PDA

View Full Version : Premature Promoter

NeetsSpectator
06-21-2009, 10:47 PM
This is the second time this year that I have arrived at a Neets racing event to find out that the racing has already begun. (Wall & Grandview)
If you advertise a time when the event begins, then that is when it should start. not 10 minutes early.
I arrived at the track at 2:15 and was one of 6 people in line to buy tickets when the announcer says "Green Flag".
WTF!
I understand that there can be delays in getting a race started on time.
But starting it early, That's a good way to loose fans.

W. J.
06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Hmm...if one waits until 'THE LAST MINUTE' to arrive, sometimes circumstances (standing in line) makes them late. Perhaps planning to arrive a bit early, say by 5 minutes or so, would solve the problem.
Then there is the weather consideration.....

NeetsSpectator
06-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Hmm...if one waits until 'THE LAST MINUTE' to arrive, sometimes circumstances (standing in line) makes them late. Perhaps planning to arrive a bit early, say by 5 minutes or so, would solve the problem.
Then there is the weather consideration.....

I arrived a 2:15. That is not late. It's plenty of time for the scheduled 2:30 race.
5 minutes or so would have made it 2:25.

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Daave, you have a VERY legitimate complaint about this and I do apologize for this past event at Grandview Speedway....

The event at Wall, we were told 7PM start time, we knew nothing regarding the Legends race or when they would start....once they finished, they wanted our show to start in a timely manner.........we couldn't wait it out until 7 exactly...

Now....the question is....why did we start early?

1. With all the rain we have had, we wanted to get the cars on the track and lined up as soon as we could in the case the track was a mud bog......which it turned out to be quite opposite! We had the cars lined up and ready to pace at 2:15, I was watching my phone (which I can't say is perfectly accurate....but...) I tried to get our pace truck to pace thei field as long as possible, but if we held the cars or let the roll around for 15 minutes, the complaints we would be hearing would be about motors blowing, overheating, and blame that we don't know what we are doing. Truth be told, we were so on top of our game that we were early!

I do apologize Dave, please send me an email regarding the next event...

As for early starts/late arrivals.......2:20 is a tad early and 2:15 is really not a late arrival.

As for calling me premature....geez, you got me worried, I thought you saw me doing something I shouldn't have been doing!!! ....like poking Matt with the flags during the Ladies Race!!!!

greenflag
06-22-2009, 06:25 AM
I would rather see a show start 15 minutes early than 15 minutes late. And I usually get there right at start time. It wouldnt have bothered me. JMO

EPAEnduros.Com
06-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Actually am I incorrect, but wasn't it posted on here about moving up the start time to 2pm? This is the reason I was unable to attend this month's activities. EPA Enduros readers also were informed about a 2pm start time as well so if you believe this message board, or my site you guys were 15 minutes late :):):wave::applause::rolleyes::cool::D

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I will have to look into where it was posted that the show would be bumped.....as for us trying to get an early jump, YES I did post that recently.... I wanted to get the cars on the track and pacing if the track was extra muddy from all the rain.

But in fact, once we got everyone out there, we realized the track was perfect, not too wet, not too dry! Having the field pace around for 15 minutes would have been boring to the fans and people would have been on here complaining about why we played around for 15 minutes.

....bottom line is, we started early. It was a miscalculation on our behalf that was kind of in favor of things running smoothly. I made a bad call here. I will be the one to admit we started early without a previous announcement. The other side of this was to have everyone pace around for 15 minutes or so and my belief (hence the decision I made to start early) was that I would rather see the cars out there and moving 10 minutes early than give the track the chance to dry up and become a dust bowl for the fans.

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Jimmy I found it!!

"My goal is to get things moving a half hour early, try and have all the registration stuff and line-ups posted around 1/1:15 and drivers meeting then as well so we can get the cars on the track, and if need be it, let them cruise around and possible dry things up a bit...so the 2:30 start time will be a 2:30 start and not a 2:00 muddy line-up - 3:30 start...."

I did say it! I wanted the cars on the track and ready for a 2:30 start....the drivers did their part and were on the track, transponder checked and lined up before 2:30.....the new strategy worked perfectly! But I still made the bad call to start the race at 2:20.

And I did post to get things moving a half hour early....but I still aimed for a 2:30 start time.... I shot high-I hit low....:applause:

BIGDADDY64
06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
How does a person show up at 2:15 and expect to get thru paying the pit gate, unload their car, go thru inspection, and register their can in 15 minutes. Seems to me this does not mathmatically add up. I dont think this is neets fault but bad planning on all drivers who couldnt get there earlier

EnduroFromDE
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
BIGDADDY I think this was a Spectator as per his user name (NeetsSpectator) but even so there was atleast 10 cars that came through while Drivers meeting was going on...:disgusted

BIGDADDY64
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
my bad sorry