PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Charger feature from last night

btgoss
07-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Hello all,

It seems that there may have been some sort of problem between the Turbush teams and the #42 charger.

Is there some sort of bad blood or problem that has existed prior to last night?

Not trying to start a fight (I will do that later when I post my comments about last night), just wondering what caused that situation.

Thanks.

wayne
07-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Ya ever see the way the#42 drives a charger or the truck?

The Bullfather
07-05-2009, 12:17 PM
okay whose going to open it first!

Turbo
07-05-2009, 12:31 PM
The kid in the 42 never drives with any respect! Ever heard of 3 lane wayne? Well meet 5 lane Frank, numerous times the 8 backs out and even tries to pass on the outside like a racer and some critics usually say to do. Well when you get driven into the wall its not a very nice thing to do. Let alone the brake check he did coming to one yellow which caused him to get lifted in the air! :help: He is a hazard to the race track and this is not the only team he has a problem with as he already had numerous run-ins with SEVERAL other teams. About a month ago he got into a fight in the back of the pits with another team, I believe it was the last 30 lap double point race? But as you can see he never got suspended and nothing was done. This track NEEDS to start doing something otherwise it will continue to be a circus.

W. J.
07-05-2009, 12:44 PM
The real question here is where was the black flag? Gathering dust??? :mad:

Turbo
07-05-2009, 01:02 PM
You won't get shot at if you don't pretend to be a target!

bulldozer
07-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I run over the wall coming out of two and my car popped out of gear couldnt get it back going.Which has happened before in victory lane when i couldnt take my victory lap and then he says i brought out the caution im 2 laps down.If i just stopped on the track for a flat then understandable 1 lap down.But i almost took down the damn wall. Just no clue i will address this over the loud speaker when and if i make it to victory lane again. Then the 42 drilled my father when he was taking his belts off getting off the track.Giving him whiplash.I hope they suspend this guy.He is in the mist of so much every week.When you keep chooping and blocking someone its sometimes better off letting the faster guy by instead of wrecking yourself and the guy your racing with.

Ka$h25
07-05-2009, 02:17 PM
I seem to remember either week 1 or the practice weeks, when a piece of paper was handed out with new rules and such. On that sheet they explained that on track retaliation would not be tolerated. And I still see it race after race. Now a driver suffers an injury in result of the retaliation, and still as far as I know, nothing is done.

Secondly, with no knowledge of what happened during the race I was walking down the pit area when the 42 charger drove down and I saw him take a swerve at Roger Turbush and another man. I don't know who the other guy was hey may have been with the Turbush crew, he may not have. But from the opposite side of the car, I saw him fall to the ground either being hit or from trying to avoid being hit.

Take your pick as to why he needs to be at least set down, there are plenty of reasons.

W. J.
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Earlier use of the black flag would have prevented much of what happened later. It's hard to believe no official saw any of it, so why no action? :confused:
It's really sad it had to result in someone being hurt later on. :disgusted

RovinPromotions
07-05-2009, 02:37 PM
WOW is all i can say to the couple of posts here.. :wave:

fisherman
07-05-2009, 02:40 PM
guess those raceway letters carry no wait at all , just another reason to not COME BACK AND HAVE FUN

bulldozer
07-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I dont understand why we cant put that the Offical JIm maggio doesnt belong with the offical shirt on.He obviously favors cars and puts just certain people back when the caution comes out.Thats ok if you dont let me post it ill say it in victory lane you can count on that.Smokey is being told when to throw the yellow so sorry about last comments smoke.Your right w j if they blacked flagged that 42 for brake checking my dad under the yellow and almost destroying his car then there wouldnt have been a last lap spin.You are good W J.

bhubbard
07-05-2009, 06:38 PM
chris i totally agree with you jim thinks whats only right for cirtain drivers and yes the 42 does not belong out in that charger division he basicly destroys the racing in that division i hope someone drives him the way he drives other and watch him cry like a baby its not right he has to hit danny when hes taking his belts off and give danny whiplash but someones gotta set him streight because last night was pathetic

chris061
07-05-2009, 10:24 PM
well chris sorry to hear about your dad i hope he is ok! now that you said that about jim you might just as well stop racing now lol. jim has no clue about racing, we need someone with a racing background not someone who is blind.there are many problems that could have been avoided if jim would get off the black flag instead of sitting on it..... :drool:

Turbo
07-05-2009, 11:44 PM
it makes me not want to race anymore.... Its disgusting :disgusted

TMAC
07-06-2009, 12:34 PM
What it looked like from my view[off turn 4],was it seemed the 56 was having a little trouble coming off turn 2[it looked likethe right rear of car was sagging] and the 42 couldnt get a round ,inside or out,then 81 tries to work around 42,hence hitting the backstretch wall.Then 8 car had some issues with the 42 couldnt get a round him except to beat on him when he could and often.So after race was over 8 car sitting still and 42 gives him a big hit in the rear to let him know of his displeasure.Didnt think that was to cool but we have seen this time and time again when a race is over[in all classes]...Hope 8 car driver is ok,whiplash is painfull as some would know

Turbo
07-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Only thing you missed was (TMAC) was that the 8 looked low but got chopped consistently down the straights,(one of the reasons 42 was gettin sideways and he used the bumper (not as often as you made it sound in your post) and then the 8 attempted the outside with 2 to go only to get cut off into the wall off of turn two on the last lap!

Under caution or after a race a driver should get thrown off the track or in this case it should be 1 race suspension. The 8 got thrown off the track for hitting the 51 under yellow during the race earlier in the season. Let the unconsistent calls continue :disgusted

Richie25
07-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Only thing you missed was (TMAC) was that the 8 looked low but got chopped consistently down the straights,(one of the reasons 42 was gettin sideways and he used the bumper (not as often as you made it sound in your post) and then the 8 attempted the outside with 2 to go only to get cut off into the wall off of turn two on the last lap!

Under caution or after a race a driver should get thrown off the track or in this case it should be 1 race suspension. The 8 got thrown off the track for hitting the 51 under yellow during the race earlier in the season. Let the unconsistent calls continue :disgusted

Couldn't agree with ya more roger, thats how i saw it. you can thank Mr. Maggio for those inconstant calls, or as i like to call it favoritism.

fisherman
07-06-2009, 08:41 PM
ah see everybody that got a letter were all coming back . since all is so great at the joke way raceway. if i did come back it wouldn,t be at rhd things will never change till all new:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: officals are in place

randomrodder
07-06-2009, 09:40 PM
The real question here is where was the black flag? Gathering dust??? :mad:

I don't get here too often anymore :wave: but I totally agree with Walter. Where is that Black flag? :confused:

From what I have seen through Pete's videos, it sure could have been used a number of times this year. :rolleyes:

Ka$h25
07-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I don't deal with the officials too much so I don't know first hand. But when you hear other people speak, I don't understand why Mike Cappiello isn't the main guy there. I mean, Chief Stewards naturally aren't very well liked, so none of these complaints surprise me. It's nothing new. Every Chief Steward will be accused of favoring this driver or that driver. But Mr Cappiello has been in the position for a while and has been very well respected since day one.

Jeff T
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
First off, I want to clarify that I was not there on Saturday night. I know there are 3 sides to every story-YOUR side, HIS side and THE TRUTH. I hear a lot from the Turbush racing team, but nothing from the 42 racing team. I would like to hear their side of the story also.

Having said that, I have had many, many conversations with various individuals who compete at Riverhead, and there is one general opinion....JIM MAGGIO MUST GO! He is doing the sport no good at the raceway. Favoritism, absolutely so. I've seen it in every division. His big speeches of getting tough and enforcing rules are a joke. How many times have we seen that the"Rough Riding" rule has been manipulated in favor of certain drivers? How many times have we seen the "Dump the Leader" rule be ignored? He talks to the racers as if we were dirt. Everyone wished Bill Denniston to be gone because of these same qualities, and guess what? Be careful of what you wish for. We now have the someone who in some aspects is worse than BD. I'll be quite honest about my opinion right here...every Chief Steward has had favoritism in one way, shape and form of some sort. Bob O'Rourke had his favorites as did Mike Cass, Walt Edsall, Bill Denniston, Bill Brice Jr. , and so on. It's inevitable when you are in that position. Even though you should be subjective and open minded, it will never happen. As a Chief Steward, you no doubt will have a favorite or two, but you MUST have the ability to be fair on ALL calls for ALL competitors. As a Chief Steward, you must have the ability to be able to talk to your competitors about issues at hand, but still be able to hand out a fair decision/punishment for ALL, whether they are a favorite of yours or not. As a Chief Steward, you must be able to enforce the rule you write FOR ALL WHO COMPETE. Most of all, as a Chief Steward, YOU must have the ability to treat your competitors and race teams with dignity and respect, FOR ALL.
Unfortunately, Mr. Maggio does not hold ANY of these qualities. Until there is a change at the top of the third turn ramp, the car counts will continue to drop from their already pathetic levels to even lower numbers than they already are. I wish the Cromarty's would look at the signs before them and the opinions of their racers and act upon this issue. We still want to compete at Riverhead as our home track, but not under the rule of a bias Chief Steward.
JMO

Wheel Racing
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
First off, I want to clarify that I was not there on Saturday night. I know there are 3 sides to every story-YOUR side, HIS side and THE TRUTH. I hear a lot from the Turbush racing team, but nothing from the 42 racing team. I would like to hear their side of the story also.

Having said that, I have had many, many conversations with various individuals who compete at Riverhead, and there is one general opinion....JIM MAGGIO MUST GO! He is doing the sport no good at the raceway. Favoritism, absolutely so. I've seen it in every division. His big speeches of getting tough and enforcing rules are a joke. How many times have we seen that the"Rough Riding" rule has been manipulated in favor of certain drivers? How many times have we seen the "Dump the Leader" rule be ignored? He talks to the racers as if we were dirt. Everyone wished Bill Denniston to be gone because of these same qualities, and guess what? Be careful of what you wish for. We now have the someone who in some aspects is worse than BD. I'll be quite honest about my opinion right here...every Chief Steward has had favoritism in one way, shape and form of some sort. Bob O'Rourke had his favorites as did Mike Cass, Walt Edsall, Bill Denniston, Bill Brice Jr. , and so on. It's inevitable when you are in that position. Even though you should be subjective and open minded, it will never happen. As a Chief Steward, you no doubt will have a favorite or two, but you MUST have the ability to be fair on ALL calls for ALL competitors. As a Chief Steward, you must have the ability to be able to talk to your competitors about issues at hand, but still be able to hand out a fair decision/punishment for ALL, whether they are a favorite of yours or not. As a Chief Steward, you must be able to enforce the rule you write FOR ALL WHO COMPETE. Most of all, as a Chief Steward, YOU must have the ability to treat your competitors and race teams with dignity and respect, FOR ALL.
Unfortunately, Mr. Maggio does not hold ANY of these qualities. Until there is a change at the top of the third turn ramp, the car counts will continue to drop from their already pathetic levels to even lower numbers than they already are. I wish the Cromarty's would look at the signs before them and the opinions of their racers and act upon this issue. We still want to compete at Riverhead as our home track, but not under the rule of a bias Chief Steward.
JMO

Perfectly put.....until it is deleted too:disgusted

j-rod
07-07-2009, 08:38 PM
pretty much right on,,a chief steward also needs to KNOW what he is seeing on the track, not what it might appear to be, to be able to make a correct call. (my hint would be a respected veteran racer) hmmmm...??

btgoss
07-07-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all of the interesting posts on my question.
Needless to say there are many views being expressed here, but here is how I saw it.

I do not want to make this a bigger argument then it already is. But here it goes.

From my vantage point on the back stretch, it looked like the #8 and #81 dealt out much more "punishment" then they received. The #42 was just about turned twice on restarts. That is not cool. Pass or don't, but just hammering the guy out of the way is not cool.

The bump at the end of the race was bad. But the #8 should not have stopped on the track, should not have been removing his belts. But most importantly, should not have suffered an injury from that hit. He was still in the seat with his helmet on. If he was injured, the car should be looked at, seriously. The 42 absorbed some hits just about as bad as that during that race, so that car might not be safe.

The thing that disappointed my most about the race was the behavior of the #81. First, it sure looked like you drew the caution. Just calling like I see it. I don't know how consistent the penalty after the fact was, but it was fair. (Now if other people have drawn the caution and not been penalized a lap, then you should complain, but otherwise, just take it.)

But the thing that had me just shocked was the slow lap and the wiggle when the #42 came back around to pass you. Really? You have to wiggle? I can't imagine how angry you may have been at that point, but acting like that was just not cool.

Hopefully the officials will get all parties involved together and work these problems out.

catfish
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Rut Ro Shaggy:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wheel Racing
07-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Needless to say there are many views being expressed here, but here is how I saw it.

I do not want to make this a bigger argument then it already is. But here it goes.

From my vantage point on the back stretch, it looked like the #8 and #81 dealt out much more "punishment" then they received. The #42 was just about turned twice on restarts. That is not cool. Pass or don't, but just hammering the guy out of the way is not cool.

The bump at the end of the race was bad. But the #8 should not have stopped on the track, should not have been removing his belts. But most importantly, should not have suffered an injury from that hit. He was still in the seat with his helmet on. If he was injured, the car should be looked at, seriously. The 42 absorbed some hits just about as bad as that during that race, so that car might not be safe.

The thing that disappointed my most about the race was the behavior of the #81. First, it sure looked like you drew the caution. Just calling like I see it. I don't know how consistent the penalty after the fact was, but it was fair. (Now if other people have drawn the caution and not been penalized a lap, then you should complain, but otherwise, just take it.)

But the thing that had me just shocked was the slow lap and the wiggle when the #42 came back around to pass you. Really? You have to wiggle? I can't imagine how angry you may have been at that point, but acting like that was just not cool.

Hopefully the officials will get all parties involved together and work these problems out.

I'm guessing the Chief Steward(not named Mike) has a relative on the Jam and his name is...........btgoss

dynamite
07-07-2009, 10:33 PM
for those of you who have had a bad experience with our Chief Steward, this needs to be heard

this saturday was a sad day in history of riverhead. My husband was in the ambulance being attended to by the emt checking his neck out and taking his blood pressure and i was helping two nascar officals fill out a report and the emt was saying how he saw the bump of the two cars on the track, when out of nowhere the chief steward comes over, i thought he was coming over to see how my husband was, what a false pretense that was as he immediately started questioning on the bonzi move and the stopping on the track as he was coming off the raceway, in which i immediately said to him that the emt was just saying how he saw the 42 run into the back of 8 and the snap answer back at me was WHO HIS HE, i said he is a human being who has TWO EYES, what a rotten piece of #### he is as a human being ,and chief steward , who is in charge of directing competiters. how can we as paying nascar people ever respect this persons direction, just to show how bad he is, the 42 came in the pits and tried to run into 2 crew members as he aimed at there pit stalls and he grazed one member and tumbled him to the ground, his wife went running upto officals to tell them if her 49 yr old husband didnt turn around he would have been run over , there answer was they didnt see it, so what happened to tom rodgers in the BACK OF THE PITS .there is only one god in this world,but his name isn't jim maggio, do all of riverhead raceway a favor, step down 'cause you lost all of our RESPECT,HOW AFTER THAT CAN YOU LOOK DANNY IN THE EYES WITH ANY KIND OF CONSCIENCE OR ANY OF THE OTHER DRIVERS THAT YOU TREAT LIKE CRAP.(IN-HUMANE) Never mind what happens on the track that you really do not see, but just the treatment of people. People skills are greatly lacking! IN THE AMBULANCE(WOW) LISE TURBUSH----

bhubbard
07-07-2009, 10:43 PM
for those of you who have had a bad experience with our Chief Steward, this needs to be heard

this saturday was a sad day in history of riverhead. My husband was in the ambulance being attended to by the emt checking his neck out and taking his blood pressure and i was helping two nascar officals fill out a report and the emt was saying how he saw the bump of the two cars on the track, when out of nowhere the chief steward comes over, i thought he was coming over to see how my husband was, what a false pretense that was as he immediately started questioning on the bonzi move and the stopping on the track as he was coming off the raceway, in which i immediately said to him that the emt was just saying how he saw the 42 run into the back of 8 and the snap answer back at me was WHO HIS HE, i said he is a human being who has TWO EYES, what a rotten piece of #### he is as a human being ,and chief steward , who is in charge of directing competiters. how can we as paying nascar people ever respect this persons direction, just to show how bad he is, the 42 came in the pits and tried to run into 2 crew members as he aimed at there pit stalls and he grazed one member and tumbled him to the ground, his wife went running upto officals to tell them if her 49 yr old husband didnt turn around he would have been run over , there answer was they didnt see it, so what happened to tom rodgers in the BACK OF THE PITS .there is only one god in this world,but his name isn't jim maggio, do all of riverhead raceway a favor, step down 'cause you lost all of our RESPECT,HOW AFTER THAT CAN YOU LOOK DANNY IN THE EYES WITH ANY KIND OF CONSCIENCE OR ANY OF THE OTHER DRIVERS THAT YOU TREAT LIKE CRAP.(IN-HUMANE) Never mind what happens on the track that you really do not see, but just the treatment of people. People skills are greatly lacking! IN THE AMBULANCE(WOW) LISE TURBUSH----

wow thats terrable see we need chief stewarts with more respect for the racers jim should of never been choosen for the cheif stewart spot. without a dought i hate to see one of the most nicest guys get hurt becase of a rookie that doesent belong in the charger division.

Ka$h25
07-08-2009, 12:46 AM

Maybe it's just me but as a fan I don't mind seeing a driver rough someone up, as long as they don't pass as a result of contact. The 42 is pretty notorious for taking up a lot of space and if you're gonna do that you better expect to feel some pounding. The veteran drivers- in any division, are going to establish that they're there and hope their presence forces a driver error.

The swerve under caution is just a show of displeasure, even if there had been a little contact, it's not as bad as running into the back of someone.

I have to laugh at the idea of you making a big deal of the 81 swerving, and in the same breath discrediting the importance of the 42 driving into the back of the 8. Sure, he should have left the belts on, but what do you think is more forgivable? Taking off your seat belt a little early, or deliberately driving into the back of someone? I've heard twice now that the 8 "stopped short" which I find very, very hard to believe anyone in their right mind would do that with no seat belts on.

Ka$h25
07-08-2009, 03:09 AM
Now that I saw a video I have even more complaints. Twice the 8 got a good jump on the restart and the 42 was so concerned with keeping his position that he drives right into the back of the 56. If he lifted, it wasn't for long because he pushed the 56 right through turns 1 and 2 before finally accelerating through him. That's disgusting. Next restart, same thing. Then it appeared the 8 was growing impatient and gave the 42 a nice bump going into 1 and 2, the 42 got sideways and the 8 CLEARLY got out of the gas, let the 42 correct and was repayed for his hospitality with a brake check going into the very next corner. Great driving. :rolleyes: Not only should the officials be doing something about this, but the rest of the division should be speaking up about their displeasure.

nflobster
07-08-2009, 06:55 AM
i saw it and it looks like the 8 could use some ponies or the 42 got a stout motor

Turbo
07-08-2009, 07:40 AM
You can have the fastest motor at the track, but that dont mean you are fast! :lol:

btgoss, how come you said both the 81 and 8 dealing out more punishment? Are you familiar with short track racing or are you new? :confused::help:

anyone wants to see the race from the backstretch like mr btgoss did (allegedly) come to my facebook page.

greggforce01
07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
JEFF T - nicely said

BTGOSS - looked to me like the 81 hit the wall avoiding a wreck, got a flat and had nowhere to go - how is that purposefully drawing a caution?

It seems to me like Maggio has a problem with his ego. The guy thinks the world of himself when he is probably getting paid $50 for the night. For that kind of money, the only real reason for someone to stick with the job is that you love racing - which clearly isn't the case here since he has not made consistent calls, shows favoritism, and seems to have not had concern for an injured driver.

As for the 42, he needs to learn how to drive, pick a lane. Blocking isn't driving...let the faster car pass you and you would have avoided the wreck.

btgoss
07-08-2009, 09:02 AM
The swerve the #81 did was during the race. Not during caution. He did the slow laps until the #42 came back to him, and then he swerved. That is childish.

I did not minimize the hit the #42 gave after the race. He should be given a vacation for it. BUT. Don't stop on the track, don't remove your belts on the track.

But most importantly. If he really was injured, and I have no reason to doubt that he was. If he did suffer an injury that severe from that hit, then he needs to stop driving that car until it is fixed. He was still in his seat, with his helmet still on, (I could not see if the wheel was in place as I was behind the car.) But if he moved so much in that seat then at the very least that seat is poorly fitted, if not mounted completely wrong.

RacinRob
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
First and formost I'm making this post as a non biased neutral induvidual....I race and as I'm waiting to get off the track I un strap my belts let my window net down and so on, when your stopped at a redlight bt goss....if somebody hits you going 25 to 35 mph and you hurt your back that means your car is un safe? That horse crap, whem your at a dead stop and get hit from behind your gonna get hurt, doesn't make the car unsafe, that's absurd.

btgoss
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
We are not talking about a regular car. We are taking about a race car, with a roll cage that is welded to the frame. A seat that is supposed to be wrapped around the driver, helping the belts hold the driver in place. Not a regular car.

If that seat allowed that much movement that he was hurt, then yes, that car is at least in need of a new seat mounting.

RacinRob
07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Haha this is hilarious, you honestly are dodging the question, if somebody is struck from behind at a reasonable speed while sitting and a dead stop is that bc A the car is unse or B he just got rear ended....seats wrapped around the driver? This isn't nextel cup with custom fitted seats, go to oval speed and get a floor model kirkey or butler seat...they come in standars sized like 15 16 17. Inches, get real man.

Turbo
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
During the race you expect to get hit, you are prepared for anything, you are in driving mode. When under caution and or coming to the pit you always let your guard down. I dont care what seat you have in a car or what kind of helmet, you are gonna get hurt. I wanna see you explain other people getting hurt on the track.. oh its probably because their car isnt safe

kleilamotorsports
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
Maybe install an AIR BAG :cheers:

W. J.
07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Using the car as a WEAPON of retaliation is wrong, period. A penalty is warranted, and should be given immediately. It's been done before for purposeful hits, and should be consistently done, no exceptions!
There is enough danger of injury in a racing situation, no need to add to that after the event is finished.
I also agree, no seat is going to protect a driver when the car is at a standstill.
To think otherwise is foolish. J/M/O.

bulldozer
07-08-2009, 02:20 PM
WHo did i swerve at.If i wanted to swerve i would of waited till the 42 went around me moved him up and let my dad go by underneth. I was going so slow and getting out of everyones way.I didnt even know what was going on with the 42.I was pissed at the call and didnt want to burn up my tires.I swerved to avoid the 56 because hes sideways in front of me ,I could of just ran into him and spun him like the 42 did the lap before.I hit and get sucked up by the wall.THats why the yellow came out.I didnt just stop on the track because i had a flat..You have NO CLUE. I guess if you hit the wall and damage your car you should be put laps down. I hit the wall on purpose just to bring out the yellow and gain a few spots.lol Btgoss take a look at pitstoppitbull and watch the video and then let me know what you saw on the 81.I guess you got a glare of the sun on saturday and you thought you saw something you didnt.Also listen in the video as im in the wall im trying to go and my car is stuck out of gear.Great video and sound pitbull.My case in point to the jim maggio call.

nobandwagonhere
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Id like to see BTGOSS "strap" into a car....Full cage, seat, 5 point belts and lets re-enact what happened. Let me know how you make out. Anyone can drive a racecar from the bleachers.:rolleyes::rolleyes::help:

Duke22
07-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I haven't been to the track in a couple of years and am not taking a position on this argument, but one rule I always have for myself is to leave the net up, helmet on and the belts tight till I get back to my pits or to the scale or to pick up the checkered flag. I've seen too much cheap stuff happen.

Zemco117e
07-08-2009, 10:15 PM
how come the 8 81 or 88 never do any wrong?? What about the 81 drilling the 95??? nothing will ever happen to a Turbush. They should just give them the track so they can really run it. The 8 was below the 42 before the white line coming out of 4 before the green was out. What hapened to all passing to the outside before the start/finish line??? What did you think was goin to happen when you got to 1???? When the yellow came out for the 81 in the fence how come everyone else slowed down except the 8?? From that point on every corner the 8 has the 42 jacked up.. some people might say well the rest of the feild pulled away the 8 must have been faster.. WRONG Its a little hard to go foward when your getting drilled in and out of the corner every lap. Another thing to hte idiot who threw the soda can at the 42 and the busted his ***. You looked like such a tool. Nice job. If you stand in the middle of the pits when cars are coming off the track, dont cry that someone "tired to run you over". Common sense. The 8 should have been the last car on the lead lap for using the 42 for brakes going into 3 coming to the checkers.

Your not goin to hear anything from the 42 team because they dont run home and cry on the internet like to many other people do.

btgoss
07-08-2009, 10:28 PM
I have just watched the video. And from the other side of the track the wiggle didn't look as bad from the where I was sitting (at the start of the backstretch bleachers.)

From my angle it looked like a much bigger swerve. If you watch the video at around 4:25 you see it was not as dramatic as it looked from the seats. (but imagine you are behind that, able to see the drivers hands move on the wheel, it looked much,much worse.)

So I am glad there is video. I still question the basic concept of the slow lap and little wiggle when the leaders pass, but it was not as blatant as I first thought. I am glad to be wrong. As I said I was very disappointed when I saw that, that is not what I have come to expect. It still looks a bit shaky, but better. From the angle in the video, there is the hint of bad intent, but then you didn't go there.) Seriously I am glad it was not really bad.

The big problem with forums is that people need to understand this is a discussion forum. I do not have to prove I have raced to have an opinion on how I think people should race. I do not have prove my pedigree of racing history or knowledge. I can watch the race and post about the things I liked and didn't like. There are more then a few here who need to learn that lesson.

Now as far as the hit after the race. The comparison has been made to being hit from behind in a street car while stopped at a light at 35mph (a speed that was much faster then the hit in question.) A modern car is pretty much done after that type of hit. I could explain the physics, but basically most cars are engineered to crumble during an impact, but the expectation is a moving impact, so a 35mph stopped crash is a major event for a street car. So yes, in most cases that car would be unsafe to drive again. (if it was capable of being driven, unlikely for all but a very few cars.)

I don't have photos of the interior of the #8, but I seem to recall it having a fairly modern looking seat with some sort of head/neck rest/restraint being built into the cage. So while the basic seat is a store bought item, it should be mounted and fitted to the driver, along with that head/neck brace. Is this not the case with the #8? Modern seats are built to wrap around the rib cage of the driver to a certain degree, again is this not the case? So, if all of this is not correct, and he was injured by that hit, then yes, it would appear that car may be unsafe.

But someone else posted something, I am not sure if it was in this thread or another.
Don't act like a target if you don't want to be hit.
So, don't remove your belts on the track ever, and don't stop when you can exit the track. Then it looks like you are trying to get out of your car, and unless you are the winner that is usually never a good thing.

Normally I have to say we need to merge the Late Models and Chargers to get this many people worked up, I don't know if that means I am getting better in my old age or worse?

greggforce01
07-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Go watch the video - I just did, you can clearly see that the 95 didn't take off she must of missed a shift or something. After how many years of racing do you still not know how to restart? :help:

That looks to be the reason why the 81 got into the 95.

RGeeProductions
07-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Go watch the video - I just did, you can clearly see that the 95 didn't take off she must of missed a shift or something. After how many years of racing do you still not know how to restart? :help:

That looks to be the reason why the 81 got into the 95.

If you are seeing this on the Pitbull video, look at the clearer video angle on Chris' or Roger's facebook, shot from directly across the track. Looks CLEARLY that the #95 DID take off but almost rammed the #66 and slammed on the brakes to avoid that. Then the pileup. I am not seeing anyone really at fault here, just an unfortunate circumstance.

bulldozer
07-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Like Jerry S the 66 said on the pitbull he checked up Erin checked up and i hit into her if thats spinning someone out then i am to blame.We arent perfect out there but we sure know how to race and race clean or we wouldnt have so many wins and championships would we now. We do write on the computer yes because its better than running down to there pit area and beating them up isnt it. Yes you are right nothing will happen to a Turbush like getting put 2 laps down TWICE this year or the 8 car getting black flagged off the track for hitting the 51 under caution because he spun him out.I have seen alot of 2 laps penaltys and blag flags out this year im glad i only got 2 of them. LOL .But i guess you FORGOT about that. Watch the video the green was out when the 8 went below the 42. But you are right dude i dont know why we get on here and write stuff when everyweek we beat these people on the track. You are so right they arent even worth the topic of conversation.On that note my final one on this topic good luck to all july 18. Keep a good eye on that 81 maybe i can make it 5 out of 8. Maybe ill get 4 pages of conversation after that race.

Turbo
07-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Whats the rule on restarts? Cant pass a car until the start finish line right? you can pass to the outside though and complete the pass.. if you watch the video the 8 never was ahead of the 42 right ? where does it say that you can be lower than they are? Unless I am missing something, anyone feel free to correct me. How long have you been on that crew mike? How much crap have you been involved in? Hey, last race when i was runnin on 7 cylinders, i knew to give way if he was there.. he looked to the outside and i gave him all the room he needed, i never cut him off.. if he passed me on the outside, oh well I just wanted to hang on and finish. I will have that video on my facebook in a few days if you wanna check it out.

Ka$h25
07-09-2009, 12:39 AM
how come the 8 81 or 88 never do any wrong?? What about the 81 drilling the 95???

Like those have said before me, the video clearly shows the outside groove bunched up a little, everyone got into one another, one drive spun.

nothing will ever happen to a Turbush. They should just give them the track so they can really run it.

You realize in the past 3 weeks Chris was sent down a lap, twice. And I believe Danny was thrown off the track one night. And Roger's probably one of the cleanest driver at the 'head.

The 8 was below the 42 before the white line coming out of 4 before the green was out. What hapened to all passing to the outside before the start/finish line???

Yes there's a rule that says no passing on the inside before the white line. However the rule does not say 'no establishing position on this inside before the white line'. So unless the 8's nose was ahead of the 42's nose, which we all know it wasn't, then your complaint is moot.

What did you think was goin to happen when you got to 1????

Are you joking? Please watch the other view so you can see clearly that the 42 was so concerned with the 8 that he drove into the back of the 56, not once, but twice.

From that point on every corner the 8 has the 42 jacked up

You're kidding? You mean after the 42 drove the 8 all over the race track, the 8 started "jacking him up?" I'm thinking it was well deserved.

.. some people might say well the rest of the feild pulled away the 8 must have been faster.. WRONG Its a little hard to go foward when your getting drilled in and out of the corner every lap.

WRONG. It's a little hard to go forward when you don't take your eyes out of the mirror. Again, the 8 was in his head and at that point his sole mission was to hold him back, and block the race track.

Another thing to hte idiot who threw the soda can at the 42 and the busted his ***. You looked like such a tool. Nice job. If you stand in the middle of the pits when cars are coming off the track, dont cry that someone "tired to run you over". Common sense.

So common sense says if someone stands in your way, feel free to run them over? That's called vehicular assault, and I promise there are no mitigating factors in the penal law that excuse the action because he was throwing soda cans or standing in your way.

Fkraft99
07-09-2009, 01:19 AM
and I promise there are no mitigating factors in the penal law that excuse the action because he was throwing soda cans or standing in your way. -Ka$h25

Who the hell is this guy??? lol

I remember a race last year when that DIRTY SOB in the 81 ran behind the 66 of Timmy Solomito for well over half a race... I know Timmy must have gotten spun out.. oh wait thats right we won, with the 81 on his bumper the whole race... sure he laid the bumper to him, but never dumped him or shoved him up outta the way. I remember a race this year where the other DIRTY SOB in the 88 ran behind Lou Maestri for like 12-15 laps... even got under him, and gave him sooooo much room up top that he got warned for being TOO low... believe it or not Lou won that one too... I could bring up the final DIRTY SOB in the 8 and his deal with the 42 this week but the video should be fresh enough in everyones head to see the blocking going on... frankly im amazed the 42 didnt end up in the infield long before lap 19... Danny must be getting soft in his old age...

Now sure I spot for the 88, and I consider all 3 good friends, and have for a long time so i guess maybe im a little biased. But since people felt the need to bash them, I guess I felt the need to give a few examples of my own... Glad you're ok Dynamite. See you guys in a couple weeks. Good luck.

catfish
07-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Nothing about this incident but nice avatar Fred:help:

fisherman
07-09-2009, 09:26 PM
. to just think you guys just need all these grandstand drivers on the track and you could have 5 heats 2 consis and 25 car features. oh wait they don,t have the guts to do it for real. so go have some more warm beers from the grand stand,:lol::lol::lol::lol::cheers::cheers::cheers: :cheers::cheers: i guess this will be deleted befor long

RGeeProductions
07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
And even some that sit at home and don't go to the track.....

LetItShine
07-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Just a question. Did the 42 and or his crew make ant attempt to correct or apoligize for his actions on and off the track. :disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:confused::confused:

fisherman
07-10-2009, 05:38 AM
And even some that sit at home and don't go to the track.....

hey if the officals could get there act togeather i would come back

LongIslandJam
07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
Well, we've gone off the rails on this one. However, I think we got some insights into the unfortunate events last week.

This Saturday presents a new day of opportunities. Let's put the past behind and move on.