PDA

View Full Version : # 2

RACENUT
07-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Saw the photo of jrs" car , looks really bad, what happened?

badnews
07-12-2009, 12:58 PM
the 49 was determined to get the spot from the 2 and just didnt even think to look to the outside ,never does and just drove thru him never lifted even when going over jr just a shame you gotta try to win on lap 3.
:mad:

W. J.
07-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Was there a BLACK flag involved???

RGeeProductions
07-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Black flag for who? Both were in the wall and a caution out.
Nice shot of the accident on LIJam front page, LI Need For Speed video. From what I get out of it, Chris was on JR and coming out of the turn JR locks his brakes when he feels he is being pushed. Notice all wheels lock up, then slides around. If he stayed on it, I think he would have just rode the wall and not turned into it. Not at all picking any sides here, just something I noticed.

Ka$h25
07-12-2009, 01:53 PM
the 49 was determined to get the spot from the 2 and just didnt even think to look to the outside ,never does and just drove thru him never lifted even when going over jr just a shame you gotta try to win on lap 3.
:mad:

I think there was more to it than that, but I'll wait until the videos before I start commenting about the on-track mishaps. However, what happened in the pits was pretty disgusting by both parties. Certainly one provoked another but he didn't handle it very well.

W. J.
07-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Okay, now I've seen the video. Correct, no black flag needed.

modified_fan
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
I had a perfect vantage last night from the top of the pit stands. Over the years I've witnessed a lot of dangerous situations.

NOTHING has EVER bothered me more than what i saw last night. To say that someone snapped is an understatement. The 49 is very lucky no one was seriously hurt.

Why has racing at Riverhead come to this? Why can't emotions be checked and people act as Men and Women?

Ka$h25
07-12-2009, 05:18 PM
I passed along a message to Chris and the Youngs that there were no hard feelings. No one was right last night, not the crew who attacked him, not the driver who reacted how he did and not me for putting myself in harms way. I was lucky that only my foot got ran over.

However, Donny brought up Tommy Rogers. And the difference is only what Tommy did on the race track, because that's what the Cromartys see. Maybe if they had video cameras and TV screens showing stuff that went on in the pit area, there would a lot more justification.

I also don't understand how the entire pit bleachers empty, everyone is in the pits anticipating what's going to happen and none of this tips off security? We have two Chief Stewards and neither of them can come down and defuse the situation?

Hotsauce
07-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Nice shot of the accident on LIJam front page, LI Need For Speed video. From what I get out of it, Chris was on JR and coming out of the turn JR locks his brakes when he feels he is being pushed. Notice all wheels lock up, then slides around. If he stayed on it, I think he would have just rode the wall and not turned into it. Not at all picking any sides here, just something I noticed.

You must need to go to Pearl Vision for a stronger subscription. If you watch the video you will see that Young has JR turned toward the fence when way before he has the brakes locked.

RGeeProductions
07-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Chris bumped JR in the middle of the turn and JR got squiggly and corrected it then Chris stayed into JR and JR started a slid and hit the brakes instead of staying with the momentum or just letting up even. Sorry, he would have still hit the wall but rode along it, instead of into it. [JR didn't TURN into the wall, he was sliding, after brakes are locked, then into the wall] Not supporting or putting down anyone, just a visual note. I wear glasses already, thank you.

watchingitall
07-12-2009, 05:58 PM
Maybe if there was a little bit more security in the back of the pits this would not have happened. You guys all have to remember the driver is strapped in the vehicle and is defenseless when he is being attacked. If the security was back there maybe Chris wouldn't have been attacked and this wouldn't have happened. Whats Chris supposed to let them just attack him like they did last year when Brode attacked Chris costing Chris money and nights in the shop as they ripped all the wiring out of the car. What happened last night lays more on the hands of the people with JR and his crew and Riverhead Raceway. When will Riverhead Raceway get it through there head to get more security in the pits.

The crews also need to learn to let what goes happens on the racetrack to stay between the drivers and drivers only not to go after each other. Lots of fights can be avoided if the crews stay out of them and let the driver to driver handle it.

rrealto
07-12-2009, 06:32 PM
This lack of security problem has been getting worse and worse. Now we have people fighting in the parking lot as we go into the track because people are cutting the lines.
Not too long ago there was always one track person who managed an orderly entrance to the pits and there were no problems.
Officials have been let go or quit and they have not been replaced. There is NO security so who would respond in the pits. The Chief Stewards seem to try to stay away from this stuff. Its a total free for all and these guys have lost control.
Way too much garbage going on in the pits in addition to the on track problems. This is how you lose customers and kill a race track. Last night was dangerous. Speeding cars, a driver throwing tools and hitting bystanders and crews fighting. Where does it end.
Why is there no security. Don't the paying customers deserve a safe environment at the races?

Dave A
07-12-2009, 06:51 PM
In the video i see the 20 pushing the 49 that turns the 2..

Jeff T
07-12-2009, 06:54 PM
We used to have a security force several years ago, but for whatever reason ($$$$), their services were no longer needed. We also had more responsible officials then also. It seems that the only reason why anyone is an official these days is so that they can get paid to watch the races instead of paying to watch the races. They just don't understand yet that because they are being paid to watch the races, they are also supposed to get involved when incidents like this happen. Instead, whenever a pit incident happens, they become milk carton missing persons ads ( Have you seen: the Riverhead Raceway Track Officials?).
As for the return of the Security personnel (yellow shirts as we called them) they would be a welcome sight in the pits. A lot less B.S. happened, and more action was taken in incidents like these when they were patroling the pit area.
JMO

W. J.
07-12-2009, 07:12 PM
While it sounds as though security is needed, something else is needed that costs absolutely nothing: Personal Responsibility. Acting like an adult, not screaming in someone's face, throwing objects at them, driving after them with a car. I have watched 2 and 3 year olds who haven't yet been taught better do similar things, but RATIONAL adults know better, or should. Continuance of this type of misbehavior can result in something everyone fears. No more race track. Why would a promoter continue to put up with a 'Dodge City' mentality, at who knows what cost, when they could save money (from lawsuits) in the long run by limiting the chance it will happen in the first place?
Wake up. Don't 'jump in' when this sad behavior takes place, put a stop to it for your own good so you will still have a place to assemble and enjoy your favorite pastime, stock car racing.
Reading about all this, in addition to incidents I've personally witnessed makes me sick. It's got to stop, and it's got to stop NOW!

The Bullfather
07-12-2009, 07:18 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: I agree W.J.

LongIslandJam
07-12-2009, 07:52 PM
W.J. is right. While the officials control the action on and off the track, ultimately the drivers need to accept their actions. From the sounds of it, tempers flared from on the track and spilled off the track. This happens - however, there's healthier ways to vent.

On that note, there's not going to be a positive that comes from this. It's time to just move on, learn from it, and go at it on the track next week and beat each other cleanly.