PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain, go away...

CJfilms
06-20-2009, 01:50 PM
If you are not aware, it has been raining quite consistently for the past x-days now....IF you are not aware of this, I wish I could be with you where ever you are!

There is a good chance the storms today will pass shortly and then some sun may come out. If the track dries up enough, we should be able to get our show off. If the rain continues to come down at the rate it has been, we will most likely have to cancel. The track is fairly water bogged right now, but it will soak/dry up enough if the storms pass.

I will be in touch with Bruce Rogers, Grandview Speedway Promoter, around 5/6 PM tonight to see if the storms have cleared up enough to allow the track to dry. Worst case scenario, if we have to make a late call for the event tomorow morning, it will be around 8:30 AM.

I will post up here later tonight if I have more details that the event is either a go or not...

I will be making calls if the event is cancelled as soon as I know. I will be calling certain people whom I know can pass the message along the quickest, that way I won't be making 60 2-3 minute phone calls!

So, certain people like Critter, Sac-Man, Bob Kulik, Dr. Destruction and so forth will be the first ones called since I know they can call a few other drivers to give them a heads up!

IF you read this, please send me an email with JUST NAME AND PHONE # and I will call you to let you know if we rain out.

In the case of a rain out, the next race will be the "Granduro 2" on July 26th as scheduled. I will see about making this into a double points race and possibly double laps and so forth...

Please stay tuned for further updates as the day progresses....and do the ANTI-rain dance!!!!

tbirdracer
06-20-2009, 02:00 PM
i will do it for you. but if it works i get free enter next race :lol:

dirtmodfan
06-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Is it raining? :cheers:

critter
06-20-2009, 05:12 PM
man i hope we race , i just spent a whole lot of shop time gettin this thing ready , doin a little sundance :cool:

dirtmodfan
06-20-2009, 06:39 PM
Good luck to everyone. My motor is junk. Trying to get yard motor in. :mad:

richardpetey
06-20-2009, 08:39 PM
Hey Shon, I'm glad I'm not the only one, hehe....................:help:
I'm burning up a motor every two dirt races...................:eek:
Just proves.....theres something dirty going around.................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

DerbyN8-128
06-20-2009, 08:40 PM
It just rained hard AGAIN here at 8 tonight...we can literally see the track from our garage so I am sure it was raining there too. It has slowed significantly now though...but no more sun today :lol:

CJfilms
06-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Well Nate, why don't you go take a look at the track for everyone? I bet you would make a BOAT LOAD of people happy to hear what the track is like right now......even if it is bad news it is still news!

Hey you might even run into a few people camping out in the parking lot tonight...

critter
06-20-2009, 10:18 PM
im not far from nate , party at nates till the gates open :cheers:

DerbyN8-128
06-20-2009, 10:22 PM
The track is on a hill, we are on the hill across route 100 from the track, from here, looks dark :lol:

Good news is it isn't raining right now...and it is a little bit breezy

Bad news is it just stopped drizzling a little while ago