PDA

View Full Version : The Bug Passes Test

Walt
07-11-2009, 06:51 PM
For Immediate Release

July 11, 2009 - Baiting Hollow, NY

Rick Jarzombek has toiled for over three years to bring back the very first racecar that he and his brother Charlie ever built, raced and won with. “The Bug”, as it is affectionately known, stormed out of the Jarzombek Farms race shop a little after 1 PM this afternoon. No animals were harmed in this test.

The Hilborn injected Modified screamed to life today. It rolls on period and size-correct M&H Racemaster tires mounted on Halibrand magnesium wheels. Experiencing this was a thrill of sight, sounds and especially smells as this car runs on methanol.

Queried about the session Rick responded, “The car really makes the grade. Fortunately this was not a violation of NASCAR’s testing policy, although, if they’d like to have me submit to a random substance and alcohol screening, I’ll only be okay until about 4 PM.” No one from the sanctioning body was available for comment.

The first public viewing of this legendary racecar will be at the Long Island Antique Power Association Summer Show. This will be next Saturday and Sunday between 10 AM and 5 PM at the Hallockville Museum and Farm on Sound Avenue in Aquebogue. Admission for adults is just five dollars and children under 12 are admitted free.

The Bug will be displayed alongside another car of yore. Ed Partridge restored, Ernie Wilsberg’s original #5, ’82 Troyer Modified right down to the Holmes & Bahre paint job. Eddie has graciously allowed us to bring this car to Hallockville for the LIAPA show.

Jarzombek said, “It has really been great to see people’s reaction to this car. I can’t wait for people to see it next week. Maybe we’ll even sneak it down to Riverhead and take a couple laps before the race.” That would be too cool.