PDA

View Full Version : David Pinkham Returns to TVMRS

SUfan
07-06-2009, 07:43 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE July 4, 2009

DAVID PINKHAM RETURNS TO RACE AT LEE USA SPEEDWAY

LEE, NH- David Pinkham, of Buxton, Maine has chosen the Lee USA Speedway to make his return to Tour-Type Modified racing. The popular Maine driver will compete in his first race of 2009 this Friday night July 10, as the True Value Modified Series invades New Hampshire’s “Center of Speed” for a special event paying bonus money to every driver in the starting field, including an extra $500 to the race winner courtesy of race sponsor LATICRETE.
“Lee extended an invite to me, and I decided that this was the place to make my return,” stated Pinkham. “I think it’s great how they are giving the LATICRETE sponsor money to the drivers to help everyone involved, and I hope the fans support it as well.
“We finished top five in both races we ran there last year, but I really want to win this one for track announcer John Spence. He has been a great friend, and I look forward to being a part of an event that means so much to him.”
Spence, who announces both at Lee and for the TVMRS, is recovering from quintuple (five) bypass heart surgery.
Pinkham will join an expected 30 entries for the “Port City 100 Presented By LATICRETE”, helping make this one of the most diversified fields ever for a New Hampshire TVMRS event. Half of the field will be made up of drivers making either their first or second TVMRS qualifying attempt of the season.
Pinkham, who previously raced Modifieds weekly back in the 1980’s, made a triumphant return to racing with a victory in his first-ever TVMRS event in 2006. He will no doubt be one of the favorites to give local standout and multi-time race winner Jon McKennedy of nearby Chelmsford, Mass., a run for the $2,500 top prize.
Andy Seuss, Jimmy Kuhn, Richard Savary, Louie Mechalides, J.R. Baril, and Mike Murphy are among the “non-regulars” who have already announced their intentions to compete for the 24 starting positions on Friday night.
A NASCAR Whelen All-American Weekly Series program will also be on tap, headlined by the NASCAR Late Models, fresh off one of their most entertaining races of the season that also had their highest car count of 2009. The Late Model Sportsman, Hobby Stocks, Road Runners, and Ironman divisions, with some running a “features only” format, are also on the schedule.
All of this for a bargain admission price of just $15 makes this the “True Value” event of the year for the Modified Racing Series. Students aged 13-16 are admitted for $10, and kids aged 12 and under are admitted absolutely free of charge. Plenty of free camping space is also available.
Racing on Friday July 10 starts at 7:15, with the “Port City 100 Presented by LATICRETE” True Value Modified Series special event scheduled to take the green flag shortly after 9:00 PM.
For more information log onto: www.leeusaspeedway.com or call the track office at: (978) 462-4252.

limodmaniac
07-07-2009, 07:27 AM
Should be a real good race at Lee this Friday.

BigMac
07-07-2009, 06:11 PM
The weather is looking great in NH. Lee speedway has really done a lot to give the fans affordable entertainment this season. Now they are putting up a solid purse for the modifieds. They had a great crowd for the NEMA midgets/Ryan Newman a few weeks ago. Kudos to them for taking advantage of the Cup series being in town. They were really plugging the TVMS that night. I expect a big crowd this Friday.

bud
07-09-2009, 05:25 PM
is he driving the same car?