PDA

View Full Version : Bounty!!!

intense1
06-30-2009, 07:07 PM
As seasonal sponsor for the Mountain Madness Enduro Series, Mark Spencer from ABC Auto Parts and Car Crushing of Hunlock Creek, PA., has issued a $200 Bounty to any driver who can beat Joe Jentile in the 6/8 cylinder Enduro division.
Joe has become the man to beat since the inception of Enduro racing at Sundance Vacations Speedway.
The only catch is...Joe must finish the race.

August 23 is the next scheduled event for the MMES series, so start building those cars...Bounty Hunters!

RACERX
07-01-2009, 08:27 AM
could we race our 4cyls against them we turn the same if not better times.

richardpetey
07-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Does Joe J. know about your little bounty.............:confused:
I got your bounty! Anybody that can beat me heads up(on the track) in an 8cyl. enduro at sundance I'll pay double your bounty.................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

jimwhite
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
when you put a bounty on someone youalso put a bulleye on his car.I have known joe for many years he is a great driver and can setupa car to run at any track he comes to to put a bounty on some one ithink you are asking for trouble you donot know what people will doto stop him the best way to beat him is to race him fair and beat him fair just my opion :wave:

W. J.
07-02-2009, 10:42 AM
when you put a bounty on someone you also put a bullseye on his car. I have known joe for many years. he is a great driver and can setup a car to run at any track he comes to to put a bounty on some one ithink you are asking for trouble you do not know what people will do to stop him the best way to beat him is to race him fair and beat him fair just my opinion. :wave:There would be no bullseye on his car. If you read the whole 'offer', he MUST finish the event for anyone to be eligible for the bounty.

Zcar
07-02-2009, 11:21 AM
when you put a bounty on someone youalso put a bulleye on his car.I have known joe for many years he is a great driver and can setupa car to run at any track he comes to to put a bounty on some one ithink you are asking for trouble you donot know what people will doto stop him the best way to beat him is to race him fair and beat him fair just my opion :wave:

If you're setting up your enduro car, it's not an enduro car.:wave:

LM13
07-02-2009, 01:45 PM
You got that right Z-Car.

Mobigsly
07-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Does anyone have Ray Fitzgerald's number? I want to tell him he has $600 waiting for him down at Sundance Vacation Speedway when he's ready.

miller78
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM
i agree with jim. joe is a smart guy he has it figured out he help me out a lot to where my car pick up a second up there i think its very wrong to have bounty on him plus him and wink got battle going in the points i hate to see get messed up

richardpetey
07-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't think he has a car for sundance but I'll call him for you!
I know Joe J. can't be too happy about the bounty, hehe..........:help:
UNCLE PETEY.............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
By the way, everybody sets their car up for an enduro, something as simple as setting tire pressure or installing a few shims for camber/caster would be considered a set-up.......................:confused:

NJ Chick
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
There would be no bullseye on his car. If you read the whole 'offer', he MUST finish the event for anyone to be eligible for the bounty.

Of course this puts a bullseye on him WJ. What's to stop anyone from spinning him out or roughing him up so their friend (another driver) can win the race?:disgusted Joe could still finish, but at what cost? Sure hope he knows what he's in for at the next one.

W. J.
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
While I see your point, it could be very dangerous to do so. If the 'friend' caused him not to finish, there would be no prize. I would hope all would respect that idea, but you've made your point.

There have been bounties put on multi-winning drivers before, but not in this type of racing that I know of.

Mobigsly
07-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Your right it's to dangerous.. Someone should call OSHA on this!!!

woot lawrence
07-03-2009, 11:38 AM
what if something happens and Joe finishes 7th, do the top 6 get $200 each??

White Lightnin
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
what if something happens and Joe finishes 7th, do the top 6 get $200 each??

That's what Nosense announced. "a $200 Bounty to any driver who can beat Joe Jentile" :wave:

Doesn't say you have to win. :wave:

Maddawg
07-03-2009, 08:54 PM
I personally think this is rediculous.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To tell you all the truth I just want to BEAT Joe straight up!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes He is the man to beat and has won 6 straight and has done so LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!! just plain good luck and talent. Please all other drivers don't do anything dumb, I think this bounty thing is is f-n stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just race clean and fair and without mirrors !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
See Ya'll next time
"in Victory Lane"
MADDAWG 417;)

richardpetey
07-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Don't ya love it when a plan comes together................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

intense1
07-03-2009, 11:05 PM
The only catch is...Joe must finish the race.
This is for the ones with "Selective" reading...:rolleyes:

J & J Racing 41
07-07-2009, 04:05 PM
B. S. so if i pull in on the white flag lap no one gets the money rite.

STU
07-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Anything to get interest back into the series and the track itself is fine by me. I plan on entering the next race with a new car. Joe has passed me hundreds of times over the years and never once did he punt me out of the way. I don't like him winning every race either, but out of respect for Joe, and all drivers, I would never try to wreck him for any amount of money.
Cory
1x

J & J Racing 41
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Hate to rain on your parade mikey but ill be in Vegas on vacation for the August race. Best of luck to everyone. Go getum Wink!

Spanky1975
07-07-2009, 09:50 PM
So now we just have to find someone with a more cheated up car then Peaty to come to mountain and take his four hundred. Maybe one of the street stock guys could show up with there car so its a fair game.

intense1
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Hate to rain on your parade mikey but ill be in Vegas on vacation for the August race. Best of luck to everyone. Go getum Wink!

Sorry to hear that, Joe. Enjoy your trip to sin city.
When you get back...the bounty will be waiting.

Spanky1975
07-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I personally think this is rediculous.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To tell you all the truth I just want to BEAT Joe straight up!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes He is the man to beat and has won 6 straight and has done so LEGALLY!!!!!!!!!!! just plain good luck and talent. Please all other drivers don't do anything dumb, I think this bounty thing is is f-n stupid!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets just race clean and fair and without mirrors !!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:
See Ya'll next time
"in Victory Lane"
MADDAWG 417;)

That wasn't a dig at the 33 about the mirror, was it?

LM13
07-08-2009, 12:10 PM
You guys don't have a clue. It was an honor to be the one they put a bounty on! If the track is willing to put up money for someone to beat you then instead of crying that you might be taken out you should be walking around with your chest out knowing that you are the king of the class! I don't get you guys. I think it's time for you all to build Factory Stocks and to leave the enduros to people who have never raced before. There are to many enduro races around anyway, that's why only 20 people show up . Maybe they should only have three a year, one before, one during and one after the season. That would force you to move up a class if you wanted to race more then three times a year.

richardpetey
07-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Good luck in Vegas, if you have the time go visit the LV racing facility north of the city, its quite the complex...................:cool:
LM13 is correct, you should be proud of the fact that your the man to beat.....................:applause:
Sundance, on the other hand, should be REAL PROUD they had to offer a bounty to entice more competition and try and pick up their poor enduro car count...........................:eek:
UNCLE PETEY......................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
07-08-2009, 07:42 PM
I know first hand that this bounty was created by my Uncle Mark with no bad intentions it was created to give drivers a reason to come and race and see if there cars are good enough to beat Joe.......not give them a reason to take the 41 out........my uncle ed, had so many bounties on him back when he raced....my pop tells me all the time about what fast eddie had to overcome at Selinsgrove and other such tracks........so Joe should feel honored.........Have a Rowdy day......Larry Spencer III

Maddawg
07-08-2009, 08:20 PM
No that wasn't meant as a dig at the 33. I just don't think mirrors belong in race cars............
MADDAWG 417

Spanky1975
07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
I was just wandering after your and TJ's conversation after the race. I run the 4cly class and agree with you 100 percent. I really think that the rear veiw mirror rule should be removed. I ran into a situation last race where I was ran into my left front pretty hard. I then proceeded to go down the backstretch banging the car that hit me in his passanger side door (only later to find out that he was ran into when he hit me, but thats another story.) Anyway after this incodent occured he was then cutting me off high ,low, middle anywhere he could. And all I could see was him looking in that F--N rear view mirror. I am not the type of driver to dump another car, but that day I came close. So as I said I agree with you 100%. So just maybe this whole Bounty thing should be put to rest and a new thread on mirrors in race cars should be started. The fact is bounty or no bounty Joe is man to beat, he not only knows how to build a fast car, but the man can also drive it. Everyone else just better start doing there homework and start giving him a little compitition.

Good Luck in Vegas Joe

jimwhite
07-09-2009, 10:38 AM
This issue has been around forever to have a mirror or not there are two points to this issue a new driver should have a mirror for all races and the vetrans should have a choice But put restrictions on the size of the mirror no huge truck mirrors it is nice to look to see who is around you and its nice to see who is trying to dump you also As far as mirror driving its your job to get around them PS a mirror is very handy for moving the car around the pits backing off the trailer etc just my opinion:cheers:

farry
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
As a resident of northeast Pa.and a long time spectator of asphalt racing,
I have seen my share of favoritism and not sticking to the rules. Enduro racers are low buck racers, weekend warriors, no big sponsors,
maybe a candy shop that will throw you some gas money once and awhile
but that's it. That's what makes it fun!!!!! Most of them are the driver, crew chief, and crew all in
one. No practice before the race, just get out there and run the tires
off it, and they do just that. For the last 6 races I sat in the stands
and watch Joe take the win. It's no fun to watch anymore. I watch them
tech that car every race and find nothing. That car has good stuff from the factory. I believe the car itself
is over competitive, not the driver or cheated parts. So Sundance
Vacation Speedway why don't you pull out that rule book and follow this
rule you wrote "DUE TO THE WIDE RANGE OF TYPES OF CARS, TECH RESERVES
THE RIGHT TO ALLOW/DISALLOW ANY AND ALL PARTS OR MODIFICATIONS TO EVEN
UP THE FIELD. OVER-COMPETITIVE CARS MAY BE RESTRICTED AS NEEDED" Or you
can take one from your weekly series. "Any driver who wins five feature
events will be issued a carburetor restrictor plate" It's up to you
Sundance Vacations Speedway!!!!!!! You are going to loose fans and car
counts. Do something before this turns into the Ricky Ross Jr. Thriller
car races. Thank God that's over with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!