PDA

View Full Version : Great job team# 84

Bushman
07-19-2009, 06:17 PM
CONGRATULATIONS TO JOHN FORIN AND HIS ENTIRED RACE TEAM ON THERE WIN AT RIVERHEAD JULY 18,77 LAPS BALDWIN,EVANS,JARZOMBEK MEMORIAL RACE,:applause::applause:johnbushracing@yahoo.com, TEAM#68:wave:

W. J.
07-19-2009, 07:18 PM
John made the right move at the right moment, and then drove a smart race to hold onto that top spot. Great job by the whole Fortin organization. Congrats on your well deserved win.

big502cubes
07-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Who wants to watch follow the leader? The 8s put on a better show at least someone found the outside groove.

greggforce01
07-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Congrats on your win.

btgoss
07-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Yes, congratulations on your win.

The Modified race was a good race.
There was only one thing that I wished would have played out differently.

(I hesitate to say I didn't like something about this race, since there seem to be a number of people here who do not understand what a different, or critical opinion is, so I will make the following statement.)

The opinion you are about to read is my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is not wrong. If facts that lead to my opinion prove to not be valid, or the events that shape my opinion are shown to be misunderstood or wrong, I have the right to change my opinion.

That having been said.

I didn't like the way the #35 effected the outcome of this race.

Working through lapped traffic is part of racing, and honestly as a race fan I want the leaders to have to work their way through lapped traffic. It is what normally can change a dull freight train race into an exciting race. The leaders, when coming up on the tail of the field, need to work through a group of cars who are not only trying to NOT effect the race of the leaders, but many times are also battling the cars around them for their own position. This is the stuff that makes great stock car racing. Period. (I shouldn't feel the need to explain this, but it seems that whenever you voice an opinion that is different from the "herd" you are immediately accused of not knowing racing. This is my attempt to prevent that.)

I didn't really have that feeling from what happened with the #35. He should have been blacked flagged before he changed the flow of the race.

I don't think the #96 would have caught and passed the #84 cleanly, but I am not so sure the #84 would have been able to make a clean pass on the #95. But that would have been a better race, from the fan's point of view.

Wheel Racing
07-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes, congratulations on your win.

The Modified race was a good race.
There was only one thing that I wished would have played out differently.

(I hesitate to say I didn't like something about this race, since there seem to be a number of people here who do not understand what a different, or critical opinion is, so I will make the following statement.)

The opinion you are about to read is my opinion. You are entitled to your opinion. My opinion is not wrong. If facts that lead to my opinion prove to not be valid, or the events that shape my opinion are shown to be misunderstood or wrong, I have the right to change my opinion.

That having been said.

I didn't like the way the #35 effected the outcome of this race.

Working through lapped traffic is part of racing, and honestly as a race fan I want the leaders to have to work their way through lapped traffic. It is what normally can change a dull freight train race into an exciting race. The leaders, when coming up on the tail of the field, need to work through a group of cars who are not only trying to NOT effect the race of the leaders, but many times are also battling the cars around them for their own position. This is the stuff that makes great stock car racing. Period. (I shouldn't feel the need to explain this, but it seems that whenever you voice an opinion that is different from the "herd" you are immediately accused of not knowing racing. This is my attempt to prevent that.)

I didn't really have that feeling from what happened with the #35. He should have been blacked flagged before he changed the flow of the race.

I don't think the #96 would have caught and passed the #84 cleanly, but I am not so sure the #84 would have been able to make a clean pass on the #95. But that would have been a better race, from the fan's point of view.

Scary to say,but I agree with BTGoss about something here

btgoss
07-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Scary to say,but I agree with BTGoss about something here
Careful.
Agree with me twice in one day and GolfGuy will ask that you too be shunned just like me and poor Rudolph.

mbgolfer
07-21-2009, 06:28 PM
Viewing Capt. Videos Highlights,It looked like Howie could have passed the 35 twice. Once coming out of turn 2 & again out of turn 4. But can't tell how much room he had in turn 2. Coming out of turn 4, it looks like he got loose. Nice job John, Hope to see you run the tour race,with the new car.