PDA

View Full Version : This is getting old… Let's tick off everyone...

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 10:19 AM
The rules are the rules. I used to bring a printed copy of them to every race! I remember being consulted about this years rules and I offered my opinions. There is nothing about headers or tubular exhaust. Certain Grand Ams came with tubular exhaust stock. I bet if you did your homework you would find other cars that came with tubular exhaust.
Ultimately there are certain drivers who are good and have a lot of experience. For those drivers you check them out and if they are too fast you tell them they are over competitive and give them a handicap like running on 6” rims and tires or you tell them they can’t use the stock tubular exhaust or whatever else you find. If they are still to fast you tape their balls to their leg and let them try to drive that way. I don’t think you can DQ a certain person right now because your written, posted rules don’t support it.
I think only the driver and his car should be permitted in the tech area.
If someone is DQ’ed I think the reason should be clearly stated on the forum with the results.
This series is supposed to be about fun and letting inexperienced drivers learn and gain experience. The experienced drivers need to recognize what this is and what we are about. If you don’t like it you can go play smash up derby with the weekly series big boys. Just my opinion. This is American, if you don’t like it tough!!!

Erin C
06-23-2009, 10:26 AM
What if its a woman? :lol:

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 10:44 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for that to be asked!!!;)
I will let you suggest what to do.:help: You know me:angel:

W. J.
06-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Tape their (o^o) to their shoulders, lol!!!:lol:

EnduroFromDE
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM
dont you mean thier (.Y.) :lol: unless the ones you seen looks like this (o^o)

RICK16RACIN
06-23-2009, 12:02 PM
Read post #11 in the pre race inspections. But you are right only the driver and the car he/she is driving in the tech area NO EXCEPTIONS:wave: as for slowing down the really fast guys , there are ways of doing that with lead and thinner tires, But that will be up to Josh and me on how it gets done or if it gets done.

Sac-Man
06-23-2009, 12:08 PM
It's a good post. I am in aggreement...

DerbyN8-128
06-23-2009, 03:37 PM
This series is supposed to be about fun and letting inexperienced drivers learn and gain experience.

I'm out there getting track time and having a blast just running laps in an automatic four door ford tempo and at the end of EVERY race I have a BIG smile on my face and can't wait for the next one
:cool:

yes, even last sunday. :lol:

mcstockcar
06-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Old "iron duke " gm 4 cyl. used in a lot of FWD cars had a header on them. no?

EnduroFromDE
06-23-2009, 04:05 PM
lets no get back on this topic now jack...:lol:

Maddawg
06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Did any GM metric cars come with a chevy 350????? Well I can tell ya, only a 1978 Monte carlo.......... and that wasn't really considered a metric car!!!!!!! NO 80's monte's, cutlasses, regals, or gran prix'es came with them!!!!!!! but they are allowed in all enduro serieses . This is one exception to the year ,make model rule. there are more, JUST ask your tech officials what is and is not allowed if you have any questions:help: that is what they are here for!!!!!!!!!

CJfilms
06-23-2009, 09:53 PM
The rules are the rules. I used to bring a printed copy of them to every race!.....
I think only the driver and his car should be permitted in the tech area....
If someone is DQ’ed I think the reason should be clearly stated on the forum with the results....

Sac-man...I only quoted a few parts of your post that I mainly need to repy to and STRESS!!!

The rules are the rules.... I will be addressing this issue in another "Sticky" thread this week about drivers bringing a set of rules with the mto the track....that is something EVERYONE SHOULD DO ANYWAYS!!!

Only the car and driver.... Again, a Sticky thread will be made regarding this RULE. I have stated it, Rick has posted it and Jash has posted it.....IF you do not belong in tech, do not let us find you there...... The worst part about Sunday was several drivers/crew members were arguing with our tech officials about parts on the car and the rules..... 1. Nobody that was arguing had a set of printed rules to argue the point that no headers allowed was written in the books. Dave did his homework and ran a car to the written posted rules, we can't punish him for doing that one! 2. They did not belong in the tehc area!

The Tech area should include:
1. The car
2. The driver
3. NEETS TECH OFFICIALS ONLY

NO MORE NO LESS. I appreciate all the NEETS officials/crew that help with the pre-race inspections, looking for missing safety items and such, but unless they are the tech officials they do not belong under a hood unless asked to look at something.

If someone is DQ'd...... If we have to resort to disqualifying a competitor, the masses will find when we post the results. No one else needs to know what happened besides the officials and the driver. There are no secrets in the Tech area, but out of respect, if we have to DQ Joe Shmoe, Joe may be embarrassed or mad about it and would not like to hear everyone in the pits talking about his error or cheating or whatever as soon as he is done racing that day.....period. Respect your fellow drivers....if you ask them what happened, let them tell you why it happened. We will not talk about a competitors equipment.

Sac-Man
06-24-2009, 12:05 AM
I didn't think pi$$ed off would be inappropriate.
It's late, I should go to bed. I might be cranky tomorrow.
;)

CJfilms
06-24-2009, 08:40 AM
I'm just trying to score points with the higher-ups!!! LOL!!!