PDA

View Full Version : Not Mod Related but some very sad news

mattphoto
06-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Carlo Pardo was killed in a crash in the NASCAR Mexico Series race yesterday. The race was called off and the officials went back to the last completed lap declaring Pardo the winner of the event. Carlo's brother Ruben was also running in that race. Carlo and Ruben ran in the NASCAR Camping World East Series for a couple of years.

broz
06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
My brother called me about this one this morning....
the video is horrifying and I want to know what kind of excuse organizers will find for this tragic loss?

if anyone chooses to watch the video, please share your opinion on the location of the "barrier" :disgusted

poor guy never had a chance

mattphoto
06-15-2009, 04:17 PM
I saw the video this am and I have never seen anything like it. I agree with broz very horrifying very scary to watch.

TJ1976
06-15-2009, 04:46 PM
He may have raced in a different series, but he was still a racer. My condolences to his family.

RichKeator
06-15-2009, 08:08 PM
I actually just found out about this before I went on the air with Danko's show tonight and I still can't believe it. It was absolute horrifying crash, and I dont think the angle of the shot in the videos can justify if that issue with the wall was a safety thing... so right now i think its just a very sad racing and freak accident.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved in that situation

LiquidBread
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Holy S**t. Does anyone remember Donnie Pratt? Trying hard to give the benefit of the doubt, but this just looks so wrong and so preventable. God rest his soul and comfort to his family and friends.

gomodsgo
06-16-2009, 07:39 AM
Did I read this right........................Whelen Modified Tour director Chad Little who also serves as Director of Racing Development, NASCAR Mexico.............. you mean to tell me that Nascar is so hard up to find help that they have to have Chad Little not only run a tour in the North East, but he's the head or racing development in MEXICO???????????????

Does that mean the WMT race director is only a part time gig? Maybe i should apply for it, I always thought it was full time. :help:

corey17
06-16-2009, 09:13 AM
Did I read this right........................Whelen Modified Tour director Chad Little who also serves as Director of Racing Development, NASCAR Mexico.............. you mean to tell me that Nascar is so hard up to find help that they have to have Chad Little not only run a tour in the North East, but he's the head or racing development in MEXICO???????????????

Does that mean the WMT race director is only a part time gig? Maybe i should apply for it, I always thought it was full time. :help:

If I'm not mistaken, Chad was part of the Mexico thing before he was in the mods.

Modifiedthunder
06-16-2009, 10:14 PM
My god that is a very terrible crash unbelievable what is left of the car it like someone exploded it, that's the worst "stock car" crash that I have ever seen!!

RIP Carlos

Steve in NC
06-17-2009, 09:30 AM
When it comes to racecars and drivers safety there are 2 things to consider: the difference in speed of the 2 colliding objects and the angle of attack.

Here we had a car traveling at ?? mph hitting a stationary object.... not good.

The car hit the concrete barriers at at least a 80+ degree angle.... not good.

then to add to it.... it seemed the car hit on the end of the barrier causing a shearing effect right at the midsection of the rollcage. Notice the jagged ends of the rollcage bars to where they were ripped apart. That unfortunetely sealed the deal to have the outcome that we have.

breaks in walls are not good in any way, shape, or form.

Back in 1999 there was a supermodified driver that almost lost his life because of a simple spin out of turn 4 at Jennerstown. Unfortunetely he hit right at the flaggers stand that had a 16-18" wide cut in the wall for people to pass through when crossing the track. But his car stuck right in that opening and proceeded to stop right there. The impact was so violent that his skull was compressed front to rear causing the area around his ear to expand nad broke his skull. He was never able to drive again due to the unique skull fractures.
Waltrip and Harmon can tell about gates that are located at a high impact area at the exit of a corner at Bristol. There are a lot of tracks around that if you look at the end of pit road wall or where the outside pit road enters the track that "IF" something happened right there, its not going to be good. Now is the time to look over these issues and change them, not after someone doesn't ride home with his family.

May this driver RIP!

Steve