PDA

View Full Version : Coastal 181 to release long-awaited autobiography of Bill Wimble, July 22, 2009

Walt
07-12-2009, 12:01 AM
COASTAL 181 TO RELEASE LONG-AWAITED AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF BILL WIMBLE, JULY 22, 2009

Newburyport, MA, July 10, 2009 – Motorsports publisher Coastal 181 announced today the upcoming release of I’LL NEVER BE LAST AGAIN, the autobiography of Bill Wimble. The long-awaited memoir of the legendary racer from Lisbon, New York, was written in concert with award-winning journalist, Lew Boyd.

Bill Wimble enjoyed a meteoric career during the prime era of sportsman-modified racing on the East Coast. He was NASCAR National Sportsman Champion in 1960 and 1961 and won seven state and fourteen track titles throughout the ’60s. The lion’s share of Wimble’s wins came aboard the state-of-the-art, signature red, black and white # 33s fielded by McCredy Motors in Sherburne, NY. The Wimble/#33 combo grew into one of the most popular and lasting brands in the history of short-track racing.

One of the reasons for Wimble’s unusual popularity was his personal style. At a time when most drivers strutted about with swashbuckling braggadocio, Wimble – though firm and focused – was accessible, respectful, and articulate. Many fans made the assumption that behind that driving suit was something different – and special.

They were right. In I’LL NEVER BE LAST AGAIN, Wimble details his valiant struggle as a teenager to save his family’s dairy farm along the St. Lawrence River. Later, following his near-fatal crash at Lebanon Valley Speedway in 1968, he literally started over again, re-crafting his career and honing his entrepreneurial skills. Along the way, he developed an enduring set of life principles that carry poignant messages for all of us. His is truly an American success story.

I’LL NEVER BE LAST AGAIN is 234 pages, hard-cover, with black and white photography. A formal book launch and autograph session with Bill Wimble will take place at the Utica-Rome Speedway in Vernon, NY, on Wednesday, July 22 at the 100-lap ROC modified event. After the launch, the book will be available for $26.95 plus $6 S&H at www.coastal181.com (http://www.coastal181.com) or by calling 1-877-907-8181 toll free during business hours.

Located in Newburyport, MA, Coastal 181 is a leading publisher of oval track racing books, covering superspeedways, open-wheel racing, and short-track stock cars. I’LL NEVER BE LAST AGAIN is the 16th Coastal 181 title, following upon such popular titles as Richie!, Win It or Wear It, Gotta Race!, and Paved Track Dirt Track, among others.