PDA

View Full Version : plugs or earpiece for the scanners

critter
07-11-2009, 10:30 PM
ok whats ever one usin for the scanners ? i got the little yellow ear plugs and cant stand em ,fall out of my ears , thinkin about usin ones that go around your ear , maybe they will stay in longer :)

DerbyN8-128
07-11-2009, 10:53 PM
I have some that are just like ear plugs, they REALLY block out alot of the outside noise. Problem is I hate jamming down into my ears...so they end up moving around. But for the most part they work. Im looking for something else, but for now these work.

Tracy57
07-12-2009, 07:08 AM
Duct Tape works for us :)

Put your earphone(s) on and take a sqaure piece of duct tape and put it on your ear and then your helmet. It stays in place.

I will be making a scanner holder today and weld that to the roll cage since its a pain in the butt taping it all the time.

Due to the unfortunate events that took place this weekend racing- we will not be at BDR today.

rpkulik
07-12-2009, 11:41 AM
If nothing else works for you, visit a hearing aid shop. They can make you a custom molded earpiece. Some more competent shops can build in the speaker, but you will most likely need to hollow it out and fit the speaker in yourself.

RocknRoll
07-12-2009, 12:12 PM
The in the ear plugs can be a problem with falling out and it's tough to reach in and reposition. I've seen a lot of drivers use the duct tape method also after putting in the plugs.

We like built-in speakers in the helmet, this way nothing comes in contact with the ears and don't have to worry about them falling out. Most of the helmets I've seen have recesses in the ear padding area where you can recess the small speakers and they don't come in contact with your ears. Ours velcro into the helmet padding.

If you do a quick search on Google for "helmet speakers" you'll get results for a bunch of sources. Many motorcycle riders use built-in speakers for their radios. I saw a set from Virtual Village for around $10. and they have the standard headphone plug that fits a MP3 player or scanner.

critter
07-12-2009, 03:05 PM
i got some today at the dollar general im goin to try they wrap around your ear , ill give them a try , thanks all and if nothin works ill get some duct tape :wave:

mcstockcar
07-13-2009, 04:47 PM
WHAT??? I CANT HEAR YOU!!!:lol:

critter
07-13-2009, 05:14 PM
huh ? funny jack :lol:funny