PDA

View Full Version : riverhead sends letters to old drivers

fisherman
07-01-2009, 08:02 PM
hey riverhead sent me a letter saying how much better the chief stewards are know.you would think they would have called wrote a letter the 1st year or called to ask why we left.:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave: i quit going to race at there track not 5 years later. so the ??? is is it really better now then it was 5 years ago ????????????????????

SuperShafts
07-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Seems this year...in some cases things have changed... seen a car go to the back, never seen it done before.

Seen some fines get handed out for petty bs in the pits, and others i haven't heard if they were or weren't fined though....

Hard to say not being there religously...but...if they just follow the rule, should be great!

Though on a different note altogether i would still rather see some SS classification car rules rather then blunderbust, and bring in the super-mini-mods like they did with the legends

RacinRob
07-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Ill take the high road on this one.

tstiles
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
you know - no matter who is in charge , they will never be able to please everybody, However, from my first hand expeirence, ( and not just speculating like some) i would say that the 2 guys running the track are a pleasure . .

gruber
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM
brown nose:confused:

tstiles
07-02-2009, 01:29 PM
easy their mouth, if it were the old guy back in their , i would have nothing to say, but they are not bad.. i have delt with worse.

W. J.
07-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Terry didn't get a letter, because he's not an old driver (yet)!:lol:

The letters themselves are a nice gesture, I think.

maestri fan 1
07-02-2009, 05:41 PM
I got one to, very nice to hear they want drivers to come back. I say lower entry fees, give the drivers a points fund from the track (it would be a great addition towards all Leah is doing), and repave the track. If all that happens I would highly consider bringing my car back up from North Carolina. And I truly mean that, I miss racing out there, but it's unaffordable at this point for me.

RacinRob
07-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Matt would a 5 dollar less entry fee really persuade you to race again? Let's be realistic dude. That's a a lot of ifs. Bottom line is that with the economy itd take more than a letter in the mail, a lot of people that left got sick of the polotics of racing and are more than likley gone for good. Can you blame them? Howevr it Is nice to see that they actually care and are trying...I just wish it never got to this point. Everyone deserves a fair shake and maybe if there's consistency they will come. I hope they all do come back...and I hope they see if it has gotten better for themselves and not rely. On a message board to decide if its better

W. J.
07-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Matt, you're not 'old' enough to have gotten a real letter, are you??? :lol::lol::lol:

And Rob's right, a letter or $5 less to get in isn't going to get people back, but if they are convinced somehow that things have changed, they might find a way to come up with the money, even in this lousy economy.

maestri fan 1
07-03-2009, 11:59 AM
I see what your saying about 5 dolars less but, it adds up. As far as consistancy goes, I haven't been out there enough to form an opinion.

SuperShafts
07-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Maybe, maybe write a letter back asking nicely if the issues you had (list them) have corrected themselves....

I agree with repaving.... I Was going to get into a collection to make some $$$ toward it but have since left it alone...

LennyCosta46
07-03-2009, 01:25 PM
where's my letter?????