PDA

View Full Version : Long day but fun.

Jaws
07-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Wow 9:30 AM at the track to 11:30PM back home on LI!!

It was a blast, met some really nice people today, saw a decent race, took a bunch of pictures that RGee will post later (1st batch is only 20 but I can barley keep my eyes open, more on Monday night).

Congratulations to Erick Rudolph on his first win on the WMT!

limodmaniac
07-13-2009, 01:13 PM
This was my 2nd trip to Spencer this year, having made it up to the ROC show in June.

A day race sure makes it easier to see the cars, as the lighting at Spencer isn't the greatest. Too bad more fans didn't show up because it was a great race.

Teddy and Todd put on a great show early in the race. Ryan Preece also was running real strong. Watching Hossfeld work his way thru the cars on the outside was worth the price of admission once again. Godd run by the Riverhead kid, Eric Goodale, in what, people may forget, is his rookie season. Congrats to Erick Rudolph on the win.

Can't wait for the next ROC race in August at Spencer.

Jaws
07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
Before the races the track sprayed the entire 2nd groove with some sticky stuff, I guess it worked.

The track will be totally re-paved at the end of the season which should help with some of the bumps all around the track. I hope they pave some of the access roads in the infield too as on hole ripped a bunch of sheet metal off the 36 car.

I agree, the small crowd was a big disappointment, but it was supposed to be Sat night and the economy is so bad.

fuller2x
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Jaws Who Told You The Track Will Be Re-Paved ?

Jaws
07-13-2009, 09:48 PM
John White posted it a couple of months ago. It was either on RaceNY or the Spencer message board.