PDA

View Full Version : Hanbury Motorsports July Newsletter

RGeeProductions
06-30-2009, 08:35 PM
This past month wasn’t too kind to Tony Hanbury and the Hanbury Motorsports Team. As weather hampered a majority of the racing action coupled with some racing luck going against him. For the first time in a long time Tony went the entire month without a feature win.

JUNE REVIEW

5th – Spencer – 12th.

A rough night Tony started when the primary car he normally drives was deemed illegal by track inspectors prior to the start of the races. Tony was forced to drive the car of Fred Taylor who is Tony’s Friday night teammate.

In the feature Tony started 9th and got up to 3rd when he was spun out. Tony restarted at the rear and got back to seventh when he was spun out again on the last lap by the same exact driver who spun him out before.

“ It was a rough night all the way around “ said Tony. “ Due to the circumstances that happened I will not be driving for John Resus at Spencer for the remainder of the year. There are no hard feelings between us but I’m racing for the track championship at Spencer. That is why I’ll be running my car or my dad’s car at Spencer for the rest of the year. “

6th – Chemung – 2nd & 4th.

Twin features were on tap and in the first one Tony got to second but was unable to get the lead due to the mirror driving tactics of race winner JR Kent. At the end of the feature an oil pump pickup problem was discovered.

“ The car as usual was a rocket “ said Tony. “ Then I’m not going to destroy my car trying to pass a driver who mirror drives as bad as JR Kent does. “

The second feature saw Tony jump into the car of Jody Buckley. Tony started last and ended up fourth. The finish was protested by JR Kent to NASCAR. NASCAR threw out the protest later in the week.

“ First and foremost I have to Thank Jody for lending me his car for the second feature “ said Tony. “ As far as the protest goes, it’s insane because JR Kent doesn’t know the rules. “

12th – Spencer – 20th DNF Accident.

Tony ran his self owned car on this night and it was fast as usual. In the feature Tony got caught up in an accident on lap one that saw him make contact with the homestretch wall ending his evening.

“ I was very happy with the car as we passed on the outside to win the heat “ said Tony. “ In the feature we just got caught up in one of those racing accidents and that ended our night. It really hurt us in the point standings but it’s a long season and hopefully our bad luck is out of our way at Spencer. “

13th – Chemung – 2nd.

After arriving home from Spencer Tony along with his dad, Branny Shaft, Zack & Ralph Truesdail worked until 3am Saturday morning to repair the damage from the Spencer accident. The car was finished up Saturday afternoon after a few hours of sleep.

At Chemung it’s a story of who gets to the front first between JR Kent and Tony, which ever driver gets the lead first usually wins the feature. On this night JR got the lead first and Tony ran the remainder of the feature on the outside of Kent trying to get the lead. Tony tried every move in the book but fell one foot short at the checkers.

“ First off the car was just as fast as it has been all year “ said Tony. “ That was a good sign as all of us knew we got the car back to where it should be measurement wise. I knew in the feature that if JR got ahead of me I was going to have to pass him on the outside. At least this week he raced me clean finally and that is why I went up and shook his hand after the feature. I’ll do that with any driver if they race me clean. “

2009 STATS

Currently Tony is leading the Whelen All – American Series NASCAR New York State Point standings. Tony is second at Chemung in the NASCAR Modified points, only two points out of the lead. Tony is tenth in NASCAR Modified points at the Spencer Speedway.

16 starts
6 wins
11 top 5’s
12 top 10’s
12th ( 2 )
14th ( 1 )
20th ( 1 )

JR's Motorsports Media