PDA

View Full Version : Mod feature

Ka$h25
07-05-2009, 04:03 AM
I could have done without a couple of those cautions but for the most part it was an enjoyable race to watch. It's great seeing two of our best young talents time trial first and second and run in the top 3 all night. To see Justin getting leads the way he was I figured he was burning up the tires, but he seemed just as strong at the end.

Also good to see the 09 and 89 have strong runs.

My one complaint, because I ALWAYS have a complaint- would be the two veterans who spun and pulled back out right in front of the leaders. I understand the effort to stay on the lead lap and it could make a world of difference, but the two last night seemed pretty reckless.

FERGBIZZ
07-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I'd have to disagree with you Kash....that race stunk. Good to see Justin win and Timmy run well but a lot of dirty driving going on out there. The 49 sent the 15, the 2 divebombed the 11x thru the dirt. Shall I continue?

fisherman
07-05-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd have to disagree with you Kash....that race stunk. Good to see Justin win and Timmy run well but a lot of dirty driving going on out there. The 49 sent the 15, the 2 divebombed the 11x thru the dirt. Shall I continue?

please continue

Richie25
07-05-2009, 03:16 PM

the 2 was sent in the the dirt by the 84 he may have thought he was clear and trying not to get trained tried getting to the bottom, the 2 was still there. the contact sent the 2 to the dirt. yes he may have had time to slow the car down and get back in line, or try to to say the least. maby he got crossed up with the steering wheel as he was hit to the dirt? i dont think it was intentional by the 2 at all and to say he divebombed i can kind of under stand, but that really wasn't the case.

The Bullfather
07-05-2009, 03:38 PM
Richie is correct, Fortin came down on JR, JR was sent underneath, the highlight video will be up with bench racing by Wed., maybe even Tuesday this week! I'm not saying Fortin came down on JR on purpose!

FERGBIZZ
07-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Ok maybe I'm wrong about the 2...but still don't think it was as good of a race as Kash lol

Ka$h25
07-05-2009, 11:28 PM
It was nothing spectacular, but enjoyable for me to see Justin and Timmy running up front. The modifieds in general have been pretty bland. I was hoping with a hotter race track and more laps we'd see tires making a difference and see some extra passing but not much was different.

On a side note it seems like the SK experiment worked well. A couple guys went out there did what they could and I guess made a good enough impression to get a shot. Solomito looked strong, and hopefully Orlando can avoid the bad luck if he's back in that car again next week.

Turbo
07-05-2009, 11:51 PM
single file, follow the leader.. only excitement is gettin past the lapped cars and double file restarts. Still a great run for Justin Dave and Timmy! Just sucks there is no racing like there used to be, maybe a pass here or there. :rolleyes:

bulldozer
07-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Congrats to justin.fastest time and the win cant get any better than that. way to go timmy once again following up the win with a strong third, nice job skipppy.

Ka$h25
07-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the answer to enable better racing? Is the only option paving the track? Different tires? Allowing a tire softener?

W. J.
07-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Tires are the only thing that would bring real change. Paving the track would only give you a temporary solution, just as it did when the track was repaved the last time. I'm not saying doing both wouldn't be great, it would be. But an investment in new pavement is not something you're likely to see in this economy.
Most drivers I've asked about it say they need a different tire. The Figure-8's did better on a different tire. That should tell you something.

Fkraft99
07-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Need to treat the outside groove like Mountain was doing a couple years ago... not sure if they still do?. But I believe they used like a coke syrup and sprayed just the outside groove, seemed to work pretty well. Gotta try something cause I think all but one or two winners have come from the pole.

The Bullfather
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Double file restarts like the big three Nascar series are doing now! Watched the video, while cutting up the highlights for Bench Racing this week. A lot of good side by side action for a couple of laps, some of guys on the outside even out powered the car on the inside.

Shawn not running the sk motor in the 89 anymore. This week had no sk mods.

Turbo
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
is 24 a sk?

W. J.
07-06-2009, 10:00 AM
is 24 a sk?Nope, regular Modified.

TMAC
07-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Was sitting right in turn 4,looked like just a little hard racing between the 84 and the 2.I thought the 2 car did a good job saving it .What happened with the 2 car,did he blow a tire or something in the front suspension?Thought the mod race was pretty good .

W. J.
07-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Something broke in the rear end of the 2, that's why he pulled off.

Richie25
07-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Hey Bullfather, I don't know what race you and Richie were watching or what your video shows. But the video on this website clearly shows Fortin entering turn 3 at least 2 cars ahead of JR. JR popped him in turn 4. Sure looked intentional to me.

HUH? the incident you saw from the homepage is a completly diffrent incident. That was brad van houten behind john in that clip not JR. how brads car looks like JR's is beyond me lol. that happend after the JR and john contact, so just wait for the pitbull video to be up. Then you will know what we are talking about. But like i said in my last post the 84 and 2 contact looked like the 84 thought he was clear or was cleared by his spotter, but the 2 wa still there and the contact sent the 2 for a ride in the dirt. not pointing any blame just racing trying to get to the bottom to not get trained.

nobandwagonhere
07-06-2009, 08:11 PM
I was standing in turn 2, and Richie thats EXACTLY what happened. That really was noones fault in my opinion. They were racin.:wave:

kart34
07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I saw the same thing