PDA

View Full Version : Race track for sale

TJ1976
06-15-2009, 03:58 PM
I just happened to see this online. I just hope this track doesn't get turned into another shopping center

RACE TRACK FOR SALE

$1,975,000.00

CONTACT

Kirk Leone

Serious Inquiries Only

Click for Sales Brochure

Southern National Raceway Park has long enjoyed great fans, sponsors, competitors and most of all racing. Over the past few years there has been much change at the facility all with the intent of making the track, facilities and racing better. From new and remodeled facilities, updated operating systems to a new track surface and throughout that time one thing has always remained constant, the passion for good hard racing. Now Southern National Raceway Park is facing yet another major change – in the absence of a new investor/owner, the track will not be able to operate a 2009 race season.

Local Racers and their fans have voiced their support for the continued operation of the track along with many local, regional and national touring series. Since the announcement that the track would not reopen in 2009, under past or current ownership, many, many racers, fans and supporters have expressed a desire to see Southern National Raceway Park reopen. Unfortunately, because of the focus and attention I must pay to my core business and the desire to spend more time with my young children and wife, it is impossible for me to be able to provide the necessary time and commitment needed to make the track a success.

With that being said, in an effort to see that Southern National Raceway Park continues for not only the short term, but for many years to come, I have made an adjustment to the current offering. The tracks main parcel facility, approximately 90 acres, along with the facility operations is being offered at a reduced price of $1,975,000. This price is being offered to anyone that can purchase the facility and insure that it will open for local racing in 2009. This price is in line with current market offering and millions less than it would take to build a new facility of this caliber.

My goal is to find a buyer that would be willing to step in and provide a first class facility for the operation of the 2009 season. Interested parties can contact Kirk Leone at kirkleone@southernnational.net. Information about the facilities, location and demographics are available from the track’s website at www.southernnational.net.

Kirk Leone

RGeeProductions
06-15-2009, 04:05 PM
Place looks like Seekonk.
Track Specs (http://www.southernnational.net/Track_Specs.htm)
4/10ths mile and 3 wide all the way around.

CynthiaTork
06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Southern National is an awesome race track with HIGH banks. I love that place.

I saw quite a few ISMA shows there that were incredible. But the weekly racing was horrible. Every week they would time trial all the cars. Start heads up by time and run 100+ lap features. Weekly.

Any passing was done in the pits. BORING

corey17
06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
SNS is a great track, don't know where you saw boring racing at, it surely wasn't there, I've been covering races there for some time, almost all are very good. The track is not going to sell anytime soon, the owner wants a tad too much I think, and they have ran the reputation of the track into the ground. Last year, he let another guy run the place, and he made an absolute mockery out of it, didn't pay any of the drivers, and even wrote their blank checks out left at the sign-in gate for $500-$1300 more than they should have been. It would take a very well-known business man, or NASCAR driver to make it work now as a weekly track, the public is very keen on the bad things going on there the last few years, including the things Mr. Leone did himself. There will be a USAR Pro Cup race there this summer, and the "Thanksgiving Classic" will be back featuring the PASS super-late-models, so they still have races scheduled for this year.

Steve in NC
06-16-2009, 12:16 PM
It is a great track for racing. I saw all of the ISMA shows there and the WSMT races. great stuff. The end of season battle between Tim Brown and Junior Miller in 2007?? will probably go down as an all time classic battle.

The USCS Sprints always put on a great show there also for the number of cars they fielded. But I have to agree on the local weekly divisons... nothing to write home about overall. Yes there were good races here and there for weekly and special shows but overall.... typical 2 laps of TT and long boring follow the leader. But that is more of a prodcue of late model racing in general than the track itself. But for the street stock and 4 cylinder classes..... zzzzzzzz zzzzzzzz

As for the financial situation...... even our Vintage Club was screwed over big time by them and we lost several hundred dollars and the payout also suddenly changed after the race was completed. Those several hundred dollars really hurt our club but they didn't even bat an eye or lift a hand to try and work anything out. They simply went into ignore mode and kept pointing the finger to someone else to "talk" to. And that was the end of that. To bad because that track is only 45 min away from me and located jsut off from I95 for easy access for traveling teams.

To bad because that track has a brand new surface on it (2yrs old??) and a great drivers track if it was managed correctly. At 2 mil for an asking price, I don't know how anyone could carry that much overhead and make a weekly track run weekly shows.

Steve

Jaws
06-16-2009, 06:53 PM
$2,000,000.00 Thats a price only a very rich man could afford. You would never pay that off with short track Sat night racing.

CynthiaTork
06-16-2009, 07:31 PM
If they'll throw in Bubba's Place, I'll see about the financing :cheers:

corey17
06-24-2009, 05:54 PM
Well, the USAR Procup race that was supposed to be there in a few weeks has been canceled now and moved to Langley Speedway in VA. looks like the "same ole' same ole'" once again.