PDA

View Full Version : BB Feature

Ka$h25
07-12-2009, 02:08 PM
What a joke. The video will speak for itself when it comes to the initial accident. From turn one, which in my opinion is a far better view than turn 3/4, you saw they were hooked I think Rob took a couple tugs to break it to no avail. Once the 69 got turned a little Rob was either going with him, or going through him.

Then he comes out, and first chance he gets drives through the side of the car, and rips off the bumper, and right back into the pits. Then I'm told two stories; one, Rob was deliberately driving into the back of the 69, and that was countered with people saying the 69 was brake checking him. So using rational reasoning I thought to myself, what's more likely? Rob was trying to put the 69's rear bumper through his radiator, or the 69 was trying to put his rear bumper through Robs radiator. Hmmm.

Now even at that point, Rob pulled to his stall. While guys from the 69 are in his window net, at his car, fighting with his family, mother and pregnant sister included. Rob never got out of his car. We got the bumper off and he drove back to race.

Then he was told he was set down for the night for what happened on the ramp. What a joke.

vsmidge68
07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Exactly what did happen on the ramp? I was sitting in the stands last night and apparently missed alot of pit idiocy..

Ka$h25
07-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Exactly what did happen on the ramp? I was sitting in the stands last night and apparently missed alot of pit idiocy..

Apparently there was contact by the two cars coming off. I've heard the 19 was driving into the 69 and I've heard the 69 was brake checking the 19. The only logic I can put to it is that the 19 knew his bumper was hanging off, I don't think he's gonna risk a radiator in that situation. The fact that he came in, and never got out of the car while guys were reaching into his window and other were fighting with his family, shows that he was calm and collected.

RacinRob
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
A 400 dollar radiator to be exact, I wouldn't waste my money on such nonsense, a 4200 pound car throws the brakes on leaving the track on my way to the welder what am I supposed to go in reverse? I wanna see how all this gets justified.

gruber
07-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Rob I have the whole incident on my cell phone video. I could not believe what happened in turn four when a girl ran by you family and called them A$$ holes So I decided to follow to see what was going to happen. So I started taping the whole incident. I was in total horror . Hitting someone strapped in a car ,girls fighting cursing yelling screaming. I than started to ask everyone names . I was told that the people fighting are the same people that run the go karts for the track. How disgusting. I was told that no one was thrown out or even warned So I am going to send tape and names to Nascar in Daytona . I really believe if this goes on any longer someone is going to get killed.

figure849
07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
gruber let Riverhead deal with this, be careful what you wish for, While we still have a track.

smiley27414
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
i was not there last night but am a fan of the 19.rob is not a dirty driver at all.rob would be the first one to help anyone if they need.there was no reason for what went on i saw the video, but some people cant deal with a great driver out there!!! go get ummmm rob! bader to the front!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

RacinRob
07-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Hey artie, maybe when your driver gets assaulted or your girlfriend gets punched you will not turn your cheek.....you call it a racetrack I call it a ZOO. :disgusted

figure849
07-12-2009, 07:34 PM
Rob, I do understand. just saying the last thing the track wants is anyone going to NASCAR.
And if you do you better do it anonymously.

RacinRob
07-12-2009, 07:45 PM
im not doing anything artie, i have no affiliation with GRUBER nor do i know who the hell he or she is.....its over as far as im concerned, I was the bigger man and I went out into turn one and took in the rest of the night. 19 blunderbust team will nto be around to take this junk anymore. I think that in the 3 years in tha division I have been a class act and good mentor to new drivers. Ask the 19 other guys I race against and get a feel for what im about. I always would help in any way I could, the driver that did what he did to me this week is one person I was always good to, last year we got into eachother i cut down his tire, what did i do? I gave him a tire. Neal Feola needed some tires to get going this year what did i do? Gave him a set of tires and rims to get the car out there. What driver donates all there winnings to cancer research when they couldve used that money towards racing? But being a nice guy gets you nowhere. Im sick of wasting time, and money for heartache. Riverhead Raceway and the polotics stripped me of what I love, racing. It takes a real coward to do the things to me that were done. Couldnt we just talk it out? Why is violence always the answer? The answer is bc if people get away with it the next person feels he will. I layed my head on my pillow last night and with a clear consience. As for some people I hope they feel real silly. He said she said that what that place is about. Racing incidents are racing incidients, the garbage in the pits is another story. I hope your all happy. I dont wanna quit on any ones terms but my own. I am not saying im gone forever but why bother when your pissing in the wind?

figure849
07-12-2009, 07:58 PM
When you have taken the needed time 0ff and are ready to come back.
The figure8 division is the place to be.
I'm not saying it would be any diferent then the bb division, but the pay out is much better. And you would be welcome.

LongIslandJam
07-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Well folks, let's remember what this sport is about - it's supposed to be fun. How many of you are earning a living at this? How many are losing a living at this? That's what I thought.

As with the modified guys, let's put the nonsense in the pits behind us and move on. If you want to measure true greatness, show it on the track with a mean wheel, not in the pits with angry fists.

On that note, let's move on, learn, and have a great show this Saturday.