PDA

View Full Version : Brad Kline Memorial

Geno
07-14-2009, 10:35 PM
One Day Event to Honor One Great Racer!
Sunday, August 16

The race format isn’t carved in stone as of tonight, but I just got word tonight that this race is a go. Both Dean and Brenda Kline are excited that Sundance Vacations Speedway is having this event to honor Brad and as Dean puts it to honor “One Hellava Racer”!

First event- 23-lap contest $231 to win (rest of purse will be announced shortly).
30 cars to start…

Second Event- 50-lap shootout to the finish- $750 to win

Plus other awards…

This will be a great show in memory of Brad and for any and all Street Stock lovers!

Please pass the word and stay tuned for more info in the upcoming weeks. As far as sponsors go- I’ll be the first to give $100 and once we cover what we need to for the first event purse, the remainder will go toward lap leaders and special awards in the second race.

Remember- everything isn't carved in stone, but more details will come soon...just mark your calanders!

Thanks,
Geno

KYM
07-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Thats great geno what ever you need let us know will help in any way..miss ya brad.....barbush racing...

81sscrew
07-15-2009, 07:29 PM
what would the requirements be for non members, you know those who usually don't race at Sundance? I think it would be great to see the 30+ plus street stocks taking the green for Brad and based on the normal shows there will need to be some extra cars to make the 30+ happen, I realize you would run SVS tire, etc but a you going to have to buy a pit licence and pits spot etc? Thanks Matty

intense1
07-16-2009, 11:44 AM
No, you would not need a paid pit spot or SVS pit license for this race. It's a non points event.
And yes, you are correct...the tire will be the SVS Street Stock Hoosier 980.

Geno
07-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who has emailed, asking to help out in some way. Someone mentioned to me that we should come up with something to go into Brad’s son’s (Cole) trust fund (nice idea). I was thinking a silent auction or something- any ideas?:confused:

Also, the details are being sorted out and will be announced in roughly a week.

pv18
07-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Count me in for a sample or two for the auction. If I am not around for the event I can ship it up to your house.

Geno
07-20-2009, 07:32 PM
There have been a few changes and instead of me posting everything on the forum, please view the link below for race details...

Click HERE (http://www.mountainspeedway.com/News_Press/2009/klinememorial.htm) for race details.