PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations and Thank You!

CJfilms
07-12-2009, 10:08 AM
On behalf of the NEETS Racing Series, I would like to congratulate all of the drivers who competed in yesterday's event at Wall Stadium and I want to thank everyone who came out to support the series!

The car counts were up in ALL divisions! Although there were only 8 Small Cars, still low but higher than previous, they put on a very smooth running clean race! Dave Bentley Jr. returned to defend his previous win, but Vern McLaughlin III reminded everyone that he is a previous track champion at Wall Stadium and nearly lapped the entire field! Good, clean, family fun racing throughout the whole race!

TRUX!!! Yes, we had our TRUX debut this time around with 6 beautiful pick-up trucks running quite swiftly around the high banks of Wall Stadium. With a 50 Lapper, the TRUX put on another clean running show with an amazing 3-wide for second place race out of turn #4 for the checkered! Congrats to John Cozza for grabbing the win, but the fans really enjoyed the big finale with the three TRUX racing so hard for that 2nd place finish that they ended up finishing SIDEWAYS!!! Congrats to Jeff Gregor, our sideways 2nd, he managed to pull out of the tangle between the other two TRUX with enough momentum to slide across the line taking second place!

Big Cars = Big Car Counts! 29 Big Cars took the green, a field of cars that almost tripled our previous turnout! The Big Cars certainly put on the fastest and wildest show last night. It was a shame to see some of those beautiful cars did not survive the front stretch melee!

Anthony Bell, #50, got tangled up on the front stretch and made HARD contact with the wall, all the while several cars spun to avoid and got tangled up other cars. Anthony was removed from his car and was taken away by the EMS crews, after speaking with him this morning, he reports he is in some pain possible broken bone/s in his hand, but otherwise he is in good shape and good spirits! Just to point out, many people watched him get out of his car and collapse (at least that was how it was reported over the official's frequency), Anthony informed me that when he got freed from his car, he merely twisted his ankle and just fell to the ground rather than hurt himself some more...life really knows how to throw salt on a wound, doesn't it Anthony?

Tim Flanagan, for a guy who just completely wrecked out his car, was EXTEMELY excited!!! Tim was on his roof, laying on the ground, running from car to car! At first, I thought he was having a "Talladega Nights" relapse!!! But he was fine, the car did not have the same luck though. I do want to mention this as I am sure LOTS of people are wondering....Why was his car removed from the track? We had no choice but to move his car from the speedway, the car was dumping fuel. NEETS Rules state the cars are left where they die on the track, but this is a touchy situation since there is a fuel leak involved. If the car was not leaking fuel, it would not have been moved. In the same sense, the speedway officials were trying to remove Bob Kulik's car since it was attached to Tim's car...but they were reminded that we leave the cars.

Once the smoke cleared, we had two dead cars which remained on the front stretch, making the rest of the race quite interesting! But, low and behold, the remainder of the race was clean and quick! No one so much as a car even scraping either of the two dead cars which created a bit of a bottleneck at the end of the front stretch. Uncle Petey finished the race victorious, as his years of enduro racing would once again prove his stature in the world of enduro racing! Congrats Uncle Petey!

And Finally, the Ladies Race! It started out hectic trying to locate all the gals who were racing....being that most of the cars they were going to use got wrecked out of the race. But, once we found them all, they made their way onto the speedway and show the crowd how they do it! Congrats to Melissa Simms, not only taking the win in the Ladies Race, but also pulling double duty by racing with the Small Cars and in the Ladies Race!!!

And last but not least....Thank you ALL! Fans, drivers, crew members speedway officials and anyone else I may have forgotten! The turnouts were much better than our first event, the fan counts were incredible and the action was intense! None of this would be possible without YOU ALL!!! NEETS is a family and our family is HUGE!!!

Thank you to all our NEETS officials, we really came together at this event and our calls are one in the same from all of our different angles! Thank you to Jim Morton and all of Wall Stadium, for having NEETS and to our future at Wall Stadium!

RocknRoll
07-12-2009, 11:55 AM
That was a full night of racing!! GREAT JOB by the NEETS crew!!! The car counts were up from the last race, all divisions were able to go their full distances and the show seemed to go pretty flawlessly!! Everyone I spoke with totally enjoyed the night!!

Great turn out by the fans.... they definitely got their $5. worth with all the different series racing (6 different races). Lots of families with kids in the stands, they saw some great racing!!

I hope all the big car drivers involved in the wreck on the front stretch are OK today. They took some hard hits!!!!

Even the rain held out until racing was over (Joe, were you doing your anti-rain dance???). Looking forward to the next event!

CJfilms
07-13-2009, 09:18 AM
A little anti-rain....a little gotta pee!

Either way, they both worked!

:-B