PDA

View Full Version : Richie Evans and The Nascar HoF

The Bullfather
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Just my personal opinion here and I may even get shot for it!!!
1 Bobby Allison, 1983 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion and winner of 84 races
2 Buck Baker, the first driver to win consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup championships
3 Red Byron, first NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, in 1949
4 Richard Childress, 11-time car owner champion in NASCAR's three national series
5 Dale Earnhardt, won record seven NASCAR Sprint Cup championships
6 Richie Evans, nine-time NASCAR Modified champion
7 Tim Flock, two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion
8 Bill France Jr., NASCAR president, chairman and CEO (1972-2003)
9 Bill France Sr., NASCAR founder and first president (1948-1972)
10 Rick Hendrick, 11-time car owner champion in NASCAR's three national series
11 Ned Jarrett, two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion
12 Junior Johnson, 50 wins as a driver, 132 wins and six championships as an owner
13 Bud Moore, 63 wins and two NASCAR Sprint Cup titles as a car owner
14 Raymond Parks, NASCAR's first champion car owner
15 Benny Parsons, 1973 NASCAR Sprint Cup champion
16 David Pearson, 105 victories and three NASCAR Sprint Cup championships
17 Lee Petty, winner of the first Daytona 500 and first three-time series champion
18 Richard Petty, 200 wins and seven NASCAR Sprint Cup titles -- both records
19 Fireball Roberts, won 33 NASCAR Sprint Cup races, including the 1962 Daytona 500
20 Herb Thomas, first two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion, 1951 and '53
21 Curtis Turner, early personality, called the “Babe Ruth of stock car racing”
22 Darrell Waltrip, winner of 84 races and three NASCAR Sprint Cup championships
23 Joe Weatherly, two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion
24 Glen Wood, as driver, laid foundation for Wood Brothers' future team success
25 Cale Yarborough, winner of three consecutive NASCAR Sprint Cup titles, 1976-78

For a first ballot Hall of Fame half those names shouldn't be listed! When you look at Hall Of Fames of the big sports like baseball, basketball, Football and Hockey. It starts with the forefathers of their respected sports.
Buck Baker, Red Byron, Tom Flock, Bill France Sr., Herb Thomas and Curtis Turner should be the guys with a close Fireball Roberts and Lee Petty. We knew fans will vote for Dale Sr., D.W. Richard Petty, but without the people who built the sport, they won't be where they are now as greats. Next year should be the year for King Richard if his father got in this year. Just my opinion! Anyone???

Precision Auto
07-07-2009, 08:56 PM
I think the choices are good ones. They cover a wide range of racing, from the beginning to recent.

I think next year is where it's going to get real interesting. JMHO ;)

kinserfan11
07-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Where is # 16 Mike Sefanik? :(

catfish
07-07-2009, 10:06 PM
Where is # 16 Mike Sefanik?

Mike Stefanik would still be racing !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

uticamike
07-07-2009, 10:42 PM
Bulldaddy, I hope those numbers next to the names don't really mean anything. I do agree in part with your point about honoring the sports founders, France Sr of course but anyone who doesn't have Richard Petty on their list is nuts. He was the first motorsports superstar in the entire country.
I love Richie as much as anyone but a case could be made that he shouldn't make the first ballot. (that ought to draw some fire):rolleyes:

The Bullfather
07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Mike the #'s was the list that I got, not in any order or ranking!

King Richard deserves to be in the HoF, no doubt about it! But I think we got to pay respects for the fore fathers of racing first! I hope this thread gets some good responses! Who don't build a hall of fame and put Mickey Mantle before Babe Ruth! lol

Precision Auto
07-07-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm looking at the names along with their association with NASCAR; i.e. Bill France, Sr., the founder of NASCAR, those who were Sprint Cup Champions, those who were in other NASCAR divisions (yes, Richie Evans).

There are going to be many good discussions on who should make the first cut and why they should not make the first cut.

Personally, I don't look at who came along first, I look at diversity....JMHO..Linda Case ;)

Racer1_NC
07-08-2009, 12:33 AM
What about Wendell Scott?

randomrodder
07-08-2009, 05:59 AM
What about Wendell Scott?

In that case, how about Marty Robbins? :applause::D