PDA

View Full Version : Small Car Finish

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 10:45 AM
As you may already know....there was an issue in the post-race tech inspection regarding the #5 of Dave Bentley Jr. Our officials discovered a set of headers installed.

Two issues came up.....

1. Many drivers started arguing our rules state there are no headers allowed.
2. Did the car come with a stock "header"?

Due to this issue, no positions would be paid out and no drivers would receive a trophy until the issue was cleared up and put to bed.

The answers:

1. Show me where our rules state "no headers".
It has always been a NEETS rule that headers are not allowed, our tech officials have always told drivers to replace stock headers with an exhaust manifold. BUT. For whatever reason, it is not written in our rules. IT IS A RULE HOWEVER AND THE RULES WILL BE CORRECTED ON THE SITE IMMEDIATELY!!!

2. I have positive proof that the car Dave is racing DOES come with a stock header. I will post up some scans I have STRIAGHT FROM SATURN PARTS BOOKS that prove the part is stock for this car.

Outcome:

1. The rules will be altered to read correctly regarding headers. NO headers are allowed. If a car came stock with headers, they must be replaced with a stock cast iron exhaust manifold. If there is not a cast iron replacement, then and ONLY then will the car be permitted to run with headers.

2. Dave will keep his position, the top five cars will hold their spots. Dave's headers have been confiscated by the series and he will not be permitted to run them again.

The results and the scans I have will be posted soon....

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Sorry, you posted written rules and you should abide by them. If you want to make certain cars have changes to even the competition that is ok because you have that covered in the rules...
Read the Rules...

Erin C
06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
the rules state "All rules are geared towards even competition in the spirit of enduro racing. Anything not covered in the above rules may not be legal and should not be assumed legal. If there is something in question, please ask our tech man prior to racing whether it is acceptable or not. Do not assume it will be legal only to find out otherwise in the tech area. We are here to have fun and do not want to see anyone be disqualified."

There are tracks everywhere that amend their rules during the season for clarification on a "gray area" or for an item that may have been missed but brought to their attention during a post race inspection. Why should we be any different? This would be like the issue with exhaust exiting behind the driver, not written in the rules (yet) but expected.

If announced in a timely fashion I feel this is better than finding out the day before or even worse the day of the event.

Also in the rules:
"Note: NEETS Racing technical official reserves the right to make changes to any rules without notice. If there are certain areas that require more attention than others, rules will be created/altered accordingly. As a NEETS Racing driver, it is your responsibility to know and understand there rules set forth. We will do all that we can to help you along the way to becoming a better driver, but we can not set-up your vehicle for you.

Remember...The NEETS events are intended to be fun, family and charity oriented. Please leave any attitudes at home and come and have a good time"

This is PLENTY of notice..and it is a very good thing we try and stay in as much contact with our drivers as humanly possible thus we are able to communicate any changes...there are tracks everywhere that just change it in the rulebook and EXPECT people to just check the rules regularly.

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Engine and Transmission:
1. All components must be completely stock for vehicle year, make and model.
2. Only stock carbureted or factory fuel injected.
3. No after market parts allowed.
4. No aluminum pulleys allowed.
5. A stock air filter must be used.
A. Holes can be drilled into air-box for improved air intake.
i. Limit the number of holes being drilled, air-box should not look like a strainer.
ii. Air-boxes with too many holes will not be approved for racing and therefore
be subject to either disqualification or replacement prior to next event.
6. Engine must pull 17" of vacuum at 1,000 RPM by NEETS Racing equipment.
7. Transmissions should be stock automatic or standard.
A. Stock torque converter must be used on all automatic transmissions.
A. Stock clutch must be used on all standard transmissions.
C. Must have all gears including reverse.

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 12:05 PM
No argument here...No Attitude...Just my opinion that I don't like mid season rule changes.

If there are certain areas that require more attention than others, rules will be created/altered accordingly. As a NEETS Racing driver, it is your responsibility to know and understand there rules set forth. We will do all that we can to help you along the way to becoming a better driver, but we can not set-up your vehicle for you.

Remember...The NEETS events are intended to be fun, family and charity oriented. Please leave any attitudes at home and come and have a good time"

This is PLENTY of notice..and it is a very good thing we try and stay in as much contact with our drivers as humanly possible thus we are able to communicate any changes...there are tracks everywhere that just change it in the rulebook and EXPECT people to just check the rules regularly.

Erin C
06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
I didn't say it wasn't stock but correct me if I am wrong, isn't this amendment to even the field, though?

Isn't the benefit of a tubular exhaust shaving up to a full second off acceleration time and improve the engine's ability to breathe? This becomes a performance factor because there are a lot of starts and stops doging dead cars or lapped traffic and red flags during the race.

I don't see how it would be an "even field" if some cars ran it but others didn't.

I don't mean to be defensive about it and I understand that no one likes mid season changes but it happens.

RICK16RACIN
06-23-2009, 12:15 PM
ok lets stop this , Joe has already explianed, enough said!! The rule has never changed so it`s not a mid season rule change!! If you are running a car with a tubular header and there is a cast iron exhaust manifold avalible put it on!!!! easy right??

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 12:19 PM
To really keep the field equal you would need all the same cars prepped the same way; some cars are heavier, some handle better, as well as engine horsepower. Driver skill is also huge. Lap times are the real indicator.

RICK16RACIN
06-23-2009, 12:26 PM
NASCAR??? not AHHH!! But you have a choice of cars to run some drive Saturns some Drive Cavileirs, So if see that Saturns are /or seem to be kicking a** Then you go get one. But really if you have a big foot and big kahunas thats what it`s all about!!!!!!:applause: lets all have funnnnnnn!!!!!!

richardpetey
06-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Come on peeps........Lets not get all lapdancey on me..................:angel:
Thank God ya can't tech the driver...............:eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CJfilms
06-23-2009, 09:58 PM
Petey....I'm giving Josh a rubber glove for the next race........just for you!

Sac-man I agree with you, I don't like mid-season rule changes....of any sort....

But, the header rule was always in place. Josh always told drivers that headers were not allowed. That rule USED to be in our rulebooks......I take the blame for that. I must have overwritten it in the HTML when I re-did the website. I am not adding in new rules, just entering it into the table code this time.....

The header rule will however be clarified so there are no questions about what is stock and what to do....