PDA

View Full Version : A Change of Pace...

CJfilms
07-20-2009, 01:27 PM
So, I have been hearing from a lot of drivers that they would like to see the order of events flipped.

So....what is everyone's input on doing this?

Anyone want to see the Big Cars run first?

Anyone against the idea?

This would be for this Sunday's race!

NeetsSpectator
07-20-2009, 01:39 PM
How about having the group with the most number of cars run first?

EnduroFromDE
07-20-2009, 02:01 PM
i wouldn't mind runing last but as far as the fans are concerned they would want the main event(division with the most cars) run last...

DEMotorsports
07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
:wave:As a big car entrant I wouldn't mind being the first division on the track. But as a small car spectator the track conditions for the small cars could be very bumpy. If the track can, somewhat, be groomed after the big cars chew it up then let the little cars run second.
This rotation can be tried and if it doesn't work go back to the previous running order.
The concern for the small cars should be how well the track is prepared for them after the big cars make the big ruts.
Just thinking.:wave:
Duane

rockinrick120
07-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Would be nice to run first so I can get to watch the 4 cylinders. Whatever is decided will be fine however.
Rick

critter
07-20-2009, 04:29 PM
well i think if u run the big cars first ,no one will stick around to wacth the 4 bangers besides dieharders like me , just my two cents

NeetsSpectator
07-20-2009, 07:39 PM
no one will stick around to wacth

You gotta get them to the track first before you worry about why they might be leaving early.

If that happens at Wall (1000+ people), then I would start to worry.
If I recall correctly, there were a lot of people that stayed after the big car race and watched the womans race. Maybe that's what everyone was coming to see.

CJfilms
07-20-2009, 07:54 PM
You gotta get them to the track first before you worry about why they might be leaving early.

Now that is the truth! Can I get an AMEN people!?

Seriously though, we need to start attracting more fans into the stands. I will try talking to the speedway officials this weekend about adjusting the admission fees, but cannot promise anything.

If everyone brought one extra person to sit in the grandstands, there would be at least an extra 100 people there which will make the races look more attracting to other on-lookers and prospective drivers!

It won't hurt to ask a friend to come along for the day, it helps the speedway and the series!

miller78
07-20-2009, 08:01 PM
i have like 10 friends most of the time come to enduros to cheer me on in the stands if that helps

critter
07-20-2009, 08:09 PM
ive been tryin to get people to come out , but most of my frinds r in the race with me , my only cheering crowd right now is bigdaddys family and the 14x fans , ill try

CJfilms
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
i have like 10 friends most of the time come to enduros to cheer me on in the stands if that helps

Thats a big help!!!

Critter....you don't have to worry.....you brought a lot of cars with you since you have started racing with NEETS...you have certainly pulled your weight this season! THANK YOU!

critter
07-20-2009, 08:49 PM
tryin my best , my brothers might be comin to next race to cheer me on , i know at least two other guys tryin to get cars ready for sunday ,if they dont make it they will be there aug

mcstockcar
07-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Ive got 4 more cars following me up and a bunch of my relatives coming. The big cars may tear up the track for the small cars but it dont matter who goes out first to me as long as we RACE!!!!:)

EnduroFromDE
07-20-2009, 09:46 PM
never thought about track conditions...I dont think these little 4 banger suspensions will hold up under much more stress then we are giving them now...

spier racing 93
07-20-2009, 09:55 PM
4s, then 8s...even though im having car problems and prob wont run this weekend...

Seriously though, we need to start attracting more fans into the stands. I will try talking to the speedway officials this weekend about adjusting the admission fees, but cannot promise anything.

joe, you should print up flyers, or make one up for people to print out and hang up at places around them.

i know in my area (fleetwood/oley), it is a potential hotbed for enduro racers. and whats better then going 'down the road' to grandview to see some racin on a lazy sunday afternoon:applause:

crazyfriend
07-21-2009, 06:08 AM
Make sure the Grandview gates open early seeing you are goin to be starting early. It really don't matter how you run the race -big cars then small cars or visa versa long as we get to see the show . You all do put on a great show :applause: . Hey critter do you think you can drive on two wheels for a few laps n stay off the wall ??? hehe don't worry I am a fan of yours :cool: . Can't Wait for sunday :cheers: . Good luck to all you Neets racers ;) . Thanks Erin n Joe for keeping N.E.E.T.S going this long . Sign: just a crazyfriend: angel:

Spanky1975
07-21-2009, 01:13 PM
Don't really think people will leave if you run the big cars first, if your coming to see the days events, you are most likely staying. I think everyone should be kept in suspense and you should do a coin flip in the drivers meeting, that way it is fair. The luck of the draw can make this call and nobody has anyone to complain to. Unless you want to be hauled out in a straight jacket for *****ing at a quarter.

DerbyN8-128
07-21-2009, 03:32 PM
What would be nice is if the grandview website gave a little more information than what they do. Unless I missed something, the only mention of NEETS is that it is on XX date at XX time. No link or anything...maybe you could talk them into adding a link so people know what the heck NEETS is

actually now that I look at their schedule, I dont even see a time listed ??? how are people supposed to come out to an event they know nothing about, not even the time

critter
07-21-2009, 08:07 PM
welcome crazyfriend to the critter fan club , and im goin to do my best to stay off the wall , i plan on gettin a top 10 some day , and joe if it wasnt for bigdaddy i would of never got into this , but im glad he did , and i agree with nate and enduro website links and flyers u know ill pass out the flyers :angel:

CJfilms
07-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Ive got 4 more cars following me up and a bunch of my relatives coming.

Jack....tell them to send in their info to Erin!!! erinb@neetsracing.com

CJfilms
07-21-2009, 08:48 PM
I have heard both sides of the story here....Big Cars will tear up the track too much...People will leave if the Small Cars are last...etc...

Here's my thinking....get ready here it comes!

I have spoken with Kenny Rogers, Bruce Roger's son not the singer no time for jokes, who has reported that the track is barely torn up or has any major ruts from the enduros....and that is after 200 Laps....

We are going to have to make adjustments as it would be expected....we have been planning on a hot day and the possibility of a controlled Red Flag to wet the track down...we may be forced to do just that considering the number of laps.

After a Modified or Late Model show, the track is usually full of ruts and grooves. The reason is the cars are going much faster through the turn on HUGE RACING TIRES powered by HUGE motors... A enduro full of stock cars with stock DOT tires is not going to cause as much damage as a field of Modifieds. Now, we have heard plenty of Small Car Drivers voice their opinion here.........where are the Big Car Drivers? You guys are the ones who race AFTER THE SMALL CARS.....you should know just what it is like....enlighten us!

Shifting into another gear...test and tune....testing and tuning your car is the way you get it to run just right.....that is what we are doing here. We are testing a new order of events....if things don't work out, back to what we know does. If we know that either division can race first, maybe we will have a coin flip at one of the races to see who races first...????

I have even heard from some of the Big Car Drivers that they would like the chance to watch the full Small Car race without having to worry about getting to their car and suiting up.....

Let me hear it all!

Last but not least......as always, I will not be the one to make this decision....YOU THE DRIVER WILL BE! We will decide based on the word in the pits early on in the morning.....and at the driver's meeting... Either way....BE THERE ON TIME OR YOU MAY BE MISSING YOUR RACE!

As for grandstands being open, I will make sure the stands get opened up with plenty of time for everyone to make it to their seats!

crazyfriend
07-21-2009, 08:51 PM
welcome crazyfriend to the critter fan club , and im goin to do my best to stay off the wall , i plan on gettin a top 10 some day , and joe if it wasnt for bigdaddy i would of never got into this , but im glad he did , and i agree with nate and enduro website links and flyers u know ill pass out the flyers :angel:

We need some Critter stickers for my car so when do ya think ya will have some made up ??? :wave:
Ok tryin to get stickers to cover my entire beat up ready for a crash derby 93 plymouth acclaim lol :help:
If anyone with neets has stickers save me some I will gladly put them on my clunker ( clunkers go slow when fast cars get behind us so they can ready stickers lol ) already have the NEETS sticker on it,watch for motorcycles, n dealer in wares stickers on hey advertise when ya can n where ya can .
Anyways JOE what EXACT time will the race be starting we don't want to miss any part of it ??????? And what time will Grandview start sellin tickets so we can get in find a good seat n watch all the fun ????? As for flyers if ya have a few I'll glady put some up in stores around here and help in anyway I can .

richardpetey
07-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I have a F/S race at Wall sunday night.......................:help:
Needless to say, I would like the big cars to run first..............:applause:
That way I can make that 3hr. drive to Wall in time for 7pm race.............:cool:
Unless some of you RICH dirt guys can arrange a chopper ride, hehe......................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

critter
07-21-2009, 09:36 PM
i say leave it the way it is , it seems to be workin fine , as far as stickers ill try to get them for the next race , and yes i do have team critter racing stickers lol i got em on my car , truck , friends cars , and yes i know i do have much say but i like it the way it is

mcstockcar
07-21-2009, 09:48 PM
I want a critter sticker, it will hold my car together!:lol:

critter
07-21-2009, 10:00 PM
ill try to have em by sunday , if not i will have them by next race

CJfilms
07-22-2009, 03:50 PM
Time to get stuck on Critter.....or at least a little Critter stuck on you!

critter
07-22-2009, 11:43 PM
lol thats funny

crazyfriend
07-23-2009, 08:12 AM
We all have a little "Critter" in each of us :lol:
Now we just need to show it more often ;)

dirtmodfan
07-23-2009, 02:38 PM
I vote for the big cars first. :cheers:

Hope to see everyone Sunday!

Shon

fuglygswracing
07-23-2009, 04:17 PM
I say put the 2 divisions together and do 300 laps, 150 lap intermission for fuel and oxygen tanks, fudge it!!

:applause::applause::applause:

mcstockcar
07-23-2009, 05:16 PM
that would be insane!!!:lol: The first guy in line would be behind the last guy in line. Bumper to bumper racing!

Spanky1975
07-23-2009, 06:43 PM
The way I would decide who goes first is. We will let all the racers tech the 43 big car in the morning. When everyone is done we will count the number of infractions found. If it is an even number the big cars go first if it is an odd number the small cars go first.
Example: 152 cheatin parts = big cars first
137 cheatin parts = small cars first

W. J.
07-23-2009, 07:05 PM
The way I would decide who goes first is. We will let all the racers tech the 43 big car in the morning. When everyone is done we will count the number of infractions found. If it is an even number the big cars go first if it is an odd number the small cars go first.
Example: 152 cheatin parts = big cars first
137 cheatin parts = small cars first

I say, SUPER tech your car with it, divide the number of infractions you have into his, then if an even number........

critter
07-23-2009, 07:40 PM
i still say let it the way it is everything runs good i think

critter
07-23-2009, 08:04 PM
hmmm a critter jitter that could be my top ten dance if i ever get there lol and as far as a little critter in all of of us im not touchin that one lol :cool:

mcstockcar
07-23-2009, 08:33 PM
flip a coin:)

crazyfriend
07-24-2009, 07:38 AM
hmmm a critter jitter that could be my top ten dance if i ever get there lol and as far as a little critter in all of of us im not touchin that one lol :cool:

little critter = wild side :lol: got ya worried ya may have forgotten how many girls ya were with in ya youngin days :angel: J/K
Can't wait for sunday it best not rain :disgusted
Critter start doin the " Critter Jitter" for when ya win and joe do your rain dance pleaseeeeeeee

EnduroFromDE
07-24-2009, 09:06 AM
i would translate that for you's, but I am afraid even I dont know what she is talking about:lol:

crazyfriend
07-24-2009, 09:53 AM
hey critter you need something nice painted on ya trunk maybe Erin could paint "something" there for ya ????
A little critter is ones wild side when they are just out to have fun hence we all have a little critter inside us .
As for critter jitter (dance) well guess that's something we will see when he wins- he'll do his dance n rest of drivers will be doin the jitter--- dang little critter gave us the jitters as we chased him round the track :lol: :lol:.
:cheers::cheers::cheers:GO CRITTER GO :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::lol::lol:
ok i know wishfull thinking :angel:

DerbyN8-128
07-24-2009, 04:04 PM
i still say let it the way it is everything runs good i think

I agree with critter...on this topic

fuglygswracing
07-24-2009, 05:56 PM
that would be insane!!!:lol: The first guy in line would be behind the last guy in line. Bumper to bumper racing!

that's the way enduro was meant to be raced, bumper to bumper, and you didn't know who won till the end :cheers:

critter
07-24-2009, 08:42 PM
do i have a stalker lol critter jitter been practicing , lets hope i win

critter
07-24-2009, 08:50 PM
ok crazyfriend u got me scared know , do i know u ???? hmmmm stranger lol , erin can paint my car anytime , and yes keep it the way it is

Spanky1975
07-24-2009, 10:17 PM
I say, SUPER tech your car with it, divide the number of infractions you have into his, then if an even number........

Anyone knows that any number divided by zero is zero. Is that odd or even? So now we are back to the drawing board. Maybe we should just do the coin flip? I just hope someone inspects the coin before it is flipped.

EnduroFromDE
07-24-2009, 10:24 PM
This is what happen when I divided by 0:lol:

http://halshop.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/phpw9jvl0pm.jpg

Maybe we should get back on topic...so who is running first...?

crazyfriend
07-25-2009, 05:12 AM
ok crazyfriend u got me scared know , do i know u ???? hmmmm stranger lol , erin can paint my car anytime , and yes keep it the way it is

Critters RUN faster when they scared .... you don't know me , i don't know you ,not a stalker n don't like guys spittin hockers ,,,,, Better watch out there's a stranger in town......... hehehaha :angel:
Been called lots things but a stalker dang never that ,ok will add that to my list thanks :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers::cheers::cheers:

critter
07-25-2009, 01:38 PM
this critter dont run easy ,or get scared lol :cool:

CJfilms
07-25-2009, 02:17 PM
OK! OK!!!!

Enough talk about dividing by ZERO!!! Look what happened to Steve's place, does anyone else ant that to happen to them??? :applause::applause::applause:

Coin flip is a good idea....but this is how we will find out if the idea will even work. If we know the Small Cars don't have a fighting chance on the speedway after the Big Cars, we know we cannot run them second....if there is no problem what the order is, then yes, we can have coin flips for the running order at future events! :D

critter
07-25-2009, 02:41 PM
keep it the way it is small then big

crazyfriend
07-25-2009, 05:54 PM
this critter dont run easy ,or get scared lol :cool:

I scare critters ,dogs,cats,HUMANS as matter fact .

critter
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
well get your butt in the pits look for me lets meet , ok ???? i wont bite lol