PDA

View Full Version : Jan Leaty to drive the Mystic Missile at Spencer

cornellsgt12
07-07-2009, 02:01 PM
per Jan Leaty on RaceNY.com. If the race is run as scheduled on Saturday Jan will be behind the wheel of the #4 Mystic Missile.

ShawnCourchesne
07-07-2009, 05:09 PM
Not so fast . . .

Team Owner Bob Garbarino Still Working On Getting A Replacement Driver For Spencer Speedway ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

uticamike
07-07-2009, 11:00 PM
Jan Leaty today himself posted on RaceNY that he was driving the Garbarino 4.
The day before he reported that he was warming it up and would be qualifing it.

This may just be a case of Shawn being a little behind the news curve a bit.

No harm, no foul.

ShawnCourchesne
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey Mike, I guess that must mean Bob Garbarino (you know him, the guy that owns the car) is a little behind the "news curve" too considering he told me at 4:30 p.m today (yeah, today as in Tuesday) that Jan Leaty, as of today, is not in his car for Spencer. Darned Bob, I guess he's just not keeping up well enough on who the internet message boards have decided will drive his car for him.

Precision Auto
07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
So many comments........So little time............:rolleyes:

PitGirl35
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
What makes you think Mr. Garbarino is going to answer to you?

uticamike
07-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Excuse Me!! The word may in my post might have tripped you up. Apparently Jan Leaty doesn't read the Hartford Courant (yeah. today as in Weds he posted this on RaceNY)

Lapdog
Winner

Post Number: 294

Posted on Wednesday, July 08, 2009 - 10:14 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for all the well wishes.. we will give the boys a good run for the money ! Despite some speculation, Bob and the Mystic team and I will be racing at Spencer.

The Branich 6 car ( that sat on the pole for this race in 2008 ) is completely Whelen Tour legal, save a little body tweak here and there. Looking forward to the ROC race at WCIS ( Perry ) Friday night , and the ROC race at DTRP in a week in the 6 .

Have those sharks cold and ready John !

ShawnCourchesne
07-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Pitgirl, I guess what you're saying is that you think Mr. Garbarino would lie to me if I asked him a question, like I did on Tuesday afternoon.

I'm guessing you must not think much of Mr. Garbarino's integrity or honesty as a person if you think he would do that. Sorry to hear that. I happen to think he's a pretty good and honest man. It's too bad people like you would come on here and call him a liar publicly like that.

PitGirl35
07-08-2009, 11:40 PM
You can think what you want about me. And as a matter of fact, I know Mr. Garbarino quite well, my boyfriend has been on his race team for the past three years. And I think he is the nicest, honest, and one of the most hard working men I have ever met. And I NEVER called him a liar, nor would I ever. I was just saying that just because you write a racing blog (which can be very good and informative at times), it doesn't always mean your going to find out or be told information before others in the racing community (which I am sure you already knew that).

catfish
07-09-2009, 08:19 AM
you misunderstood his point, he wrote that he QUOTED BOB, so maybe and quite obviously the deal was not done at that point but to bash Shawn when he QUOTED Bob is wrong. If he lied about Bobs quote shame on him but i really don't believe he would lie about a quote from someone so prominent in the race community. I was involved in a race team for alot of years myself and i was never privy to every decision made by the car owner until the time was necessary, so maybe that was the case here.

limodmaniac
07-09-2009, 10:46 AM
Love reading what you have to say Shawn. Keep up the good work. I think it's great that a local newspaper shows an interest in the modifieds.

MOD11RACER
07-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Pitgirl: That's telling it like it is. Nice Job.

ShawnCourchesne
07-09-2009, 07:30 PM
I guess lost in translation here is the fact that a teenybopper doesn't understand the difference between what's floated out on an internet message board or a team owner being interviewed and quoted by a legitimate news organization. If you're saying what I wrote on Tuesday afternoon was wrong (because Mr. Garbarino doesn't have to answer to me) then you're saying he out and out lied to me. I think, where I come from, that would be you pretty much calling him a liar. Doesn't get much more cut and dried than that now does it?

worm
07-09-2009, 08:01 PM
after all of this,its looks like rain ,so LIA is back in.

limodmaniac
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
If it gets rained out on Saturday, does anyone know the schedule for Sunday?

LiquidBread
07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I guess lost in translation here is the fact that a teenybopper doesn't understand the difference between what's floated out on an internet message board or a team owner being interviewed and quoted by a legitimate news organization. If you're saying what I wrote on Tuesday afternoon was wrong (because Mr. Garbarino doesn't have to answer to me) then you're saying he out and out lied to me. I think, where I come from, that would be you pretty much calling him a liar. Doesn't get much more cut and dried than that now does it?

Hey Ink Stained, you of all people don't have to justify your street 'cred. Agree or disagree with your work, your integrity remains intact. You're a pleasure to read. Keep storming the fort!!!!!

Jaws
07-10-2009, 09:19 AM
If it gets rained out on Saturday, does anyone know the schedule for Sunday?

Noon on Sunday.

BOWATCHER
07-11-2009, 02:56 PM
sunday now does that put lia back in the 4?

Jaws
07-11-2009, 03:00 PM
sunday now does that put lia back in the 4?

I tink that is the plan, hey Bow, you can get here by 9:00AM!

BOWATCHER
07-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Sorry I am gonna watch the up and coming talent perform at RR tonite ps. I am not in the mood for the throgs neck today!!!!!

Jaws
07-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry I am gonna watch the up and coming talent perform at RR tonite ps. I am not in the mood for the throgs neck today!!!!!

Thats cool, actually the Throgs Neck was better today, it was Rt. 80 that cost me an hour!!! :mad:

Off to Oswego for the $10,000.00 to win winged Sper Mod race.

41 cars entered!