PDA

View Full Version : What if......

TJ1976
07-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Concord Speedway ran the modifieds on Friday night.....do like what Stafford does.

I wonder if that would help the usual low crowd and car turnout..

rlizon17
07-12-2009, 12:19 AM
Is there enough money from sponsors or payouts from tracks for a team to use twice the tires & fuel a week? I ask as a NYorker, because it seems like the economy in CT is all together better allowing Thompson Stafford & Waterford to run separate nights with near 25-30 mods each night. Mod counts in NY are not very high at any track. Other than the RoC Tour, a good night for a Mod or SST Mod show would be 20 cars. Has to make sense financially to get the car counts to sustain 2 weekly tracks. If car counts & crowds are low, best to take a step back. The R.o.C. Tour pulled out of CT NJ & PA this year sticking to only NY. They have been rewarded with about 20 cars running full time & car counts near 40 for the first two events. If the tour instead tried to advance into other states, I do not think that the same success would be present early in 2009. Just my thoughts.....?

TJ1976
07-12-2009, 12:38 AM
The reason I bring this up is that The Southern Tour usually stops during the summer to allow Bowman Gray Stadium to run on Sat nights. There are some drivers on the tour who prefer not to run the stadium and there a few drivers who love running Concord because its a fast track