PDA

View Full Version : Combo Event...

pv18
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I was inspired by the post about big cars and small running together so decided to start a new thread. I realize I have been absent this year from NEETS with the new car, but I try to keep up with my friends and have always preached to uncle Petey that I wanted to run with the big cars.

Dirt would not really work as the big cars have way too much of an advantage...but on pavement give me us a chance! Wet the track like in the old Flemington days and it will be a good event. Only full cage cars allowed.

Erin is completely right about the driving comments, but so often I have heard that the V8 drivers are the "top" division. Some very talented drivers run 4 clys not because it is a starter division, but because they are the cars they like/have access to.

Now for the fun...let's have it everyone! Thoughts?:wave:

fuglygswracing
06-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Well, to relate to that other dudes post about the V8's being faster, I'd have to disagree. If you go to mylaps, the fastest V8's are running just under 21 seconds a lap:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1158624

And here's the 4-bangers:

http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=1158625

Now, these are also ONLY the top speeds posted, meaning, depending on lapped cars, traffic, dead cars, etc. speed will vary. The speed difference between the cars isn't much different, about 1mph, between the fastest V8's and the 4-cyl.'s. So to say we wouldn't be competitive I think is inaccurate.

Just to paint a picture to compare to see if the 4's would run well against the 8.'s? Couple years back Jeff Walls ran a 4-cylinder mustang, that we ran there on Friday nights at Bridgeport, in NEW JERSEY, and he was on a torrent pace until the big car outlaws got upset and ended up putting him in the wall. Now this is a 5/8's mile track, much bigger than Grandview, and he was running 2nd at the time he got put in the wall. So, ya, the small cars could run with the big cars. But, to go along with what Erin said, the driver makes all the difference not the car.

Also, all the Fugly cars come out of the garage with full cages, so we'd be fine to run anywhere. When we ran at Englishtown earlier this year, and the NJ state troopers checked our car we heard them talking about the roll cage and they said, " .... now this is how a cage should be built." He was very impressed, and they were actually pretty cool to talk too.

Either case, to say we couldn't run with the big cars is just nonsense. Maybe one day we can get together like the top ten in points from both divisions and run them together in a winner take all $2000 to win event. What do ya say Joe? hehe :cool:

richardpetey
06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
I have no doubt in my mind that the 4cyl. guys/gals could run with us and probably even beat us on occasion.....................:cool:
The problem, as I see it, is the sheer difference in the car divisions size/weight..................:(
I would hate to see an bad incident/hard hit involving a small and a big car......................:disgusted
I have driven a small car a few times, got hit by a car 40 laps down coming out of the pits and experienced my first "BIG BRIGHT TEXACO STAR"........................:*-(
Needless to say, I'm now driving a full framed/caged racecar, hehe.................:drool:
If you combine both divisions in a race, sooner or later something bad is gonna happen.................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

EnduroFromDE
06-24-2009, 09:56 PM
My thoughts exactly Petey... again its 2400 vs. 4200 lbs... A full, professional built roll cage would be required and except for the Bentlys and the rest of the Fugly racing team, I dont think there are many more out there that has this... I have a four point cage, however I bent and cut it my self, and had a professional welder weld it together for me. I feel safe against other 4 cyl cars, but dont think I would feel safe around the larger cars. I dont have the talent or the money to pay someone with the talent to build me a professional built roll cage either, like the one your would see in Dave's or Kenny's car. Speed would NOT be an issue as much as weight would
Speaking of mylaps...hint hint...:lol:

Steve Haegele
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Dave, 1st congrats to the fugly team, 1st and 2nd in the little cars, how bout top 5 in points in both divisions for 5 laps 20 bucks a man, that would be pretty cool, and the fans would love it. I know how bad you want to beat up on the big cars.

CJfilms
06-26-2009, 08:42 AM
Dave....I hate to correct your posts, but wait until the recent mylaps is uploaded........oh boy, you will be pointing out much more than a 21 second lap time!!!

I beleive (since I don't have the print out in front of me...)

Mike Hires #2 Big Car - Fastest Lap - 19.388
Dave Bentley #5 Small Car - Fastest Lap - 19.838

Steve.....I like that idea! Maybe at the end of the season, just in case....so all the points are wrapped up. As for the safety issue, Petey got it right..... If the two divisions run together, there is bound to be something to happen sooner or later.....

DerbyN8-128
06-26-2009, 04:14 PM
A small car rolled me over in a 4

A big car would run me over in a 4

I'll stick with the 4s in a 4

:disgusted