PDA

View Full Version : Next race....it's going down!

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 11:01 AM
The next event is slated for July 26th....plenty of time!

As you may have noticed a few tech issues arise the past events...you will quickly see them go away.

The next race is the half-way point through the season. There will be no slack given, there will be no "fix it next race" leniency. We have raced 3 races this season and everyone should be familiar with the rules by now.

I am highly recommending each and every driver to print out a set of rules straight off the NEETS site and keep a copy for yourself. IF our tech officials find anyone to have an illegal part, there will be no negotiation...DQ.

If you are building a new car, build your car right from the begining OR go over it with the rule book in hand....make sure your car is legal in all aspects....

Ignorance is not an excuse... I bought the car like that does not mean it is stock. I never checked it does not mean it is ok for now. You didn't say anything last time does not make it legal. Everyone must know what they are getting into before they get into it! Make sure the car is legit and there will be no issues.....

310fig8
06-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Did you cancel the July 11th race at Wall????

CJfilms
06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
I MEANT THE NEXT GRANDVIEW RACE!!!!

Sorry!!!!:angel::angel::angel:

DerbyN8-128
06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
We will see what happens until then...we have a bit of work to do to the car before then and money is a little tight right now considering I am getting married in 3 months or so :lol:

I feel like Critter today...sitting at home posting on the board while I should be working...guess I will just take his place this week

Erin C
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Also for next race here's your warning. Drivers meeting starts ONE HOUR before the accounced start time...drivers meeting takes approx 20 minutes to a half hour to get everyone together, make announcements, answer questions, etc. The LINEUP is a BIG BIG part of the drivers meeting, hence the LINEUP will be completed BEFORE the start of the drivers meeting. I need to close the registrations at least 15 minutes before the start of the drivers meeting so Cindy and I can take care of creating 3 separate and different copies of the lineup so everyone can see where they are starting after the drivers meeting. I will NOT let anyone pick for position AFTER the close of registrations, if you show up late you start in the back NO MATTER WHAT. If there is someone there that can pay for you, they can pick for you if you think you will be a little late. If you notice I am NEVER there during the drivers meeting, why? Because in addition to registrations, putting together payouts, and multiple other duties I also run the transponder system and I need time to set up the computer. I cannot bend over backwards to help everyone that can't get there on time when I am technically doing the duties of 5 people! There is not enough time in my day to make everyone happy and keep me and every other official sane at the same time!

The half hour between the drivers meeting and the start of the race is to allow the drivers to get suited up and start the line up while doing the transponder check.

I do understand there were a couple circumstances that did prevent a few drivers from getting there in a timely fashion and I do apologize for being a little touchy on this "on time" issue but for everyone else I ask that you please take the officials duties into consideration when deciding when you should leave to get to the track.

You need to allow yourself enough time to sign in, register your car, register your transponder (or rent one), unload your car, go through safety tech AND GET TO THE DRIVERS MEETING so you are available to go through the transponder test! We are not the only track that does this, I am sure other promoters will agree. It is not as simple as showing up and hitting the track all in 15 minutes...there is a lot of hard work and effort that goes into each and every race by every single one of our officials and it just sucks to have cars still rolling in while we are doing the transponder check.

I hope I got my point accross and this is my warning that if you are not registered one hour and fifteen minutes before the announced start time, you will start in the rear. (ie 2:30 start time you need to be signed in by 1:15 at the latest!)

miller78
06-22-2009, 05:18 PM
add me to the list on the 26th ill be there:wave:

Erin C
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
YAY!! I will add you RIGHT NOW! Joe should have you up there in a few days :) I am excited to have you back, Aaron!!!

BIGDADDY64
06-22-2009, 09:11 PM
add me too
i will need a transponder too

EnduroFromDE
06-24-2009, 10:23 PM
150 laps...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can

CJfilms
06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
150 Laps tentatively......I am passing it by the Speedway officials to see if they will approve the idea, but remember, they have the final say in the matter....

On Sunday, one official said it should be ok if we start things off at 2 rather than 2:30.....keep that in mind!!!