PDA

View Full Version : Alfred Maynor

figure849
07-12-2009, 08:42 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again,
To see the emotions, sadness , pride and respect that the Maynor family has for the late great Ernie the Wrench Maynor. Makes all my efforts to restore the #82 worth every second.
I would like to thank Bob from Marzmotorsports for his time and effort to get the #82 to the track once again.
I can't wait to see the video of Alfred pacing the feild, but from my vantage point in the #49 Chris Young Maverick behind Alfred waving his hand to the spectaters, He looked to be haveing the time of his life.
Alfred has already said he will be up again next year from N.C.for the Barrasso and sons Ernie Maynor Memorial.
There is the Maynor racing blood in Alfred, He is already talking about maybe I get rid of the junk yard motor in the #82 and give it a little gitty-up and make it turn a little better. I will see what I can do Alfred.

Alfred log in to the jam and register so we can hear about your expereince this week end.

Mack
07-14-2009, 09:08 AM
:applause:Artie, we were very honored to be able to bring Ernie ( The Wrench ) Maynors #82 figure car out to Riverhead for the Memorial race. It guys like you who make it all worth while. We need more people to open there hearts and minds, to keep this wonderful sport alive and well here on Long Island. I personally "Thank You" and The Maynor Family for a wonderful evening. :applause:

RickFigure8
07-14-2009, 07:27 PM
It was really neat to meet Alfred. Artie as you said he looks so much like Ernie, but close your eyes and you'd swear it was Ernie talking. If you need a hand doing any of that on the car let me know, it's been about 31 years since I worked on one of Ernies cars, and about 22 since I worked on a car with you. I can't believe how fast time goes.

figure849
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
Rick I would be interested in putting a good motor in that car , see what you can do, see you at the track.