PDA

View Full Version : Car count

STU
07-01-2009, 06:51 PM
What can the speedway do to get more cars to the track?

W. J.
07-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Buy some and have them prepped and ready for any takers? I've known of tracks that have done that for demo derby's.

EnduroFromDE
07-01-2009, 08:07 PM
its never going to happen as long as there four of five other tracks within 50 miles that runs enduros too, there is an enduro almost every weekend somewhere, even two on some weekends...:disgusted
not only that enduros are getting more expensive to prep now too, with roll cages, and racing seats required at some tracks. I was wondering why Kalamazoo Raceway(spelling may be off) has over 125 cars every race when they're running the same as here once a month. But I looked into it and relized the closest tracks that runs enduros is over 150 miles away. so all the cars probly within 200 miles go there to race. around here you have, Mountain, Grandview, Big Diamond, New Egypt, Wall, Riverhead that all runs Enduros, and with the exception to Wall, they run there about once a month or once every 6 weeks.

jimwhite
07-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Having raced in enduro for past 15 years i have seen the car counts go from 400 plus to about 60 or so in some devisions One thing being a factor is that cars are geting hard to find and the cost of a car. Last sunday i lost a car that i have raced for the last 3 years there is cars out there but cost is crazy 1 to 2grand for a good car plus all the work we will try to race again if every thing falls into place i hope we can get the car count up there but with the economy being as it is it getting harder to make races :cheers:

hockafutz
07-03-2009, 09:33 PM
Our team is real new at this, and I hate to sound like a cheapskate, but it would cost a team of 4 $100.00 more to race at SVS than at Big D.
The pit pass cost for an enduro event is $15 bucks at Big D as opposed to $28 at SVS. Also, there is no car registration fee at Big D. I don't know anything about the purse structure, or how far back into the field it pays, but for guys that are new and just trying to get track time--- See where I'm going?
I'm sure we'll get to SVS this year before the end of the season. Awesome place, and we really want to try out the asphalt!

richardpetey
07-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Put up some decent prize money and keep management outa the tech area and the cars will start showing up.....................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

RACERX
07-16-2009, 09:19 AM
big diamond payed 400 to win 4cyl and 400 for v8. won the last enduro got 195??? gotta love racing !!!! cost us more than we won

Spanky1975
07-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Big Diamond also paid the top 10, but they had a bigger turnout. They almost doubled our enduro field at mountain last race. They had 37 small cars on the track. The sad part is I know if we got 40 cars at mountain they would still only pay the top 5.

LM13
07-16-2009, 01:33 PM
If you want more money move up a class. Since you are building enduros with racing sits, fuel cells, belts and cages you should just bite the bullet and build a factory stock that someday can become a Street stock when you can afford to build a motor for it.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-16-2009, 06:40 PM
there is no real solution to this problem.....it seems that drivers just lose interest and sell there cars.....we can't fix a problem of people just giving up and moving on.....have a Rowdy day..... Larry Spencer III

intense1
07-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Put up some decent prize money and keep management outa the tech area and the cars will start showing up.....................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Your ridiculous posts are worthless...so, don't even waste your breathe. :drool:
If you are Enduro racing to make money, let me give you some advice...find a new hobby.
No need for SVS management to be in the tech area when your around...you'll shoot yourself in the foot.
Even a BLIND man can SEE your a chronic cheater.
Your diarrhea of the mouth is the OTHER reason why you'll never race at Evergreen, Mountain, Sundance Vacations Speedway, or whatever else the track may be called under the current management.

It's BIG MOUTHES like you, who have killed the sport...SHUT UP AND RACE!

Your friend,
2/10

Mobigsly
07-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I have two idea's. it might not boost the car count but it looks like fun on paper.

Only pay the last 10 spots. the winner gets nothing!! there may be alot of slowing up or reverse so the first one to hit -100 laps in reverse wins! I mean looses! wait a minute?? He would win I think...

On a more sensable note:: half seam to ***** about the price of cars, so take the cars off the track after an accident so they can save their ride and maybe litter the track with junk cones.
The other half ***** about money and/or prizes,, so pay out to the top 10 with 6 throught 10 maybe get their $50 fee money back or give 6th throught 10th a trophy. Just how you give a baby a teddy bear or something shiny and they are happy the whole ride home.

If these don't work I got an idea called Beer"a"carloosie.

Geno
07-16-2009, 09:12 PM
:lol: I sort of like the twisty backwards win idea. BTW, did you mention....:cheers: ?

Rowdy Rules 51
07-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I agree with you 100% mike......I realy think that petey's bashing of the speedway would hurt the chances of people coming to race ........hey petey like the old saying goes if you have nothing nice to say then............. Shut the hell up....... Have a Rowdy day and come out to "dance"

White Lightnin
07-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Your ridiculous posts are worthless...so, don't even waste your breathe. :drool:
If you are Enduro racing to make money, let me give you some advice...find a new hobby.
No need for SVS management to be in the tech area when your around...you'll shoot yourself in the foot.
Your diarrhea of the mouth is the OTHER reason why you'll never race at Evergreen, Mountain, Sundance Vacations Speedway, or whatever else the track may be called under the current management.

Your friend,
2/10

You miss your medication, Mike?

You are right about "BIG MOUTHS" who kill the sport. One of them did it for me in 2004.

Rowdy Rules 51
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
what mike was doing was telling the truth..... Petey's words shy people away from the track by making it sound like Adolf Hitler himself runs the place and it's a real shame he has to do that and I hope everyone remembers that Sundance was the TRACK that got upwards of 100 cars so no matter what pete or anyone says sundance was the huge car count track......Have a Rowdy day!

White Lightnin
07-16-2009, 10:39 PM
Who's post sounded more like Adolf Hitler? :confused:

richardpetey
07-16-2009, 11:15 PM
No sense 2/10! The original post was concerning an increase in lapdances car count, but I guess you know-it-all promoters just do nothing and hope the series promotes itself without giving any incentive to the only people who support the division...the DRIVERS/CREW..........................:rolleyes:
As far as the current sUNdance management, I don't think they'll be around much longer based on their TRACK record.................:applause:
You can spew your personal problem poison at me until your a fraction of yourself, words can't hurt me, but a promoter venting his useless vendetta against a driver on a public forum makes you look like a FOOL.............:disgusted
I'm only one person, don't use me for a scapegoat for your tracks promoting and management inadequacies.................................:(
I didn't single-handedly decrease your enduro car counts from 70 cars down to 20 cars in less than 2 years........................:mad:
Give it up Willy and direct your attention to the question, not what you THINK is the ANSWER.....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Rowdy Rules 51
07-16-2009, 11:43 PM
I'm talking about every post petey posts on here either bashes the track or speedway officials and personaly I feeel that there is no need for that it doesn't improve the sport or car count whatsoever so what's the need for it.......... None

RACERX
07-17-2009, 01:08 PM
been there did that won the thriller championship won 10+features just enduro racing for fun but it still costs $$$$ and a lot more of a challenge to make a junk car last 100+ laps

intense1
07-17-2009, 07:17 PM
No sense 2/10! The original post was concerning an increase in lapdances car count, but I guess you know-it-all promoters just do nothing and hope the series promotes itself without giving any incentive to the only people who support the division...the DRIVERS/CREW..........................:rolleyes:
As far as the current lapdance management, I don't think they'll be around much longer based on their TRACK record.................:applause:
You can spew your personal problem poison at me until your a fraction of yourself, words can't hurt me, but a promoter venting his useless vendetta against a driver on a public forum makes you look like a FOOL.............:disgusted
I'm only one person, don't use me for a scapegoat for your tracks promoting and management inadequacies.................................:(
I didn't single-handedly decrease your enduro car counts from 70 cars down to 20 cars in less than 2 years........................:mad:
Give it up Willy and direct your attention to the question, not what you THINK is the ANSWER.....................:help:
UNCLE PETEY...................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

You are so far off the deep end...you don't even know what you are saying anymore. Your original post was a shot at track management, as always.
Throwing money around may attract one or two more cars, but not dozens. The regular Saturday night divisions pay all qualified spots, so if money is the issue for anyone...that's where they should be.

10 years for Joe Callavini., and still going...Way to go, JOE!

For many that know YOUR track record (NBC=Natural Born Cheater), there's no need to beat a dead horse. And to the folks that may be tuning in for the first time, Uncle Cheatey likes to pat himself on the back and take pride in the fact that he can pass everything at the race track...EXCEPT post race tech. That's a proud badge to wear, Petey...and you wear it well. :rolleyes:

I will continue to defend the race track, the management, and the employees and officials at Sundance Vacations Speedway...from diseases like YOU.
Not to mention the fact that I will verbally spar with you anytime, because...frankly, I enjoy the exercise.
YOU, are the broken rule FOOL!

The men in the WHITE coats are coming for you........:help:

STU
07-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Can anyone answer the original question? Will the track change anything to get more cars in the pits?

intense1
07-18-2009, 09:41 AM
What can the speedway do to get more cars to the track?

This was your original question.

Haven't seen you in a while, STU...where you been???

STU
07-18-2009, 06:30 PM
See you in august Mike.
Now can you address the question?

Mobigsly
07-18-2009, 09:34 PM
It's not what the speedway can do for you...
It's what you can do for the speedway!!!!!
awawawawawa.awawwa.awawawa.

White Lightnin
07-18-2009, 10:11 PM
It's not what the speedway can do for you...
It's what you can do for the speedway!!!!!
awawawawawa.awawwa.awawawa.

We were told in 2004 that the Pro Stocks failed themselves by not bringing more cars to the track. I asked if we were supposed to build extra cars so each owner could bring 2 or 3? I guess we were supposed to promote the class, not the track. That is why I have one in the driveway under a tarp 2 doors down from you, T.J. :mad:

NJ Chick
07-19-2009, 05:13 PM
what mike was doing was telling the truth..... Petey's words shy people away from the track by making it sound like Adolf Hitler himself runs the place and it's a real shame he has to do that and I hope everyone remembers that Sundance was the TRACK that got upwards of 100 cars so no matter what pete or anyone says sundance was the huge car count track......Have a Rowdy day!

I remember those days! ABC Car Crushing was sponsoring then too. What was the name of the series that ran the enduros for Sundance (Mountain) back then? Oh yes, NEETS!:) Looking forward to seeing all of you Spencers again at Grandview next week!:wave:

Your friend,
2/10

Your "friend" 2/10??? Wow, see what drunk posting does? Gives one dillusions of grandeur.:disgusted I'm sure it's mostly Petey's comments that have single handedly killed the sport of enduro racing which have caused your car counts to go down. I'm also sure that these brilliant pieces of literature that you keep coming back with to a past driver can only help attract many, many more drivers from all over. Your ability to dazzle us with your incredible people skills is overwhelming. As a rep of SVS, I bet management couldn't be prouder of you Mikey! Bravo!!! :rolleyes:

Rowdy Rules 51
07-19-2009, 06:15 PM
I remember those days! ABC Car Crushing was sponsoring then too. What was the name of the series that ran the enduros for Sundance (Mountain) back then? Oh yes, NEETS!:) Looking forward to seeing all of you Spencers again at Grandview next week!:wave:

You know the Spencer crew will be at Grandview getting a little dirty !!!

LM13
07-19-2009, 09:04 PM
their are to many enduro races. Tracks can make money be charging through the back gate and why not? It's their right to make a living by putting on any show that is legal. I don't understand why people feel it's their right to receive any more money then what the track posts. If you don't like it then don't come and really who cares what you think. Enduros are a place to have fun and like anything else it's going to cost you money to be there and do it. It's not the job of the track to see that there pay out pays for your night of racing. As for Mr. Petey, why is it that he has to post anything on the sundance forum? Everyone knows he hates it at Sundance and for whatever reason he has about it THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO WRITE ABOUT IT. Mr. Petey is a NEETS driver so go post on the NEETS three forums. Same for Ms. NEETS. You have a place to join hands and be one big family so use it. If you stopped using your time reading and writing on this forum then Mike wouldn't have to spend his time responding to your downer posts. I don't see Mike writing anything in the big three NEETS forums so why don't you follow his lead and stop posting here. Then you maybe can get on with your deal and leave this deal to itself and everyone can be happy regardless of how many cars show up anywhere.

W. J.
07-19-2009, 09:23 PM
Oooh, very exciting. Someone who thinks that writing in forums is assigned to people (and HE gives out the assignments!). Wait until the Supreme Court hears about this one, lol!

LM13
07-19-2009, 09:36 PM
But you already know where I think you belong. [Did I spell everything right and I hope this isn't to long winded for you].

W. J.
07-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Not TOO long winded at all. I went where you think I belong, but the guy with the pitchfork said you were out, so I'll have to come back later. :lol:

NJ Chick
07-20-2009, 04:12 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: - WJ!!!

their are to many enduro races. Tracks can make money be charging through the back gate and why not? It's their right to make a living by putting on any show that is legal. I don't understand why people feel it's their right to receive any more money then what the track posts. If you don't like it then don't come and really who cares what you think. Enduros are a place to have fun and like anything else it's going to cost you money to be there and do it. It's not the job of the track to see that there pay out pays for your night of racing. As for Mr. Petey, why is it that he has to post anything on the sundance forum? Everyone knows he hates it at Sundance and for whatever reason he has about it THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO WRITE ABOUT IT. Mr. Petey is a NEETS driver so go post on the NEETS three forums. Same for Ms. NEETS. You have a place to join hands and be one big family so use it. If you stopped using your time reading and writing on this forum then Mike wouldn't have to spend his time responding to your downer posts. I don't see Mike writing anything in the big three NEETS forums so why don't you follow his lead and stop posting here. Then you maybe can get on with your deal and leave this deal to itself and everyone can be happy regardless of how many cars show up anywhere.

Thank you for your amusing input as usual Dr Phil! With your logic, you shouldn't be posting in this section of the forum as you don't race enduros. I do believe your place is in the Late Model section. Makes as much sense, doesn't it? Hmmmm....hey....how did you know that NEETS has a big three forum unless you were on that site??? Now why would you be looking at the NEETS site when you have the Sundance forum to read?:confused: Seems like somebody is looking for a hug!

RICK16RACIN
07-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Seems like everyone wants to blame Petey!!Hey Phil did you know that Mike himself went on the Wall message board the day after the last enduro at Wall, and put up a post basically putting down Wall and Neets!!! "need a vacation" Not sure if anyone else saw it, and even took one of the photographers pictures and used it in his post ( probally without consent) But it was short lived and got deleted. So now we all know Mike is a hypocrite!!! And Cindy hit the nail on the head in her last post!!(100 cars each division with Neets running it) I am sorry Mike you cant promote, and you dont have the people skills to bluff your way through it!!! Go back behind the wheel, your a good driver!

gripz
07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
WOW!!!!!! This is to Intense1, you are not helping your cause when you contiue to bash a former SVS driver, you should have taken his posts off as soon as they were put on, instead, you are acting just like him. TAKES TWO TO TANGO!!!!! It's a shame that you took it to this level.

LongIslandJam
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Yes, this crazy train has gone off the tracks. Let's move on...