PDA

View Full Version : CJs or TB's car?

Jaws
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Will the # 1 or #7 be at Riverhead Sat?

Last year they had the #1 Coupe I believe.

RGeeProductions
07-14-2009, 09:50 PM
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18711

Jaws
07-14-2009, 11:13 PM
So I am guessing that is a no, just may have to make that side trip.

nitros77
07-15-2009, 12:03 AM
From what I hear the x3 vega x90 pinto and cavalier the 23 vega and I think something out of the charlie j stable should be there also. we had a few out of state cars to show to pay tribute to these great men and was told by bob finan that there are only to be long island cars allowed :( wich really sucks was looking foward to getting back out on the track turning some laps even if it was in a vintage mod .:mad:

rrealto
07-15-2009, 07:55 AM
So you are saying Finan is turning down vintage cars that wanted to come ? Thats wonderful .

catfish
07-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Did you not see Rgee's post above with the artice and the picture if a white race car with a number one recently restored and making its debut at Riverhead Raceway. before slamming people and making negative posts READ whats out there already. Rgee was giving you a hint and you couldn't even be bothered or have the curiosity to read the post.

nitros77
07-15-2009, 09:03 AM
catfish, Not sure who your post is directed towards.but yes i read rg's post and mentioned something about charlie j's car or cars coming..i am saying that other cars that we had lined up were turned down did you not read my post.

RGeeProductions
07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Geeez all, calm down.....

No one is turning anyone away. Bob had mentioned they were looking for cars with Long Island history of racing against Evans, Baldwin and Jarzombek. Somewhere someone twisted words and took the meaning out of the content.

The restored #7 of Ray Shea is unable to make the event, being a bit under the weather and due to the expense to make the trip. As for a Jarzombek car, I am hoping Walt will address that more specifically, as Ricky & Walt will be at Hallockville for the LIAPA show with the newly restored bug Saturday.

It is extremely difficult and expensive for most to travel with their restored cars for just a Saturday night race show, and then weather could be a factor to this all. Also, it would be difficult to properly display a group of cars for the public to see all night, which should be done. For so little track time and exposure, it really isn't justifiable and understandable for most not to make the trip for the night.

This info from Bob Finan, Kevin Bacik and myself

Walt
07-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Hello everyone! My understanding is that the Model A Modified known as "The Bug" will do some pace laps at this Saturday night's 77-Lap Memorial race. Rick Jarzombek has slaved for over three years to make this as perfect as possible. It is stunningly beautiful and incredibly period authentic.

Its debut will be at the LIAPA show at Hallockville on Sound Ave. in Aquebogue earlier in the day. It will also be on display at the LIAPA show on Sunday. There are no hot laps for this racecar on tap.

There is also a possibility that Harold Seaman's Jarzombek #1 Right-Hand-Drive Coupe could be there as well. Rick was working on that Saturday. If I find out any more details about the Coupe, I will pass them along.

I am not aware of any Tom Baldwin tribute car at this time. That doesn't mean anything. I just don't know of anything to do with one.

I'm sorry if the information has been a little vague at times. Some of ambiguity has to do with the personal wishes of the parties involved. I will try to keep everyone up-to-speed here and on TCH.

I look forward to seeing everyone at the track!

RGeeProductions
07-15-2009, 08:07 PM
And on that note, last year my cousin Bill sent me some family photos taken in 1963. In the photos are my cousins: Kevin O'kula, Billy, Stanley [Butchie], Peter and George.

1963 Jarzombek's Front Yard, NY (http://www.racerhub.com/photos/showgallery.php?cat=1430)

The Bullfather
07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Sweet Good Lord, those are awesome Richie!

Mack
07-16-2009, 12:28 AM
:applause:This weekends Memorial Race for Charlie Jarzombek, Tommy Baldwin & Richie Evans, is going to be one the biggest races of the season. I ought to know. I helped to get some Lengendary Modifieds from yesteryear to return to the raceway for this event, along with the help of Riverhead Raceways own announcer Bob Finan. I personally think its going to be something special, for anyone who remembers the good old days of racing at the Head. Scheduled to appear for this weekends 77 lap, Memorial race are as followed: "CHARGING CHARLIE JARZOMBEKS" Model A Ford & The #1 Coupe,"THE FLYING DUTCHMAN FREDDIE HARBACHS" X90 Cavalier & X90 PINTO, "GENTLEMAN JIM HENRICKSONS" X3 Vega, "LEW HENNESEYS" TRUE ENGINEERINGS #23. Also scheduled to make a special appearance is a modified driven by both "GREG SACKS & CHARGING CHARLIE". Can you guess what racecar I'm talking about ? Well if not, you better be at Riverhead Raceway for this weekends big event. "Remember Be There Or Be Square":applause:

Jaws
07-16-2009, 09:05 AM
It all sounds like great stuff, lets hope the weather cooperates.

btgoss
07-16-2009, 11:05 AM
After just being tired of all the waiting on the 4th of July I was actually thinking about skipping this show, but now I am going to go.
$25 bucks for this show, with all of these cars showing up, that is going to make it worthwhile.
Let's hope the weather holds, and the racing is good.

Walt
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Hello all! Just wanted to post an update. Harold Seaman's Jarzombek Right-Hand-Drive Coupe WILL be at the LIAPA show AND The 77-Lap Memorial Race at Riverhead Raceway Saturday Night!

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Jaws
07-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Charlie, Tom and Richie will not let it rain!

crewchief2
07-16-2009, 07:38 PM
the car you are talking about is the Wilsberg #5. Both sacks and jarzombek drove this car
:applause:This weekends Memorial Race for Charlie Jarzombek, Tommy Baldwin & Richie Evans, is going to be one the the biggest races of the season. I ought to know. I helped to get some Lengendary Modifieds from yesteryear to return to the raceway for this event, along with the help of Riverhead Raceways own announcer Bob Finan. I personally think its going to be something special, for anyone who remembers the good old days of racing at the Head. Scheduled to appear for this weekends 77 lap, Memorial race are as followed: "CHARGING CHARLIE JARZOMBEKS" Model A Ford & The #1 Coupe,"THE FLYING DUTCHMAN FREDDIE HARBACHS" X90 Cavalier & PINTO, "GENTLEMAN JIM HENRICKSONS" X3 Vega, "LEW HENNESEYS" TRUE ENGINEERINGS #23. Also schedule to make a special appearance is a modified driven by both "GREG SACKS & CHARGING CHARLIE". Can you guess what what car I'm talking about ? Well if not, you better be at Riverhead Raceway for this weekends fo this big event. "Remember Be There Or Be Square":applause:

Mack
07-16-2009, 10:36 PM
the car you are talking about is the Wilsberg #5. Both sacks and jarzombek drove this car

Just like the cat, You had to let the car out of the bag. Didnt You ! Thats right the Wilsberg #5 is going to come back to Riverhead this weekend.

catfish
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Cat or no cat Mack. that was not hard to figure out as Eddie has had that car all over the place.

Jaws
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Whatever cars will be there (And it looks like a pretty sweet group) the weather looks better than originally forecast, see you all there.

Hey Catfish, will you be there?

Teds Race Tours
07-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Just like the cat, You had to let the car out of the bag. Didnt You ! Thats right the Wilsberg #5 is going to come back to Riverhead this weekend.

Its kinda funny you say come back, because that car was never actually raced at Riverhead. nonetheless, its one of my favorite cars of all time, and it will be great seeing it again.

Jaws
07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Its kinda funny you say come back, because that car was never actually raced at Riverhead. nonetheless, its one of my favorite cars of all time, and it will be great seeing it again.

Ted are you sure? I know I saw it in the pits one night, maybe it raced, maybe it just warmed up. I'm not sure. I have a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it tonight I will post it.

Wheel Racing
07-17-2009, 02:05 PM
Here goes a test of my memory and showing my age at one time.I'm positive that the car was raced at Islip the night Fred Harbach's crew was run over on the infield with Greg Sacks in it.I seem to remember him firing it up during the red flag to park it for the night and pull it into the pits.That's they way I remeber the car racing on LI

CSLMOTORSPORTS
07-17-2009, 05:08 PM
I belive you are very correct Neil that is how I also remember that night then all the other drivers followed

J.D.
07-17-2009, 06:06 PM
He did warm it up at Riverhead one night long ago, I remember me and my son were very let down that he didn't race that night. We thuoght he was there to race. After he tryed it out ,we saw the car leaving the Raceway.I think they were testing something with the Car.

Jaws
07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
He did warm it up at Riverhead one night long ago, I remember me and my son were very let down that he didn't race that night. We thuoght he was there to race. After he tryed it out ,we saw the car leaving the Raceway.I think they were testing something with the Car.

I think that was it, I have to find that picture!

Teds Race Tours
07-18-2009, 12:42 AM
Here goes a test of my memory and showing my age at one time.I'm positive that the car was raced at Islip the night Fred Harbach's crew was run over on the infield with Greg Sacks in it.I seem to remember him firing it up during the red flag to park it for the night and pull it into the pits.That's they way I remeber the car racing on LI

That car was soooooooo dominant in 1982. I was so happy when he entered the 200 lapper at Islip. The next week was Oswego's Bud 200, so they had already announced if it rained out, Greg couldn't come back on the rain date. Anyways, they were only on lap 10-11 when the terrible tragedy struck. The rest of the event was run the next saturday before the regular show, and that was the extent of the number 5 racing on Long Island.

Ted are you sure? I know I saw it in the pits one night, maybe it raced, maybe it just warmed up. I'm not sure. I have a picture of it somewhere. If I can find it tonight I will post it.

I remembered one night where Charlie ran practice in the car, but as John said above, he did not compete that night. One of the sadder side stories of Charlies death is that he hadn't raced on Long Island in a few years where his fan base truly idolized him. The year he died he was likely going to run the whole tour, which would have meant his fans would have gotten to see him run the home track that he was SOOOOOO dominant in in the Mid 70's( i think he had about 29 wins in a 3 year period). When Charlie Jarzombek died, he left a massive legend behind.

W. J.
07-18-2009, 09:13 AM
I remembered one night where Charlie ran practice in the car, but as John said above, he did not compete that night. One of the sadder side stories of Charlies death is that he hadn't raced on Long Island in a few years where his fan base truly idolized him. The year he died he was likely going to run the whole tour, which would have meant his fans would have gotten to see him run the home track that he was SOOOOOO dominant in in the Mid 70's( i think he had about 29 wins in a 3 year period). When Charlie Jarzombek died, he left a massive legend behind.
He was not only going to run the tour, which if you remember ran mostly OFF Saturday nights, he was going to run at Riverhead that season whenever he could , which would have been just about every week.
Man, what we all missed with his sad passing.....

Jaws
07-18-2009, 09:58 AM
He was not only going to run the tour, which if you remember ran mostly OFF Saturday nights, he was going to run at Riverhead that season whenever he could , which would have been just about every week.
Man, what we all missed with his sad passing.....

Wow, that would have been unbelievable.

Ted you are right about his fan base here on Long Island, they would have loved seeing him in their backyard. I always remember the Charlie J Fan Club. They were pretty big and quite active with bus trips and other things to support Charlie.

Lets celebrate those memories tonight, see you there.

concordcharlie
07-18-2009, 01:27 PM

neal ur right they were pittting nest to us when i was with jim tyler

BOWATCHER
07-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I can still remember that night the 5 car rolled into the head . They were turning some laps getting it ready for an upcoming New Egypt tour show. I know I have a picture some where.

RGeeProductions
07-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey BO, where you there with Jaws? He can't find his picture either!!!! LOL