PDA

View Full Version : Wet day....nothing new though...

CJfilms
06-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Just to bring everyone up to speed for now, I have spoken with Bruce several times today regarding the condition of the track....it is quite water-logged, but he said it is still too early to throw in the towel...

We're going to have to wait out the storm and see what it is like in the AM....

I think we are going to have a very interesting first couple of laps tomorrow!

Although no one may want it...as with every race I will have bottled water in a cooler in the registration booth if anyone overheats themselves...

EnduroFromDE
06-20-2009, 09:48 PM
according to weather.com its mostly 30% all day so it getting better, this morning it said it was 60% for Sunday, Lets just hope it holds out...I cant wait another month to go racing again...:disgusted

critter
06-20-2009, 10:16 PM
boogty boogty bootgy lets go racin boys :applause:

DerbyN8-128
06-20-2009, 10:24 PM
hmmm...better switch to the studded snow tires for the race

:lol:

EnduroFromDE
06-21-2009, 06:40 AM
so whats the newest of news ...

CJfilms
06-21-2009, 06:47 AM
Newest of news.....Nate will be installing studded snow tires and possibly pontoons for this event!

Hey.......maybe we can get him to install a big enough wing and see if we can get him some air-time! ...no no no! That would be all wrong!

We'd have to calculate somehwere to land the car:p

mcstockcar
06-21-2009, 08:06 AM
Are we still on for today??? Its a long ride for me.

DerbyN8-128
06-21-2009, 08:24 AM
there is an update thread about the weather...Joe says the next update will be 830ish so any time now I guess...

In case anyone is interested, we are getting some heavier cloud cover moving in and the skies are looking a little dark.
That's the current report from about 2 miles NORTH of the track.

Although it's pretty windy...which is good for track drying!

RICK16RACIN
06-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Just talked to Joe and he said" head to the track "!!!!! the track is good:applause:

Erin C
06-21-2009, 10:22 PM
hey.......maybe we can get him to install a big enough wing and see if we can get him some air-time! ...no no no! That would be all wrong!

you jinxed him!!!!

DerbyN8-128
06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Newest of news.....Nate will be installing studded snow tires and possibly pontoons for this event!

Hey.......maybe we can get him to install a big enough wing and see if we can get him some air-time! ...no no no! That would be all wrong!

Well I found a place to land...back on my wheels in turn one facing the infield.

I'd say the landing was a little rough though.:disgusted

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 06:25 AM
I hope this post doesn't backfire again......

Maybe next time we can work on a smoother landing so you can keep racing?

DerbyN8-128
06-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Guess those pontoons I spoke of would have really came in handy :lol:

mcstockcar
06-22-2009, 11:01 PM
Less water truck... more race. That was insane for the first 10 or so laps. I think the whole staging of the cars in the infeild went quite well. Nice job Joe!! Finally went the full race without incident, well almost.:lol: I need a front bumper!!!:)

NeetsSpectator
06-23-2009, 08:53 PM
Less water truck... more race. That was insane for the first 10 or so laps.
How about more gas pedal! You started about 6th? and you did manage to work your way through the field.
But you were going the wrong way!
At about lap 3 the leader was on your back bumper.
After the track was a little drier, you were much faster.
I assume that your car wasn't handling very good at the start.
I did notice that your car was sitting a little lower than some of the faster cars.
That would explain why your exhaust system was getting beat up and ready to fall off.
Maybe a new set of stock springs and shocks might help out.
Just trying to help you out by letting you know how I see it.
Was your bumper fixable?

spier racing 93
06-23-2009, 09:27 PM
How about more gas pedal! You started about 6th? and you did manage to work your way through the field.
But you were going the wrong way!
At about lap 3 the leader was on your back bumper.

jeez i would hate to hear what you have to say about me using too much throttle and hitting the wall every lap :lol:

mcstockcar
06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
I dont like sliding around nor do i like someone else sliding into me. Last thing i want is to wreck the car in the first few laps because of too much water. I take it easy untill the track starts working. I let every thing happen way ahead of me. Then when the track comes around ill race hard. The car handles even with a bent frame. It may not be fast but it gets the job done. I appriciate everyones coments and tips that i recieve. I am still a rookie." Learn by doing" Ill be looking for a new car for next year. Ill be back.