Asphalts for getting to the track:angel:
but I guess your right, with RR simular to Mountain (pavement, size) the cars are already set up to run there

woot lawrence
06-14-2009, 11:20 PM
what is keeping you from coming to riverhead? :)

EnduroFromDE
06-14-2009, 11:34 PM
an 8 hr 400 miles round trip for starters:(, I will be going there at the end of the year to watch and to make sure my car will pass tech before I haul it up there. I live in delaware, Grandview is about half the distance away from me then RR. That alot of money to put out just to drive that far and fail inspection and not race, then have to drive all the way back...But there is a good chance that I will make a race or two there next year.

vsmidge68
06-15-2009, 06:10 AM
For us, it's mostly $$ thats keeping us from going. Plus the fact that it really takes up a whole weekend and I usually work on Sundays. We also sold all but 2 of our cars and they're only legal for the grands..Believe me, we miss the good times at Mountain and seeing all of our friends there and with NEETS. My boys are dying to get on dirt but it just isn't looking good for this year...

jimwhite
06-15-2009, 10:09 AM
I would to race neets again having been there from the start.There are not to many cars set up for dirt that is the main reason for the low car count from the island walls safty rules and fast FS have a lot to dowith the count also as for the trip about 10 cars from the island do run at sundance each enduroi i would love tocome up andplay on the dirt later this year:cheers:

ex04bb
06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
I used to run riverhead for years,now i live about 20 minutes south of albany if anyone is interested in running on the dirt theres about four tracks that run enduros up here.you could race just about every weekend (enduros) up here at different tracks ,the hauls about three hrs from li.i'd love to have some fellow long islanders come up and run.

tstiles
06-15-2009, 01:47 PM
i know one thing.... car counts GROW BIG FAST when the purse is big. I know times are tough but if promoters made it so the winner really profits from winning , cars would come out of the wood work TO COMPETE . and please dont misconstrue
my constructive critisium for negitivity. I LOVE NEETS . i also know that promotors base the purse on the amount of entrys in the race . hence not having to make any hollow promises prior to the event. , but if the purse was created from money raised from sponsers in the tracks local community in addition to the entry money, , it sure would change car counts for the better. ( guarenteed) ... I know it sounds like a HUGE deal, but thats just a frame of mind. the moral of this story is ... " IF YOU WANT CAR COUNTS TO GROW, PRESS THERE GREED BUTTON AND ADD TO THE PURSE " JMO

Erin C
06-16-2009, 08:02 AM
oh you are very correct terry, the only problem is with no sponsors and and no help from the back gate there is no way to increase our purse, but if you look at our payouts I think ours is pretty high compared to others I have seen.