PDA

View Full Version : July 18th

DriveitinDeep
07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
this will be the last time I speak in any form in behalf of the LM's good or bad.
Consider this my going away speech (stop cheering Fred). Saturday July 18th I believe will be the make or break day for the LM's. The division needs to have every car available out there. The powers at be be need to see that there is a good field of LM's available if the division is going to have any chance to get back what it's lost, or to have a future beyond 09. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see all the other divisions get added shows and the see the LM's still sitting at home. If it's got 4 wheels and an engine, bring it out.
I am off the soapbox now. See ya

Fine Line
07-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Hey Roger, no need for you to get off the Soap Box, someone needs to do it. I know that it is hard fo me to get to the track every week, no crew, no sponsors and I still show up. The last race I finished with over 100 laps on my tires. Come on Late Model drivers blow the dust off those cars and get them to the track. I know it must be killing Kenny Alfano to let Chuck race his car, but he is doing it for the division. We need every car so we have somewhere close to home to go play. If it ws not for Riverhead I guess that I would be retired, there is no way that I can travel.

Golf Guy
07-02-2009, 04:40 PM
The #4 Late Model will be there racing for the 18th and beyond. As Roger has stated, we need EVERY Late Model that can race out there!!!

RACENUT
07-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Golf guy, you said the #4 late model will be there july 18th and beyond, just wondering who the driver is going to be ?

Ka$h25
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Just wanted to voice my opinion that I think it's too soon to give up. I'm someone that didn't mind when the news struck about the LM's being canned, but it's impossible to ignore the progress you've made. The figure-8's made it through some really rough times at Riverhead because of guys like Joe Saraceno and SAFER that wouldn't let people give up. I'm sure it's a dirty job, and most times unrewarding but if 10 years from now Late Models are still running at Riverhead Raceway, we'll know why.

RovinPromotions
07-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Roger without you this year would not of BEEN at all.So hats off to you for your efforts. I know its hard for guys to run[money],but lets try it at least one time more. july 18th is a few weeks away,so get those LMS ready...

See you on the 18th...:wave:

W. J.
07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Golf guy, you said the #4 late model will be there july 18th and beyond, just wondering who the driver is going to be ?Can't we all wait and be surprised!!!???

jemalfano
07-02-2009, 09:54 PM
The 35 will be there on the 18th and every other night that riverhead will let us race. As for Roger being up on the soap box, I see it as a little bit of leadership that we need at the moment as a division. I applaud and thank you Roger Oxee for all your efforts, they are not in vain, but I'm still gonna beat you when I get back in my car.

Golf Guy
07-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Golf guy, you said the #4 late model will be there july 18th and beyond, just wondering who the driver is going to be ?

Tommy Rogers of course...

Just kidding.

The virtue of patience, and the element of surprise.
Or as my Dad used to say to me "Macy's and Gimbels son, we can't give away our secrets."

If you are there on the 18th, you will know...

DriveitinDeep
07-03-2009, 11:34 AM
do the initials MM ring a bell

RACENUT
07-03-2009, 12:31 PM
was just going to say his initals are on kyle bushs' car

Jaws
07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Roger,

Thank you for your soapbox, I think without it the late models would have been gone or combined with the chargers by now.

lilneon03
07-07-2009, 04:08 PM
well its nice to know there are still some of the old guys around...but come on lets really bring em back.... larry lafo, wally schweizer, mighty mike, deennis krupski and even chuck deon possibly permantly?... riverhead just isnt the same

LongIslandJam
07-07-2009, 06:35 PM
I don't have a car, but I'll be there. If there's anything I can do for you guys, let me know.

W. J.
07-07-2009, 07:15 PM
well its nice to know there are still some of the old guys around...but come on lets really bring em back.... larry lafo, wally schweizer, mighty mike, deennis krupski and even chuck deon possibly permantly?... riverhead just isnt the sameLarry sold his car, Mighty Mike needs a sponsor, Dennis Krupski has an SK mod now, and Chuck is driving for Ken Alfano. How about Jim Pape? Where is he?

The Bullfather
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
does Eric Lutz still have the Late Model?

GSM
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
I don't have a Late Model anymore, but if someone has an extra car I would love to help try and bring the Late Model division back as strong as it was before.

An Observer
07-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Probably sipping a cold one at his house over looking Mattituck Harbor while sitting at the pool...:):applause:;)

WEEZER
07-07-2009, 08:14 PM
If the sk's can run with the mods why not have the grands run with the late models? OK OK I was only trying to help the lm's with car counts but what about mixing in the chargers with the lm's for s and g's.

W. J.
07-07-2009, 08:43 PM
If the sk's can run with the mods why not have the grands run with the late models? OK OK I was only trying to help the lm's with car counts but what about mixing in the chargers with the lm's for s and g's.LOL, how about a spectator drag car or two? Maybe Don Carasiti would like to give it a try. Or, Mike Schlaugies!?

lilneon03
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
although sponsors are a main issue with some people out there now...it shudnt bee an issue... your racing for fun. thats what chucks doing in kennys car, although he was a contender in his day i would love to see him ith a full ride of his own... bring it back to his number 03 back in 89. and on another topic if dennis krupski is running sk's anyone think of convincing him to run a few at riverhead... they make an exception for kevin (orlando)... just a thought

catfish
07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Probably sipping a cold one at his house over looking Mattituck Harbor while sitting at the pool...

That was not Lutz nor that car

W. J.
07-07-2009, 10:31 PM
and on another topic if dennis krupski is running sk's anyone think of convincing him to run a few at riverhead... they make an exception for kevin (orlando)... just a thoughtHe's well aware, since he helps out on other teams; guess it's a personal choice, or need of sponsorship.

Richie25
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
does Eric Lutz still have the Late Model?

yes pete, but craig is going to race it at sundance speedway last i heard.

The Bullfather
07-07-2009, 10:52 PM
I might have heard Eric wrong, but believe he also said he still has a charger!

Richie25
07-07-2009, 11:41 PM
I might have heard Eric wrong, but believe he also said he still has a charger!
yup they were both in his garage when i was last at his house.

Ka$h25
07-08-2009, 02:14 AM
The 35 will be there on the 18th and every other night that riverhead will let us race. As for Roger being up on the soap box, I see it as a little bit of leadership that we need at the moment as a division. I applaud and thank you Roger Oxee for all your efforts, they are not in vain, but I'm still gonna beat you when I get back in my car.

Gotta be tough watching someone else wheel your ride, that's going above and beyond to support the division. Any chance you'll be cleared to drive sometime this season?

An Observer
07-08-2009, 01:57 PM
The pool thing was regarding Jim Pape's potential whereabouts.Not Lutz.

An Observer
07-08-2009, 02:01 PM
although sponsors are a main issue with some people out there now...it shudnt bee an issue... your racing for fun. thats what chucks doing in kennys car, although he was a contender in his day i would love to see him ith a full ride of his own... bring it back to his number 03 back in 89. and on another topic if dennis krupski is running sk's anyone think of convincing him to run a few at riverhead... they make an exception for kevin (orlando)... just a thought

Sponsors shouldn't be an issue? Ah,hello? Is anyone in there?:rolleyes:

DriveitinDeep
07-13-2009, 10:54 AM
it's now or never gentlemen. Either bring them out this weekend or move them to your front lawn and put flowers in them, because that's the only place they'll be good for anything. I am planning to put Geraniums in mine or maybe poison ivy

jemalfano
07-13-2009, 03:51 PM
I want to thank those who have asked about my health. As for my leg, I had the screws removed last wed. I will not be ready to get in the car this week. As far as the rest of the season, at this point with only three races remaining, and Chuck getting to start on the pole if he wants in the August race, I will not take him out of the car. It just wouldn't be fair to him, and I will probably be leaving him in the car for the last race. I may take some practice laps myself very soon though. I do want to get in for some out of state races if I can afford it. With no sponsors it will be tough. If they let us run at wall for the terkey derby, that would be fun.

Kenny

W. J.
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
I have been told by a VERY reliable source that 'Mighty' Mike Mortimer will be driving the #4 Late Model in this show. Mike belongs in a race car, not a tow truck, though he has done a good job there, too. Geez, that may even get Larry and Larry to come to the race, lol.
Seriously, this will be great for all, and I hope many others come out as a show of solidarity to keep the Late Models running strong at Riverhead Raceway. :applause:
I don't want to see plants growing out of or under anyone's race car!!! :)

allhailunc
07-14-2009, 02:20 AM
I have been told by a VERY reliable source that 'Mighty' Mike Mortimer will be driving the #4 Late Model in this show. Mike belongs in a race car, not a tow truck, though he has done a good job there, too. Geez, that may even get Larry and Larry to come to the race, lol.
Seriously, this will be great for all, and I hope many others come out as a show of solidarity to keep the Late Models running strong at Riverhead Raceway. :applause:
I don't want to see plants growing out of or under anyone's race car!!! :)

you never kmow Walt-as ted"Theodore" Logan once said"strange things are afoot at the Circle K":lol:

unowho243
07-14-2009, 08:54 AM
what bout rob tribuzio someone call him in GA an tell him to get down here what bout bill roscamp with the 40 car and the 77 car of Jim Vaccaro i belive it was damn anyone who can just call them and see if they are willing to show up

Fast&Legal
07-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I hear the #60 is still complete sitting in the garage being used as a shelf...Maybe get him out of the easy chair....LOL

DriveitinDeep
07-14-2009, 11:50 AM
the 77 is in Mortimer's shop in pcs (next to MM's cars), Rosskamp's 40 was sold a couple years back, the 60x? Well it's main purpose in its later life has been a place to store lawn furniture on.
There also is the Lutz 36 LM and the Baker 37 LM. Been trying to get these guys out. I guess they and a lot other people would like to see the LM's disappear. Tribuzio, that would be a little bit of a commute for him. A couple of years a go he had family reasons that had him up here during the season.

Maybe you'll see a few others this weekend. Who knows. I've given up counting on people to show up. It is what it is.

Fkraft99
07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
I believe JRod will be out this week in the Sean Case #75 again... And the 80 of Johnnie Gloor IV has recently gotten his motor back and that car is going back together. Wont be out this week but hopefully for the shows a little later in the season.

DriveitinDeep
07-14-2009, 04:29 PM
good to know but it might be too late by then to make any difference. It's now or never for the LM's

W. J.
07-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Did anyone call Jim Wismer and invite him to join the fun? A car is a car, right?

figure849
07-15-2009, 05:45 AM
That would be really cool to see out of state guys come to Riverhead.
How about Toney Volpe also. Probably to late to ask them now.
Are they even racing this weekend?

DriveitinDeep
07-15-2009, 09:55 AM
I doubt anyone from out of state would come to RR for a standard purse show. There is no incentive besides, we have to be able to fill the field with cars that will be there week in and week out

ljnbooze
07-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Just to throw out another name D. T. yes dynamite would make a great choice:applause: