PDA

View Full Version : Better Late Then Never

DriveitinDeep
07-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Good to see Ken Matlach & MM back. Too bad Mike Coll didn't make it as we would have had a two year high car count. Two more cars ( new drivers) are suppose to make an appearance in August . Only time will tell if they make it as promised.
Keep coming boys, maybe we'll make it back to the prominence we once had.
(maybe the driving on everyones part (me included) might improve as well) Have a good 3 weeks getting your cars back together. See you on August 8th

Jaws
07-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Good to see Ken Matlach & MM back. Too bad Mike Coll didn't make it as we would have had a two year high car count. Two more cars ( new drivers) are suppose to make an appearance in August . Only time will tell if they make it as promised.
Keep coming boys, maybe we'll make it back to the prominence we once had.
(maybe the driving on everyones part (me included) might improve as well) Have a good 3 weeks getting your cars back together. See you on August 8th

Hey Roger, will your engine be ready then?

And if it is will the car you drove be back on the track too?

It was nice to see the extra cars this week, it was a quality field (Tool bad the 97 droped out after practice) but hopefully it will be a less evenful race, there was a bit of bent sheet metal last week.

DriveitinDeep
07-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Jaws,
the engine will be ready for the 8th. Can't wait. Don't know if Dave has plans for the 1x on the 8th or not. We still have to get it back to him in hopefully as good a shape as we got it from him to begin with. Dave did me a solid by loaning us the car. Thanks for asking

unowho243
07-20-2009, 11:30 PM
I agree it was nice to see extra cars there this week racing was decent couple of cautions but wasnt to bad at all.. i feel for the 10 and 35 teams they took a hard lick hope there back for next race

also what bout the kid in the 16 car Kyle Harvel i believe it was someone call him up.... that would be another car out there

DriveitinDeep
07-21-2009, 03:18 AM
he has been contacted, multiple times

Ka$h25
07-21-2009, 03:51 AM
Yeah I really felt bad for Kenny. Chuck was just a victim of some pretty crappy circumstances and caught the blunt of it. Hopefully Kenny has the ambition and the resources to get the car back together and out there.

btgoss
07-21-2009, 07:02 AM
...as we would have had a two year high car count. ...

Is the two year high 14 or 15?

W. J.
07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
I recall it as 16. I'm not totally sure.

lilneon03
07-21-2009, 11:48 AM
on behalf of the 35x team i am happy to say that although there was a lot broken on the car if everything goes as planned you will see us back for the august 8th race... i personally would like to thank everyone on the concern of my dad... he took a ruff hit but hes doing fine, he even came off the track laughing saying that was the most fun hes had in a whiile... not ónly that it was his best finish yet... but were going over to kennys tonight to see what has to still be done and to get á move on things... be sure to see the green machine back out there for chuck to start the pole -Christi Deon

Jaws
07-21-2009, 01:04 PM
on behalf of the 35x team i am happy to say that although there was a lot broken on the car if everything goes as planned you will see us back for the august 8th race... i personally would like to thank everyone on the concern of my dad... he took a ruff hit but hes doing fine, he even came off the track laughing saying that was the most fun hes had in a whiile... not ónly that it was his best finish yet... but were going over to kennys tonight to see what has to still be done and to get á move on things... be sure to see the green machine back out there for chuck to start the pole -Christi Deon

Thats great to hear, I talked to him in the pits later and he said he knew it was not good when it got quiet for a second!

Glad that he was not hurt .

Richie25
07-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I agree it was nice to see extra cars there this week racing was decent couple of cautions but wasnt to bad at all.. i feel for the 10 and 35 teams they took a hard lick hope there back for next race

also what bout the kid in the 16 car Kyle Harvel i believe it was someone call him up.... that would be another car out there

kyle has been racing up at sundance. i know there not much fans of racing at riverhead but would be nice to see him come back before seasons end.

An Observer
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Heard from an old timer who was at the races Sat evening that the 35 got Right Turned Big Time,no?:disgusted

Richie25
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Heard from an old timer who was at the races Sat evening that the 35 got Right Turned Big Time,no?:disgusted

check out the capt video of the lm's on the home page. i thought he had hanged it right to but watching that vid he just spun the tires and the car hooked to the outside wall.

lilneon03
07-21-2009, 10:59 PM
to exactly say that i know the reason scott "right turned" into chuck is unknown...i herd talk of a broken part but not exactly posiitive... him and chuck talked and squashed all

The Bullfather
07-22-2009, 04:21 PM
Watch my video on Bench Racing, Scott had something break. He had no reason to "right turn" Chuck Deon. Looked like a rod broke, because the car quickly snaps on him as he gets back into the pedal.

Golf Guy
07-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Watch my video on Bench Racing, Scott had something break. He had no reason to "right turn" Chuck Deon. Looked like a rod broke, because the car quickly snaps on him as he gets back into the pedal.

Plus Scott is not a dirty racer and would never race someone that way.

btgoss
07-22-2009, 08:06 PM
...he had hanged it right to but watching that vid he just spun the tires and the car hooked to the outside wall.

I haven't checked the Captain Video..uh...video... but the video on Pitstoppitbull shows this crash from behind.

At 3:54 in the video, the #10 really spins the tires getting back onto the track, the car looks like it gets a bit sideways to the left, and it appears that he over corrects, keeping his foot in it. I guess he was trying to drive out of it or something.

He may have been pretty hot, he had just been spun out of the race after all. So I am sure his temper was a bit up. The contact didn't look like it was enough to break anything, it looked like the hit was pretty square on the rear bumper, and it was almost not enough to spin him around (so maybe it was just meant to be a bump and run type of thing).

Bad situation all around. Glad no one was hurt.

Sucks for the division. They get 13 cars to start and then manage to crash almost half of them. not good.

WEEZER
07-22-2009, 08:59 PM
What's a bump and run kind of thing in the race your discussing btgoss!!!

W. J.
07-22-2009, 09:41 PM
Watch it from Capt. Video's video, it shows a better angle. He clearly lost control of the car as Chuck was passing on his outside. Didn't look like it was anything more than a steering malfunction. Scott doesn't drive like that.

btgoss
07-22-2009, 09:57 PM
What's a bump and run kind of thing in the race your discussing btgoss!!!
Are you asking me what was "bump and run" about the late model race?

After having watched the video, you can see there is contact between the #10 and the #88. This was mostly the bump going into the corner type of contact. Nothing that should punt the car in front out of the way, but should allow the trailing car to upset the leading car just enough that a pass can be completed. For whatever reason the final bump caused both cars to spin, starting the chain of events that lead to that frightening crash between the #10 and the #35.

That is what I am talking about, if that is what you are asking.

After having watched the Captain Video clip I would like to add this.

The Captain Video hightlights show this incident from a very different angle.

At about 30 seconds into the video, it kinda looks like the #10 goes a bit further then just bumping the #88.
(Each side will say something different I am sure. He hit me. he came down on me. Either way.)
The #88 gets sideways, and the #10 goes by on the inside.
At about 45 seconds they are entering turn 3, with the #88 coming in a bit hot.
Midway through the corner they touch, and both go around.

Now if you stop the video at around 1 minute, and look at the track, you can see the skid marks from the #10.
He was hard on the throttle, and I think he just lost it. (I admit that there is a chance that something broke, while the final contact with the #88 was not terrible, the previous contact may have broken something on that side of the car. The bump the #10 applied the #88 was kinda like a hip check, so it may have broken something in the rear.)
Subtle comfort for the owners of the #35.
He (the #10) clearly had not intended to destroy both cars, but it really looks like he just left the infield hot and lost it.
(Which would not be unreasonable to epxect someone to be that hot after the exchanges between the #10 and the #88)

RPMcGrellis414
07-23-2009, 12:28 AM
Dont jump all over me for saying this, but I remeber in the last LM race the #88 was leading and near the end of the race the #10 took him out in turn 4 I even think in Capt. Videos...videos for that night you hear someone saying how it was BS what Kulesa did to Patrick. So the spinning of Kulesa may have been payback from Patrick not only for that night (when Patrick got spun) but also this race (because Kulesa was all over him) although I would guess Patrick didnt plan on going around. I know from wacthing Kulesa over years that he is not a dirty driver and I dont think he intentionally right turned into Chuck espically because he came up after the race and apologized, but what he did to Patrick in the last race was not right.:disgusted

RacinRob
07-23-2009, 07:07 AM
I'm surprised that people a scrutinizing Scott for that race when he won. He REPEATDLY went to the outside and was damn near put in the wall, then went low and was put in the infield. So after about 4-5 attempts he did what he had to do...if anyone was racing dirty it was the 88, yes I know he was protecting his lead but there are ways to do it. The 42 charger held off bub by protecting his lead the right way, he made his car wide and took away bubs line by drifint up a lil coming out the turns....the 88 tried to wall the 10.....so to say Scott was wrong is dumb...he obviously had the faster car, and he did what everyone complains about time and time again....he tried the outside. Its no fun when people left turn you into the infield or try to put you in the wall when your making a CLEAN pass.

Turbo
07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Dont jump all over me for saying this, but I remeber in the last LM race the #88 was leading and near the end of the race the #10 took him out in turn 4 I even think in Capt. Videos...videos for that night you hear someone saying how it was BS what Kulesa did to Patrick.

It was the need for speed video. I havent seen the video in a few weeks but it looked like scott had the inside lane under the 88 and the 88 was trying to block when scott was there already coming out of turn 4 which caused him to spin and scott was not backing out of that one which in my mind was the right thing to do after how the 88 was racing out there. You can block someones line up to a certain point but that was alittle out of hand by the 88. And this week if the 88 thought that was the right thing to do for what happened races before, then he shouldnt be racing because thats an example of how drivers should NOT perform out there on the racetrack.

catfish
07-23-2009, 08:57 AM
88 has been out of control blocking people like that for 15 years and i am sure Scott has scene it enough as well. He had that Type II motor for years and being lighter it made his car fast enough to be dangerous, not bashing but the truth ask ANYONE who has raced in the division and they will tell you the same thing.