PDA

View Full Version : What to expect this weekend. Questions.

btgoss
06-30-2009, 12:19 PM
I'm excited.

This week will be my first visit to the track since warmups. Weather permitting, I am also going for the Jarzombek/Evans/Baldwin Memorial race, and then the tour show. So I am almost going to be a regular. Maybe I will have tshirts printed up.

I do have a question for those who go to the track much more often.

This week I am planning on bringing pretty much my entire extended family. With the fireworks, figure 8's and demolition derby my son and nephew are very interested in going. So I am looking for some advice on how to handle the logistics of bringing 7 adults and at least 2 children.(This is the first visit to a racetrack for most.)

With ticket prices for this week at $30 for Adults I want to make sure things go as smoothly as possible.

How early would you say I will have to get there? I am thinking of sitting them on the back stretch, with the better bleachers and proximity to bathrooms. But I normally do not sit there, is that section a good idea? (From the video's I have seen posted here, the grandstands normally don't look full, but I know on fireworks night, that will change.)

I have also seen that the nights are ending pretty early with the low car counts. Is it going to be dark enough for the fireworks after the races? (I know there is a decent amount of racing this week, so that hopefully shouldn't be a problem.)

CRog00
06-30-2009, 05:12 PM
I would get out there for 3 this way you know you will get a good seat. If you can get a seat that has the stairs right in front of you this way it is easier to go to the bathroom. The backstratch grandstands are fine to sit in, I've been sitting in them since I've started going to the track.

Jaws
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
If you have kids, he is right at the end of an aisle is the best and having kids there myself a little bit lower is better if they want to get up a few times during the night, but with that said th higher you are the better the view (IMO)

As far as getting there at 3:00 I think thats a bit early if you plan on being there til the end. (If the show runs until 10:00 thats 7 hours, too long for most and especially 1st timers

W. J.
06-30-2009, 08:19 PM
One drawback to straightaway grandstands: more noise due to echo off opposite side wall. Bring ear protection for any who may feel the need.

Added Plus: The fireworks have really been great since Bay Fireworks took over, so all should be glad they came.

modprincess8x
07-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Time trials should go out about 4:30 with whatever heats to follow. To get the most for your money you might want to be there for qualifying. Bring everything you think you will need into the stands with you since you can not leave and come back in and stop to eat on the way, with the high prices to get into the stands it will save you a little money to eat off the dollar menu before you get to the track.