PDA

View Full Version : Another Temp / Tech question...

Doug132
07-13-2009, 03:07 PM
We are allowed to run an additional trans cooler right... So can I put the trans cooler where the passenger seat used to be? Or maybe in the back seat? The lines could come right out of the side of the tunnel and into a small electric fan type external cooler? Could possibly help me to avoid spilling my trans fluid all over the track on a regular basis... Thoughts anyone? :help:

mcstockcar
07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Id be worried about it blowing a line or rupturing if inside the car. That fluid is 200+ degrees. That would not be good if it sprayed on you. Just my 2 cents , looking out for others.:wave:

critter
07-13-2009, 05:18 PM
i would have to agrre with jck on that one , try runnin a second cooler , might help

Doug132
07-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I am not worried about the lines blowing, they will be steel brake lines... Is there a rule?:confused:

Hey, mcstockcar... do you still have that caprice or have I waited too long?

critter
07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
i would say u will have to get a hold of josh or joe on that one , maybe if u keep it close to the firewall ? not sure , good luck on that one

richardpetey
07-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Please don't put the trans cooler inside the cab of the racecar..............:disgusted
If the lines/cooler ever rupture the hot fluid will impregnate your flame suit and burn you worse than an open flame.....................:(
Build a cowl in your trunk/deck lid with a scoop to funnel the air into the cooler mounted in the trunk........................:cool:
UNCLE PETEY.....................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Doug132
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
That sounds like a good idea... I like it!

EnduroFromDE
07-13-2009, 09:32 PM
a hood scoop on the trunk, yeah that sounds stock:rolleyes:
But I diffently WOULD NEVER put one in the car next to me without something thick there between you...its not like a gas line...its under extreme pressure...best off listening to Petey hes been around for a while...:applause: