PDA

View Full Version : $3,200

M T Pockets
06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Yup, $3,200 to win at Spencer! Two 15 lap heat races and a 125 lap feature.
:mad: No need to go on and on but it might be time to move on.

M T Pockets

bud
06-15-2009, 09:04 PM
wow....
lets see.
thompson
20 buck tickets
TVMS regulars
3+ whelen tour regulars
packed house as long as the weather is good
maybe stafford should have seen the light last yr when they had a chance!

The problem is not the tour itself it's what NASCAR SEEKS FOR MONEY FROM THE TRACKS THAT HOST THEM.

IF WHAT I SAW FOR FANS IN THE STANDS AT MICHIGAN IS ANY INDICATION OF WHAT LIES AHEAD FOR THE CUP SERIES AND WITH THE BIG 3 PULLING SUPPORT FORM THE TRUCKS AND CAMPING WORLD SERIES NASCAR HAS WAY BIGGER PROBLEMS COMING THAN THE MOD TOUR..........AND GOOD FOR THEM! MAYBE THEY WILL START TREATING THE PEOPLE THAT PUT THE SHOW ON AND THE FANS BETTER. FUNNY THEY COULDN'T MAKE MONEY SELLING THE 65 DOLLAR TICKETS.......NOW THEY ARE HAPPY TO LET YOU HAVE THEM FOR 35....LOL. 40 BUCKS FOR A MONTOYA TEE LAST YR.......COME ON. I WAS SO UPSET WHEN LOUDEN GOT SOLD BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? BOB IS A VERY VERY SMART MAN!!!!!!!!!

uticamike
06-15-2009, 09:53 PM
For those willing to travel to Spencer,if you can go a day earlier, WCIS (Perry)
has an ROC Tour show on Friday the day before. The ROC races there are usually very good ones and this little track puts on a good show. Worth the trip I think. As to the WMT owners, Gary what would happen if a bunch of you guys deceided to support the ROC 200 at Oswego this September? I mean if 10 or 12 teams showed up there Daytona might start to get the point.
Having those Modified greats from NE back in the 200 would really be great too. The pleas and crying ain't working, might be time to look elsewhere as you say. For my own selfish reasons I'd love to see someone named Flemke racing at Oswego.

M T Pockets
06-16-2009, 12:04 AM
For those willing to travel to Spencer,if you can go a day earlier, WCIS (Perry)
has an ROC Tour show on Friday the day before. The ROC races there are usually very good ones and this little track puts on a good show. Worth the trip I think. As to the WMT owners, Gary what would happen if a bunch of you guys deceided to support the ROC 200 at Oswego this September? I mean if 10 or 12 teams showed up there Daytona might start to get the point.
Having those Modified greats from NE back in the 200 would really be great too. The pleas and crying ain't working, might be time to look elsewhere as you say. For my own selfish reasons I'd love to see someone named Flemke racing at Oswego.

I've been trying since the first so called "Flash" race. Now they say we don't have flash races so I call them "Reduced Purse Races". In the past the only people that were willing to stand with me was Hershey's (Sr.) car owners and Jammie's former car owner and neither of them are around anymore. I have recently spoke with the Kehley's and this is one of the major reasons they retired from the Tour and have no desire to return. Car owners rather solicite you to dress properly than support each other on the major issues. This being one of them. In the past I know for a fact that drivers that drive in other series races were chastized for it. A prime example of it recently was the restart issue at the drivers meeting. Only a very few backed Edward and Mike up. The rest of the owners and drivers seam to be running for the "Most Popular" or someother title. Some of them will agree with you one on one but when it's time for roll call your standing by yourself.

It should also be pointed out that Spencer will start four less cars this year (28) where as last year it was 32 and the total purse is roughly $5000 less this year. So as long as us idiots keep going, the track owners will continue to cry poor mouth that they can't afford the purse and our pimps will sell us short and tell us they are doing us a favor. In 1997 I raced at Riverside a 50 lap race which was 12 1/2 mi for $1200 to win with a tire cost of $550. Now here we race 62 1/2 miles for $3200 to win and a tire cost of about $1600. and forget the travel etc.

Sandra
06-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Gary,

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remimber Twin State having the first flash race in 07. You passed out paper work at Stafford to get owners to boycott the race. At Twin State our car (79) Ralph Solom (0) and Hirschman's (48) were the only cars to sit out that race. We received a call from the track and your hauler was the first in line to go into the track that day. As for Nascar it is the best deal we have got. I agree with Bob and the idea that we should look more professional at the track. I just wish we were paid more to help to pay for some of these expenses. We (79) travel farther and have more expense than any of the other teams, yet we try to support all the races, tracks and Nascar. When it is all said and done I feel it is the best deal we have got.

MJProcko
06-16-2009, 01:01 PM
Good to posts from both Gary and Sandra, car owners with a vested interest the goings on in the modified world. You really get an insight into the things that drive their efforts and the passion both have for the sport. I always enjoy posters like Bud, Uticamike and others, I like that I get a chance to voice my opinions (even when wrong) and while the fan is important it’s posts by those directly involved in the sport that I really enjoy.

Gary’s original headline of the post, “$3,200” says it all. Now how that small purse that’s roughly $1,200 more than what the TVMS pays makes a case for the TVMS as in Bud’s post I get lost on. There are more valid arguments Bud, and others have made in the past but I’d avoid any that refer to comparing the purses of the 2 series. I say roughly because the TVMS never posts the payouts with the results, they never even post the purses on their own website. Anyone know what they pay? If cost is a factor it pays $1,400 to win at Thompson and Stafford in SK’s, makes more sense than to travel in any series cost wise. I believe Gary is right to vent regarding Nascar, what they are doing to the Modifieds is down right shameful, unfortunately the current state of the Nascar house as a whole puts the modifieds not even on par with cleaning the gutters.

The only way the Mods get back on the upside of Nascar is for a sponsor who loves them so much and is big enough that they take over sponsorship of the dying truck or GN series as well. Using that leverage to tell Nascar to cut the sanction fee in half; increase the purses for both tours through dual sponsorships with the modifieds and the bigger series, not on the backs of the tracks, owners and fans; put them on the card with the trucks at places like Dover and Richmond; and put modified people in charge of the modifieds with as little imput from Daytona as possible. Will it happen? Yea it’s a dream alright but it’s a blueprint for success.

Do I think Nascar is leaving the modifieds wanting… you bet, but for the majority of the big time teams that comprise the WMT Sandra is correct, “When it is all said and done I feel it is the best deal we have got. “

MJProcko
06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
The only way the Mods get back on the upside of Nascar is for a sponsor who loves them so much and is big enough that they take over sponsorship of the dying truck or GN series as well. Using that leverage to tell Nascar to cut the sanction fee in half; increase the purses for both tours through dual sponsorships with the modifieds and the bigger series, not on the backs of the tracks, owners and fans; put them on the card with the trucks at places like Dover and Richmond; and put modified people in charge of the modifieds with as little imput from Daytona as possible. Will it happen? Yea it’s a dream alright but it’s a blueprint for success. “

I know there are rumours of Nascar trying to get Whelen to fill this role but are they a big enough corporation to handle that and the mods and bring along the change I spoke of? We know they posses the love for the sport and for that we are all greatful, thats why I feel that every slap at the modifieds from Daytona is a slap at them too.

MOD11RACER
06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
Well said, Sandra.

It's really good to here from WMT car owners who love Modified racing and are willing to share there views with us. Thank You.

M T Pockets
06-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Gary,

Correct me if I am wrong but I seem to remimber Twin State having the first flash race in 07. You passed out paper work at Stafford to get owners to boycott the race. At Twin State our car (79) Ralph Solom (0) and Hirschman's (48) were the only cars to sit out that race. We received a call from the track and your hauler was the first in line to go into the track that day. As for Nascar it is the best deal we have got. I agree with Bob and the idea that we should look more professional at the track. I just wish we were paid more to help to pay for some of these expenses. We (79) travel farther and have more expense than any of the other teams, yet we try to support all the races, tracks and Nascar. When it is all said and done I feel it is the best deal we have got.

Sandra:

Put the flame out! Yes I passed out a letter out to the owners at Stafford back in 07 prior to the Flash race at Wall. This was only the third race of the season. Twin States was deeper into the schedule. We were in and out of the top ten in points and we wanted to keep Edwards consecutive race count going so we did go to Twin States. Ralph was their with Danny. I'm not sure but I seam to recall Chucks standing may have had something to do with your decission but that your business. So how many of these reduced purse races have been shoved down out throats because the owners don't stick together. The only time they will is when it directly involves them and then they solicite others.

As far as Bob, I didn't say I didn't agree with him because I do. What I meant to imply was there are more importent issues to band together support for.

As you say. "this is the best we have" it won't get better because we won't stand together so the time will come when the silent ones will say "we should have" and God willing I'll be in my rocker telling my grandchildren "I tried to tell them". So as you say, and I agree, you have the most travel expenses to race on the WMT and as long as you don't complain I'll compliment you for your effort and vote for what ever NASCAR office you run for!:lol::cheers:

limodmaniac
06-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Do True Value races pay 2000 to win? And something like 425 to start? I'm guessing that Thompson's race may pay more and I think the race at Lee will be paying 2500 to win because of extra sponsors.

I'd love to see the winner win more at Riverhead when the tour race comes there, and I'm even willing to come up with that money if I only knew who to contact, and make sure the money ends up in the drivers pocket and not some one elses.

holleratme
06-16-2009, 07:05 PM
I've been trying since the first so called "Flash" race. Now they say we don't have flash races so I call them "Reduced Purse Races". In the past the only people that were willing to stand with me was Hershey's (Sr.) car owners and Jammie's former car owner and neither of them are around anymore. I have recently spoke with the Kehley's and this is one of the major reasons they retired from the Tour and have no desire to return. Car owners rather solicite you to dress properly than support each other on the major issues. This being one of them. In the past I know for a fact that drivers that drive in other series races were chastized for it. A prime example of it recently was the restart issue at the drivers meeting. Only a very few backed Edward and Mike up. The rest of the owners and drivers seam to be running for the "Most Popular" or someother title. Some of them will agree with you one on one but when it's time for roll call your standing by yourself.

It should also be pointed out that Spencer will start four less cars this year (28) where as last year it was 32 and the total purse is roughly $5000 less this year. So as long as us idiots keep going, the track owners will continue to cry poor mouth that they can't afford the purse and our pimps will sell us short and tell us they are doing us a favor. In 1997 I raced at Riverside a 50 lap race which was 12 1/2 mi for $1200 to win with a tire cost of $550. Now here we race 62 1/2 miles for $3200 to win and a tire cost of about $1600. and forget the travel etc.

I am still around Gary. I was PROMOTED to Tire Man on Jamie's Team I got the better deal:applause:

MOD11RACER
06-18-2009, 03:10 PM
The 2008 race at Spencer payed (Posted) $3,000 to win. $200 increase, better than a decrease.

Limodmaniac: for 2009 the TVMRS is paying $2,000 to win and I think $450 to start, but in 2008 the starting field was 26 cars and in 2009 the starting field is 24 cars. Lee is $2,500 to win and $500 to start. Thompson $3,000 to win ? to start and Thompson will probably start 30 or more cars. Thompson is more than likely to start everyone who shows up.

The TVMRS and the ROC Tours should post the payouts on there websites. They are both legitimate Modified Racing Tours and you have to wonder why the payouts are not posted.

Gil
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
The TVMRS and the ROC Tours should post the payouts on there websites. They are both legitimate Modified Racing Tours and you have to wonder why the payouts are not posted.

Have you asked the operators of these tours this question? I am sure that is were the answer is.

BigMac
06-18-2009, 08:12 PM
I'm a little confused. Last June, Thompson ran a 75 lap tour race for short money and got killed for it here on the forum. This year, Thompson runs a 75 lap TVMS race for even less money (total purse) than the short money tour race last year and its considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. What gives?

worm
06-18-2009, 08:48 PM
so these guys race without the purse being posted,i hope someone knows

bud
06-18-2009, 09:27 PM
well when Ted wins the rescheduled event ask him what he won......then ask blewett what he got for second and seffy for third.........lol.

My whole comparison with TVMRS and WMT is that it is pretty obvious that nascar is taking a very big cut for themselves! Thats why tracks right up front can't afford to host them. I know you can't afford to run for peanuts but some of the equipment you guys run and the expenses you have made for yourselves you can't run at Twin State and make any money as racers we are our own worst enemy. Well news flash the mods are awesome on those type tracks! That is where the fan base is........you wanna run richmond and all these othere places thats fine but thats not where you are going to be on a 20 race schedule no you will be at Waterford, Monadnock, Claremont, Riverhead and so on........ I'm pertty sure you will see the truck series head backward in leaps and bounds now without the factory support. And NASCAR Might be the best deal in town but it will be nice to see them humbled by the whole resession thing!

MJProcko
06-18-2009, 09:32 PM
I'm a little confused. Last June, Thompson ran a 75 lap tour race for short money and got killed for it here on the forum. This year, Thompson runs a 75 lap TVMS race for even less money (total purse) than the short money tour race last year and its considered the greatest thing since sliced bread. What gives?

I think the majority of folks don't think it's a such a great idea at all. I don't care much about replacing a flash race with a TV race since the race it's replacing isn't a real WMT race anyways. The damage was allready done last year by replacing a WMT with a flash race race. The second mistake they made was dropping this date when there hasn't been a race in weeks instead of the August date in the middle of a 5 race run in 6 weeks, 6 days after Stafford and the week before the biggest race in years, Bristol. Not to bright.

bud
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
The problem is the majority of tracks cant afford the wmt anymore. I love the series but lets see.....I get to go see pretty much the same race for almost half the money with TV. now I will go to louden and pay 30-35 bucks because
of what the track has to offer. 2 races although we left after the mod race last yr the cabs are way boring. I'm sorry though its hard to justify 35 at stafford or 40-45 at thompson. I love the wmt but it is kinda killing itself......out pricing the tracks it can run onand not enough draw for nascar to run on a higher plain. Maybe casy and ryan will help draw more interest.
maybe with the truck series on the hurt with a lack of money coming in they will piggy back the mods with the trucks at some of the smaller tracks to give the fans a greater value?
Last fall at the fall final.......awesome weekend and worth the 35 btw. but a stand alone mod with the weekly warriors......no not worth the big bucks
another thing to think about too........the TVMRS regulars were used to running 35 laps for about 1,000 to win with 700 second and 500 for third at the weekly track they used to run at so the purse they get is not too bad when you look at it form that point of view.

worm
06-20-2009, 02:46 PM
truck race today 533,000 purse, with a short field,with 6-7 start and park teams. what gives?

jandj
06-21-2009, 10:20 AM
The same as it ever was...NASCAR has three divisions it cares about.
Everyone else is on their own.

BigMac
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
The trucks have a TV contract. That's why they have the $$$$.